Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:55:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Parking ticket  (Read 7776 times)

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
Parking ticket
« on April 10, 2013, 12:40:10 pm by colfromdonny »
Last night I got ticketed by a chap from the waterdale parking.  I was parked on the access road that is right next to the old ABC cinema.  I told him that I was just waiting for the wife and would only be a few minutes, so I had my usual argument with him whereupon he photographed my car and stuck a ticket on my screen.  He says I was causing an obstruction and my car 'could' get damaged which I took to be a thinly veiled threat.
What I would like help with is, after reading the previous similar thread, is this a case where I could just ignore it or will I have to pay.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Parking ticket
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2013, 12:50:07 pm by RobTheRover »
Was it issued by the council or the police?  If neither of those, he has given you an invoice.  Dont pay it.  If it is Council or Police, hard luck, you will have to cough up or challenge it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2013, 01:33:22 pm by Donnywolf »
I have read about these Parking Invoices a lot lately and perhaps just as well

A friend went to Robin Hood the other night to pick someone up and says it is now riddled with Double Yellows and Signs saying NO Stopping at any time

Anyway he took a wrong turn - and backed into a side road to go back - whereupon a Van with ANPR came along. My friend being a polite chap even reversed slightly to let the Van get up the road and it then turned round behind him.

When passing traffic allowed he then pulled out and the Van followed him- but he now wonders if he has a Ticket on its way to him * and whether you can get nicked for turning round with your engine running

Also can he just ignore the Ticket as Mr Frost seems to say (as its an Invoice) ?

* One thing that may be in my friends favour is that he is driving a Body Shop loaned car at the moment ( as some Scummy or Scunny B****** rammed his car recently) so as they are registered keepers of that vehicle surely they wont know who was driving ? ...... and he has read that he has no need to tell "whoever" which person was driving

Any thoughts - anyone been Ticketed here ?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2013, 01:40:07 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
You've got to be careful you don't pervert the course of justice.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2013, 01:47:21 pm by Filo »
I have read about these Parking Invoices a lot lately and perhaps just as well

A friend went to Robin Hood the other night to pick someone up and says it is now riddled with Double Yellows and Signs saying NO Stopping at any time

Anyway he took a wrong turn - and backed into a side road to go back - whereupon a Van with ANPR came along. My friend being a polite chap even reversed slightly to let the Van get up the road and it then turned round behind him.

When passing traffic allowed he then pulled out and the Van followed him- but he now wonders if he has a Ticket on its way to him * and whether you can get nicked for turning round with your engine running

Also can he just ignore the Ticket as Mr Frost seems to say (as its an Invoice) ?

* One thing that may be in my friends favour is that he is driving a Body Shop loaned car at the moment ( as some Scummy or Scunny B****** rammed his car recently) so as they are registered keepers of that vehicle surely they wont know who was driving ? ...... and he has read that he has no need to tell "whoever" which person was driving

Any thoughts - anyone been Ticketed here ?

The invoice your mate got at the airport is probably Vehicle Control Services a private parking company and sister company to excel Parking, both run by a crook called Simon Renshaw-Smith (google his name), excel were banned earlier this year from accessing the DVLA data base for Gross misconduct.

The owner of the Vehicle will probably get this

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/blueb5/media/VCSfront_zpsa52038a9.jpg.html

It looks scary but is nothing but bluff, just ignore

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2013, 01:59:34 pm by Donnywolf »
You've got to be careful you don't pervert the course of justice.

Well my Mate has !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2013, 02:04:33 pm by Donnywolf »

The invoice your mate got at the airport is probably Vehicle Control Services a private parking company and sister company to excel Parking, both run by a crook called Simon Renshaw-Smith (google his name), excel were banned earlier this year from accessing the DVLA data base for Gross misconduct.

The owner of the Vehicle will probably get this

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/blueb5/media/VCSfront_zpsa52038a9.jpg.html

It looks scary but is nothing but bluff, just ignore
[/quote]

Cheers .... that was one of my questions though. That Document will be sent to the Registered Keeper ?

If it does go there then surely the Owner (a local Car Body Shop) will not be able to tell the Parking Mob who the drivers was only that they loaned the Car to my friend ?

Then my friend can apparently decide not to disclose whether it was him or one of his Family that was driving

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2013, 11:53:00 pm by BobG »
Well damn me! I've got one of the chuffing things now. Arrived in the post this morning from the wonderfully caring CP Plus of Borehamwood. Complete with pictures, and time clocks, of my car arriving and leaving the car park at Chieveley Services on the M4. They claim I overstayed the 3 hours allowed. So pay up 90 quid or else.

The letter clearly states:

" The vehicle was recorded parked on our clients property at MOTO Chieveley". This, I think, will ensure that the land in question is privately owned? And given it's neither the Council nor the Plods, would I be right to sit here and piss myself watching their anticipated efforts to scare me into submission?

Cheers

BobG

PS Been scanning the web. Fascinating. This looks like a good site to bookmark.

http://www.appealnow.com/private/

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:45:54 am by BobG »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2013, 08:34:48 am by Donnywolf »
Cheers for that info Bob

There is similar material all across the Net - lots on Money Savings Expert ... http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets
but what intrigues me is this :

At Robin Hood Airport there are loads of Double Yellows all around the place and I assumed that they were for Security / Terrorism threats etc - but there is a Van constantly cruising looking for anyone that so much as stops.

People on the Forums on Parking seem to say just ignore the Invoice if you are given one for "stopping" as they have no right to "do you" BUT what if the Police cruise past and you are stopped on Yellow Lines there .... can they nick you ... in other words do the Yellow Lines count for anything ?

Cheers DW
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:37:45 am by Donnywolf »

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2013, 08:50:34 am by Rios »
Cheers .... that was one of my questions though. That Document will be sent to the Registered Keeper ?

If it does go there then surely the Owner (a local Car Body Shop) will not be able to tell the Parking Mob who the drivers was only that they loaned the Car to my friend ?

Then my friend can apparently decide not to disclose whether it was him or one of his Family that was driving

It doesn't apply to private parking tickets, but if you get one from the Police or council then they changed the law a little while ago.  If the registered owner fails to disclose who was driving then the registered owner gets stung for the points/fine.  If it's a company (as in your case) and they fail to disclose then the points get's left at the door of the owner/managing director.  I work in the motor industry and it's now a sackable offence to loan cars out without having the relevant forms and time stamps indicating who had which car and when!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 12, 2013, 09:02:41 am by Filo »
Well damn me! I've got one of the chuffing things now. Arrived in the post this morning from the wonderfully caring CP Plus of Borehamwood. Complete with pictures, and time clocks, of my car arriving and leaving the car park at Chieveley Services on the M4. They claim I overstayed the 3 hours allowed. So pay up 90 quid or else.

The letter clearly states:

" The vehicle was recorded parked on our clients property at MOTO Chieveley". This, I think, will ensure that the land in question is privately owned? And given it's neither the Council nor the Plods, would I be right to sit here and piss myself watching their anticipated efforts to scare me into submission?

Cheers

BobG

PS Been scanning the web. Fascinating. This looks like a good site to bookmark.

http://www.appealnow.com/private/

Bob, these forums all offer good advice

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 12, 2013, 08:14:49 pm by Donnywolf »

It doesn't apply to private parking tickets, but if you get one from the Police or council then they changed the law a little while ago.  If the registered owner fails to disclose who was driving then the registered owner gets stung for the points/fine.  If it's a company (as in your case) and they fail to disclose then the points get's left at the door of the owner/managing director.  I work in the motor industry and it's now a sackable offence to loan cars out without having the relevant forms and time stamps indicating who had which car and when!

Hi Rios

Thanks for that

What I was trying to ask but put it badly is this :

The Body Shop can without doubt pinpoint who had the Car on the day of the "parking offence" They loaned it to my Mate but he had to use his existing Insurance for the cover ...

.... so anyone who normally drives his Car (Wife or Son) may have been at the Wheel and the Parking Company wont know even if they have a photo of the Driver BUT the Body Shop as Registered keepers wont have a clue either

So my Mate is fancying writing to them if he gets the Ticket and saying he is not the Registered Keeper or Owner and cant say without Photos who was driving at the time ... and hope they then go away

Hope I have explained a bit better this time

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 12, 2013, 11:50:36 pm by BobG »
Thank you Filo. I have taken a look - but boy boy! There's a lot of stuff on there.... I haven't yet got my head around whether the correct procedure now (after the Freedoms Act thing of late last year) is to firstly appeal to the company, lose that, then appeal to POPLA, lose that, then ignore everything unless and until I receive actual Court papers, or, to simply ignore everything for ever. The point of the appeals being that if Court papers were ever issued, having made the appeals would stand in my favour I assume.

Given the widespread and huge volume of stuff about all this on the net, I'm a bit surprised anyone ever pays these sharks at all tbh.

Cheers

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2013, 01:05:00 am by Filo »
Thank you Filo. I have taken a look - but boy boy! There's a lot of stuff on there.... I haven't yet got my head around whether the correct procedure now (after the Freedoms Act thing of late last year) is to firstly appeal to the company, lose that, then appeal to POPLA, lose that, then ignore everything unless and until I receive actual Court papers, or, to simply ignore everything for ever. The point of the appeals being that if Court papers were ever issued, having made the appeals would stand in my favour I assume.

Given the widespread and huge volume of stuff about all this on the net, I'm a bit surprised anyone ever pays these sharks at all tbh.

Cheers

BobG

Bob, I would just ignore them, but if you want to appeal then appeal to POPLA, it costs the company about £30 to defend the appeal, it costs you nothing, the result of the appeal is binding on them but not on you, so you could just revert back to ignore if you lose the appeal. If nothing else you`ve made these cowboys cough up £30 for nothing

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2013, 10:01:12 pm by BobG »
Thank you Filo. I think I shall simply do a Nelson.

How come you know so much about this? You a recidivist or something?!

BobG

PS I might have got done again today.... Sat in a McDonald's car park waiting for Alex's time with his Mum to end. The bun didn't last long enough. I thought the time allowed was 2 hours. Lol. On the way out I saw a sign saying 90 minutes. Oops. Couldn't spot the cameras though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2013, 01:08:07 am by Filo »

BobG

PS I might have got done again today.... Sat in a McDonald's car park waiting for Alex's time with his Mum to end. The bun didn't last long enough. I thought the time allowed was 2 hours. Lol. On the way out I saw a sign saying 90 minutes. Oops. Couldn't spot the cameras though.

Bob, I had a ticket from Excell parking in May last year for overstaying my time by 5 minutes, the thing about it was I`d actually paid 50p more than I should have because the machine did n`t give out change, that 50p was more than enough to cover the extra 5 minutes and I was fuming so I did some research and discovered that all this private parking lark is just a scam!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2013, 10:49:16 pm by BobG »
Cool. Thanks Filo. You are appointed Resident Forum Expert, Morale Booster and Support for Those in Distress.  Actually, thank you mate. This thread has been massively helpful.

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2013, 11:37:30 am by RobTheRover »
I got one off the plod whilst at the Swindon game and parked on sandy lane. Apparently for "parking within 20 meters of a junction".  If I got done then loads of others must have too.

Set of t**ts. I pay enough in bloody taxes. The SYP coffers must be running low paying for all their bloody overtime.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2013, 11:44:46 am by MrFrost »
I got one off the plod whilst at the Swindon game and parked on sandy lane. Apparently for "parking within 20 meters of a junction".  If I got done then loads of others must have too.

Set of t**ts. I pay enough in bloody taxes. The SYP coffers must be running low paying for all their bloody overtime.

That is a traffic law. I don't have sympathy with anyone who breaks traffic laws, they are there to follow, if you follow them, you won't get done!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2013, 12:38:51 pm by Filo »

That is a traffic law. I don't have sympathy with anyone who breaks traffic laws, they are there to follow, if you follow them, you won't get done!

Maybe you should pay your outstanding fine for breaking traffic laws instead of getting away with it on a technicality

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=235090.msg275121;topicseen#msg275121

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2013, 12:47:39 pm by RobTheRover »

Frosty,  I was parked in the same spot I've parked in for years.  There were cars closer than mine to any junction on there. Actually,  given the number of junctions on sandy lane,  they could ticket 20 cars a game,  and I've never seen 1 issued before.

It must be the most obscure and ridiculous parking law going.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2013, 01:01:59 pm by MrFrost »

Frosty,  I was parked in the same spot I've parked in for years.  There were cars closer than mine to any junction on there. Actually,  given the number of junctions on sandy lane,  they could ticket 20 cars a game,  and I've never seen 1 issued before.

I park down Sandy Lane as well, and know people have been done for it in the past, so I don't park near the junctions. Its might be a petty law, but i'd rather not run the risk.

I also laugh at those who park on the double yellows at the bottom of Sandy Lane who get ticketed then moan about it.

Filo - yes a technicality, but it is there to be taken advantage of, so who cares?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2013, 01:04:49 pm by Filo »

I park down Sandy Lane as well, and know people have been done for it in the past, so I don't park near the junctions. Its might be a petty law, but i'd rather not run the risk.

I also laugh at those who park on the double yellows at the bottom of Sandy Lane who get ticketed then moan about it.

Filo - yes a technicality, but it is there to be taken advantage of, so who cares?

As you say, traffic laws are there to follow, you did n`t follow and got lucky, you`re hardly in a position to preach to others about following traffic laws are you?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 16, 2013, 01:11:03 pm by MrFrost »

As you say, traffic laws are there to follow, you did n`t follow and got lucky, you`re hardly in a position to preach to others about following traffic laws are you?

But I would have taken the punishment, and accepted it. However, if there is a loophole, then i'd take advantage of it, and encourage others to do the same.

There was no getting lucky about it. Legally they couldn't enforce the action.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 06, 2013, 08:22:28 am by Donnywolf »

BobG

Hi BobG

Just wondering if you actually "did a Nelson" .... and did it work ?

I have been following Filos advice and ignoring everything but I have now had 4 letters including the one from a Debt collector (Roxburghe) and the latest from a Solicitor

To me I feel that they are at the issue a Notice of Intended prosecution stage or they give up ... or are there any other stages to come

Many thanks for any input

PS Do you have a copy of photo taken by AlonsoD of you Granville and me at Forest Green Rovers that time please. Would love to see one

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 08, 2013, 12:06:02 pm by BobG »
Sent you an email mate. Sorry didn't reply before. Not been online.

BobG

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 30, 2013, 05:07:33 pm by ExileRover »
Hi guys. I have recieved one of these for pulling in near Robin Hood airport with two pictures of the car from a Sheffield company saying its a private road and no stopping at any time. It hasn't come from the council or the police, any advice?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 30, 2013, 06:06:06 pm by Muttley »
Ignore it.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 30, 2013, 06:13:10 pm by ExileRover »
Any implications to ignoring it? Personally I thought the road leading up to the airport was council land not private land? However, it was a bus stop / lay-by I pulled in for 5mins, does this make any difference. Reading money saving expert site from one of the links above which state four options you have to appeal and my situation wouldn't fall in any. How many threatening letters would I expect to receive before they give up chasing?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 30, 2013, 06:50:30 pm by IC1967 »
Ignore it. They'll keep sending letters trying to ratchet up your worry factor but relax and just laugh each time you receive a letter. I received about 6, each one more menacing than the one before. If you read the letter carefully it will say that they 'may' take you to court if you don't pay. They say 'may' because they know they can't take you to court.

You only need to sort it if it's the council or police.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:54:12 pm by IC1967 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012