Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:46:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Petition to Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK  (Read 6229 times)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: Petition to Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the UK
« Reply #30 on January 30, 2017, 01:33:03 pm by Lipsy »
idler - eh? What?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Hmm apparently only O.6 % of Millibands North Doncaster constituents have signed the petition I reckon 90% would vote for Trump if he stood against him!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Hmm apparently only O.6 % of Millibands North Doncaster constituents have signed the petition I reckon 90% would vote for Trump if he stood against him!

Says more about people of donny than Milliband I'm afraid

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 30, 2017, 10:32:40 pm by BobG »
Exactly. We weren't Idler. You've got it in one. We were one amongst many where consensus and negotiation was the basis of working. Now? We kow tow to an objectionable Turk who is busy  raping and emasculating his own population and a fat, slimy oaf who is busy  giving the world to Russia and to China - and who, along the way, will rape us into the bargain. Whoever heard of the Yanks entering into a deal, any deal, that wasn't in their national interest and advantage (always with the honourable and blessed exception of the Marshall Plan - though that too was done in self interest)? Why do you think Trump is anti EU? It's a damn sight easier to bully and exploit countries one by one than when they're all lined up together.

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 31, 2017, 08:00:11 am by Filo »
Right now it seems Trump is the biggest threat to world peace than Putin ever was, he's just thrown out America's greatest principles, democracy and free speech, sacking who ever disagrees with him, it seems America is no longer the land of the free

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 31, 2017, 08:38:48 am by Donnywolf »
So we weren't kissing any of our European brother's arses then?
Had Junkers and a few more shown a bit more respect the result would probably have crept the other way.
The politicians on both sides deserve no credit at all for their actions in the campaigns pre-Brexit.

Exactly my view. Nobody in either corner came out and gave facts (which we acknowledged on here at the time) because in truth they had no idea what the facts were - and at my age I probably will never know if we as a Nation voted the "right way" - and we wont know for decades to come probably.

I voted Remain and I may in time be proved right that that was the way we should have gone but equally in 20 years time if I am alive and kicking I might just have to concede that the Nation WAS right to vote out.

The unfortunate thing is that the result was way too close and is completely devisive which is ironic as it was supposed to solve the Tories schism on the matter "once and for all"

The other thing I really dislike is people saying we voted out - get over it and generally moaning at those who wanted to remain. Its Democratic they say - get over it ! Well Trump has won democratically too - albeit with less Votes across the USA than the loser got - but if they want to operate with a system that allows that then what can we say about that ? After all we have an equally daft system (imo) which allows a Party to poll only 42 % of the popular vote yet win by a landslide !

Finally what really grips my s*** is that in our Referendum those who voted OUT are saying to those who voted remain to get over it - and its Democracy but I see the dice was loaded in favour of those wanting out.

I draw the parallel with the Scottish Independence vote. The Scots voted to reject Independence by a small majority BUT those wanting the opposite result have the opportunity to keep going for it again and again (and would have done so even if the EU Referendum had opted for remain) and that is the unfair bit. Eventually they will win and even if its by 10 votes they will be saying to the "losers" - its democracy - get over it whilst totally ignoring the fact that it was Democracy the last time they voted NOT to become Independent - and at that point when they are Independent or we have voted OUT the losers have no chance to get any kind of redress - and are told to accept it - its democracy !
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:42:10 am by Donnywolf »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 31, 2017, 09:41:04 am by idler »
I agree with most if not all of that Wolfy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012