Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:45:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Born Bankrupt  (Read 7474 times)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
Re: Born Bankrupt
« Reply #30 on August 28, 2012, 06:13:31 pm by mjdgreg »
My approach is as follows:

1) I find myself with nothing to do, so I watch a bit of telly
2) When there are no cartoons on, I form a deliberately misleading viewpoint on a topical matter and post it on the VSC forum.
3) I wait for people to attempt to argue with my original, deliberately misleading viewpoint,
4) I then dedicate my time to scouring the internet for obscure articles which I can copy and paste in a failed attempt to undermine any disagreeable posts.
5) I fail to acknowledge the sources of any of these plagiarised articles, claiming them as my own by spouting some nonsense about possessing a photographic memory.
6) I continue this bizarre ritual, sometimes for weeks on end.
6) When a moderator finally has the good sense to lock a topic I have a couple of days off before starting afresh with a new, topical, theme.
7) Throughout this process I continue to battle with a range of personality disorders

This thread is indeed a perfect example of your philosophy.

It's a good job I've got a good sense of humour. That was quite a funny post. Well done. However it bears no resemblance to the truth of the matter. I could spend a while going through all of your post but I'll just highlight a few areas of concern.

You say 'This thread is indeed a perfect example of your philosophy.' I'd be grateful if you could point out where I've plagiarised anything and failed to provide the source. What have I said that is misleading? Where are the obscure articles that I've copied and pasted? I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a proper answer to my questions.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 28, 2012, 06:27:52 pm by The L J Monk »
You say 'This thread is indeed a perfect example of your philosophy.' I'd be grateful if you could point out where I've plagiarised anything and failed to provide the source. What have I said that is misleading? Where are the obscure articles that I've copied and pasted? I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a proper answer to my questions.

Think of me as a futurologist Mick. Should you manage to continue to ensnare posters then I can see this thread going the same way as the Bob Diamond one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:57:47 pm by The L J Monk »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 28, 2012, 06:37:18 pm by mjdgreg »
Think of me as a futurologist mjdgreg. Should you manage to continue to ensnare posters then I can see this thread going the same way as the Bob Diamond one.

Well at least you gave an answer. Unfortunately not a very good one. I can't see this thread getting around 3000 views like the Bob Diamond one. I think you're being a bit optimistic there.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 29, 2012, 12:00:30 am by Dagenham Rover »
As I said previously Mick (without an answer) Its amazing how changing 2 or 3 words can totally change the meaning of something

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 29, 2012, 09:54:10 am by mjdgreg »
As I said previously mjdgreg (without an answer) It's amazing how changing 2 or 3 words can totally change the meaning of something

Amazing what adding a few little words to the original does isn't it mjdgreg

I presume you are talking about your previous post as above. If you'd added a question mark then I would have answered your question. I just thought you were making a statement. Any way now I know you want an answer, here it is. I disagree that my extra 2 or 3 words totally changed the meaning of the phrase. I feel it just helped to clarify matters. 

Marydene Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 29, 2012, 10:04:12 am by Marydene Rover »
I've watched the programme it paints a very bleak future for our kids. If the conclusions reached are any where near accurate then God help our kids. 

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 29, 2012, 01:40:19 pm by mjdgreg »
I've watched the programme it paints a very bleak future for our kids. If the conclusions reached are any where near accurate then God help our kids.

I agree. It's time this generation of 'baby boomers' stopped living beyond their means and expecting their kids and their kid's kids to pick up the bill. It's just not fair and is very selfish. As an act of selflessness I am prepared to forgo my state pension to help them out. How many more of you are prepared to help out? Not many I suspect.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012