Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:36:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Frankie Boyle  (Read 5823 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Frankie Boyle
« Reply #30 on December 22, 2010, 04:22:49 pm by MrFrost »
If you don't like it, don't watch it. There is a disclaimer before his show that warns you what is coming.
He is actually a very intelligent man and has had alot of suffering in his own life.
That said, his humour is not for everyone. Personally though, I find him highly entertaining.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 22, 2010, 04:37:00 pm by Dimples-D »
I have been a fan of his for the past few years.. I watched episode one of his new series and thought it was so-so.  Thought I would give it another chance the following week. Again so-so.. I watched the first of the double bill last night and came to the conclusion that it is sh*te.
'If you don't like it don't watch it' as the saying goes... I didn't watch the second one of the double bill..
He just uses the same jokes every week.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 22, 2010, 04:40:39 pm by MrFrost »
I thought that the first episode last night was hilarious. The sketches are really warped and fcuked up.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 22, 2010, 05:04:14 pm by Rios »
I was a huge fan.  Mock the Week was brilliant with him and I watched him live in Manchester on his last tour... although he just repeated the stuff he'd done on Mock the Week which was a bit shit.

I've watched the DVD of his latest tour and it's disappointing.  There are some laughs in there, but lifting the sickest stuff off sickapedia and just being plain insulting in the traditional right-wing working mens club style does not make a funny experience.  Personally I think he believed his own hype and thinks he's much funnier than he actually is... should stayed at MTW where he was the star.

For me Kevin Bishop, Dara Obrien and Kevin Bridges are the funniest three at the minute.  All have regional comedy which does travel well.

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 22, 2010, 05:15:12 pm by DonnyEl »
Rios wrote:
I was a huge fan.  Mock the Week was brilliant with him and I watched him live in Manchester on his last tour... although he just repeated the stuff he'd done on Mock the Week which was a bit shit.

I've watched the DVD of his latest tour and it's disappointing.  There are some laughs in there, but lifting the sickest stuff off sickapedia and just being plain insulting in the traditional right-wing working mens club style does not make a funny experience.  Personally I think he believed his own hype and thinks he's much funnier than he actually is... should stayed at MTW where he was the star.

For me Kevin Bishop, Dara Obrien and Kevin Bridges are the funniest three at the minute.  All have regional comedy which does travel well.

kevin or john? because i saw john bishop at the MEN and he was on fire!!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 23, 2010, 08:29:34 am by CusworthRovers »
We've got tickets for John Bishop at the Dome in a few weeks. Bought them nearly a year ago just before he hit mainstream, when he was a breath of fresh air. In all honesty I'm getting a bit too used to him now. Hopefully a friend, who also saw him at MEN I think, said he was superb and it was all new stuff not seen on the telly.

Dara I'm not sure about. That Apprentice after show thing is just his show and everybody else are the stooges. I would suggest the show (although needs a tad of humour) is mainly about the guests on their experiences in the show. Dara asks the right questions, but only allows anybody about 2 seconds air-time or 1 sentence answers, before he interrupts and takes over by trying to be funny. He may be an idious looking chuff, but Chiles got it about right on that show.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 05, 2011, 11:55:47 am by CusworthRovers »
Have to say I've watched 2 live comedy dvd's in the last 2 weeks.

Jimmy Carr- In all honesty, his humour is much like Frankie Boyles. Boyle tells it in a rough arsed working class way, while Carr tells it in a middle England way. Gags are the same just a slight variation on delivery. I would suggest Carr is slightly cleverer though.

Lee Mack- Only seen him the odd time on TV and thought he wasn't good. However found his live dvd very good. The funniest bit is when he go's all 'Cockney' on you.

Just borrowed Gervais's new one so need to see that now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012