Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:29:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Religious or Atheist?  (Read 6199 times)

topnotch_Donny

Re:Religious or Atheist?
« Reply #30 on May 21, 2010, 10:21:04 pm by topnotch_Donny »
German Rover wrote:
I do believe in a greater power that runs the show, and have done for a couple of years now as it dawned on me after walking away from a 95 mph car accident on the autobahn without even a scratch or a bruise on me. It also helped me get through my last tour of Afghanistan thinking that someone up there has an eye out for us.

interestingly I worked with americans in afghanistan who swore blind that all the afghan people need is to embrace jesus and they will find peace, which is a real load of tosh. these evangelical religious types are a great danger to themselves and the people they attempt to \"Save\".

The world would be a much better place if people were allowed to believe what they want to believe with no interference from preachers and evangelicals, most of whom seem to work as a matter of ego so they can say i saved this man from evil. And as a final point Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same god just under different names and in slightly different ways.

Good post mate, and it cant do any harm in believing in it. I know it has caused wars (religion) but we know better than that, and if it helps some through bad times then it can only be a good thing.

Religion was meant to be a deterrent, but like everything else, the powers that be turned it  :angry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 21, 2010, 10:47:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
German Rover wrote:
It also helped me get through my last tour of Afghanistan thinking that someone up there has an eye out for us.

That was the Sky News helicopter.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #32 on May 21, 2010, 10:48:32 pm by topnotch_Donny »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
German Rover wrote:
It also helped me get through my last tour of Afghanistan thinking that someone up there has an eye out for us.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Great  :laugh:

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 22, 2010, 09:33:49 am by German Rover »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
German Rover wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 22, 2010, 12:14:50 pm by nightporter »
God my arse!  Didn't help me with a miracle cure but helped Lionel Messi with that wonder goal the other week.

PULL YOU'RE FINGER OUT GOD YOU Kitson!

:unsure:  :unsure:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 22, 2010, 04:52:41 pm by River Don »
I'm quite proud that our country seems to be the one that has the highest levels of scepticism when it comes to God in the entire world. This thread seems to reflect that.

I do find it quite worrying that beyond Europe religion seems to be on the rise and becoming more intolerant.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 22, 2010, 06:39:08 pm by German Rover »
Quite a good book on the subject is why i'm not a christian by bertrand russell awesome book, exploring the great mans faith or lack of it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012