Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:28:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Parking ticket  (Read 7782 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Parking ticket
« Reply #30 on October 31, 2013, 08:35:38 am by Donnywolf »
 :that:

If you read the posts above you will see loads of good advice and a few useful links

As above the tactic seems to be to scare you into paying out for something they cannot enforce

I am at the 4th Letter stage (no visits from the Bailiffs yet)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 02, 2013, 12:52:52 am by BobG »
That bunch that tried it on with me last Spring seem to have given up. I had 3 very threatening letters but there's been sod all for 3 or 4 months now. I didn't respond to a single one of 'em. That seems to be a reasonable tactic as they then don't really know who they're dealing with.

Cheers

BobG

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 11, 2013, 10:08:52 pm by Donnywolf »
Ignore it. They'll keep sending letters trying to ratchet up your worry factor but relax and just laugh each time you receive a letter. I received about 6, each one more menacing than the one before. If you read the letter carefully it will say that they 'may' take you to court if you don't pay. They say 'may' because they know they can't take you to court.

You only need to sort it if it's the council or police.

Hi ICI - When was your "offence" 2013 or before please ?

This is exactly what has been happening to me. I was told on here and elsewhere to ignore the Parking Invoice I got at Donny Airport.

I have had 4 letters so far with the last one 13 weeks ago. I have been doing my own head in watching every car to see if the debt collectors were in it - worrying what te Postman might bring every day ... and then a few days ago I relaxed and thought ....well they have given up ... but yesterday I got another Letter and once again Mrs DW got into my ribs which is not ideal

Then reading Martin Lewis Moneysaving forum I find that ignoring these tickets is NOT the way to go so to say the least I am now very very confused

I would now have to cough up £160 - but should I just stick to ignoring everything . I don't KNOW any more

I really wish now I had just written straight away saying the original ticket was unjust for several reasons and they may have given up there and then but that ship sailed 6 months ago   

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 11, 2013, 10:45:25 pm by Muttley »
Stick at it and keep ignoring them.

They only take a handful of cases to court each year (tens of cases out of millions of tickets issued). Chances are it won't be you.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 12, 2013, 12:45:57 pm by ExileRover »
Hi Donnywolf,

I have had one of these at Donny airport and I posted on the Martin Lewis forum for advice. I was told that post 2013 you need to write to them to tell them to drop the charge on the grounds of the signage isnt appropriate, it doesnt state the terms and conditions and that there is no financial loss or damage to them. If they dont accept to drop the case to send a POPLA code where you can then appeal and get the charge dropped. However, after doing alot of reading on their website I think either ignorning them or going down this route is pretty much the same. The understanding I have is that if you write to them and then appeal to POPLA, if necessary, that the charge officially gets dropped whereas sitting it out and ignorning it I guess you can never be sure they wont send you another letter. I did find some website, a soliciters website, where it stated that the maximum charge they can hand out would be £150 anyway which I will try and find for you. Personally I wouldnt worry too much. I sent them a letter on 31/10/13 appealing the charge and havent heard back from them as yet but its only been 11 days. I think that many people pay these fines that they wont persue the ones that dont too much. I am in a similar position to you in that I wasnt driving my car so the car owner is wanting me to just pay the charge. Im standing my ground and not giving these cowboys any money!

Good luck, but I think Muttley is right, as you havent aready appealed (which there is probably a minimum time in which you can appeal which will probably have elapsed) I would just ignore it and sit it out.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 12, 2013, 03:10:20 pm by IC1967 »
Hi ICI - When was your "offence" 2013 or before please ?

It was 2012. My advice would be to keep ignoring them and they will eventually give up.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 14, 2013, 09:46:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Have a look on here 

http://www.appealnow.com/private/   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012