Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:22:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: b***er - aaagh - sod it. A Speeding Ticket  (Read 4352 times)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Re: b***er - aaagh - sod it. A Speeding Ticket
« Reply #30 on May 20, 2017, 01:24:39 am by Muttley »
When I did my speeding course I learnt that the speed limit on a dual carriageway was 70mph. I thought you could only do 70 mph on a motorway.

So there was me at my speeding awareness course being informed that I'd spent a good part of 30 odd years of driving going too bloody slow!

The answer is that it depends. If there are street lights and no repeaters it's 30mph. If there are streetlights and 40mph repeaters its 40mph. Its only 70 if there are either repeaters or no streetlights. It is also only a dual carriageway way if there is a raised central area.

The limit is whatever the last sign you passed said, or, if there isn't a sign, 30mph.

Councils can set their own limits outside of the government guidelines.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 20, 2017, 07:36:37 am by Filo »
Thank you Filo. I had looked around the net but hadn't come across that site.

I ignored the soft buggers at first but when they persisted, as the rules have changed a bit, I sent them the AA ticket I got once they'd repaired the old jalopy. Almost empty car park, 10 o'clock at night, sodding big AA van parked right by me and they did me for staying 30 minutes longer than the allowed 2 hours. On some other site I found a very detailed draft letter to send to these people designed to force them to do a load of work to comply with the exact regs. I'm awaiting their response....

BobG

Did the AA van get a ticket, or had he payed to park?

The reason I'm asking that is because a few years ago one of our taxis got a ticket from a parking company. The driver had picked up at the travelodge at the M18 M180 services on a Saturday night at 7pm and then dropped back off the same night at 11:30pm, the parking company sent a ticket with photo evidence claiming that the taxi had been parked there for four and a half hours. They totally ignored the two photographs of him leaving at 7:05pm and entering again at 23:25pm. Thats what these company's are like

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 20, 2017, 06:33:33 pm by ravenrover »
Back to the original post I'm sure I read that camera cans now have a camera on the side of the van so that if they miss you coming towards them they get you as you go past

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 20, 2017, 06:43:20 pm by roversontheup »
I've noticed that there is a difference between my car speedo and the flashing speed signs on road sides. Also between my car and my sat nav. My car speedo is always about 3mph faster than the other two.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 20, 2017, 10:06:41 pm by drfchound »
It is my understanding that car speedos are set at 2mph higher than your actual speed.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 21, 2017, 11:50:00 am by Donnywolf »
I've noticed that there is a difference between my car speedo and the flashing speed signs on road sides. Also between my car and my sat nav. My car speedo is always about 3mph faster than the other two.

Always different on mine too, The Sat Nav I was told is the correct one because it is reading your positioning all the time so travel a whole mile (for example) and it knows it took you exactly 2 minutes so you are doing 30mph

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 21, 2017, 03:17:29 pm by BobG »
If I'm in the Alfa unless I'm doing 10 mph or something like that, I always feel safe driving upto 5mph faster than the speedo says I should. I've proved the error loads of times. In ther Nissan the error is 3mph. Oddly, neither error varies much with increasing speed once you got to about 30 mph.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012