Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:50:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: billy and ipswich  (Read 3020 times)

ryanb86

• Forum Member
billy and ipswich
« on November 07, 2011, 11:21:46 am by ryanb86 »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11734/7297027/Sharp-won-t-close-Town-door

a tough week for him then sky jump straight onto the transfer gossip!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DrfcMatty

Re: billy and ipswich
« Reply #1 on November 07, 2011, 11:33:58 am by DrfcMatty »
think he will go in January but i believe he deserves it, a player like him should be at a bigger n better club!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 07, 2011, 12:10:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a none story really, what is he supposed to say apart from that?

It's the same as any player, decent bid comes in and they'll go and talk, if it isn't good enough they won't.  Both happened for Sharp in the summer, yet he's still here.  If Ipswich want him they know the fee, put up or shut up simple as that.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 07, 2011, 12:49:03 pm by djoftherovers1 »
I think the way billy has conducted himself and the ways he's played over the last week he Will be on even more teams shopping list. only downside now is he's down to 18month on his contract so teams Will not be offering mega bucks. lets hope rovers are getting him a decent contract offer together that he deserves so we can tie him down..

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 07, 2011, 12:58:03 pm by keyser_soze »
Agreed - total non-story. Sharp basically says he rejected them previously, but he was even less likely to say anything negative about Ipswich following their apparent kindness at the weekend.

Several Ipswich fans have admitted on their forum that the sole reason they applauded was because they wanted him to move to Ipswich, one has even said they'd forgotten about his loss.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 07, 2011, 01:06:14 pm by inSODwetrust »
Alot of Ipswich fans on their forum admitting not only did they clap him due to his circumstances, but because they want to sign him!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 07, 2011, 01:07:59 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=197509
Agreed - total non-story. Sharp basically says he rejected them previously, but he was even less likely to say anything negative about Ipswich following their apparent kindness at the weekend.

Several Ipswich fans have admitted on their forum that the sole reason they applauded was because they wanted him to move to Ipswich, one has even said they'd forgotten about his loss.

Link

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 07, 2011, 01:23:24 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=197513

Link

Bit distasteful really.

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2011, 01:26:22 pm by Spike »
I've already been on there to tell them what two faced sods they are.  Maybe it should go around twitter as well

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 07, 2011, 01:26:49 pm by danum »
personally I'd think after all the tragic recent events that he'd be even less like to leave his Sheffield roots ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 07, 2011, 01:32:53 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Spike\" post=197518
I've already been on there to tell them what two faced sods they are.  Maybe it should go around twitter as well

And lower ourselves to their standards, we`ve got more class than that surely!

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2011, 01:52:57 pm by prince »
£4million should cover it thanks, Jewelly.

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2011, 02:24:29 pm by kittyslass »
Quote from: \"danum\" post=197519
personally I'd think after all the tragic recent events that he'd be even less like to leave his Sheffield roots ?

I was thinking same thing myself!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2011, 04:17:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
If the club want to the wage bill from £8 million to £4 million we will have to allow the high wage earners to leave. Therefore Billy, Copps, O'Connor may be leaving before next summer. If a Championship team come in for him that looks like getting promotion or the play offs he will probably go. If we get the players we need between now and  January and start to progress up the league he may stay. Whatever he decides will be down to him, whether the club accept bids or not.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2011, 04:24:17 pm by graingrover »
Years ago we used to beg Alick Jefrey to stay with us ... now we say Billy Sharp deserves a bigger and better club . Billy and Alick were strong but our support is piss weak!

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 07, 2011, 04:51:27 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=197516
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=197513

Link

Bit distasteful really.

After what I saw on Football League Show, I thought it was a nice gesture, but when I looked on that link, I then thought what a complete disgrace the Ipswich fans are. :angry:

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 07, 2011, 05:00:17 pm by RUPRECHT »
forget about him leaving - I expect JR to do everything he can to keep him.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 07, 2011, 05:19:39 pm by ditch_drfc »
I know it's only banter, but wasn't it only last year away at Portman Road they were all chanting \"Billy Sharp, you're a w**ker, you're a w**ker\"?

In the last couple of years I've lost a lot of respect for that club. I thought they were a pretty decent club, with a generally pleasant set of fans. My eyes have subsequently been opened to just how arrogant the majority of them are.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 07, 2011, 05:23:13 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=197569
I know it's only banter, but wasn't it only last year away at Portman Road they were all chanting \"Billy Sharp, you're a w**ker, you're a w**ker\"?

In the last couple of years I've lost a lot of respect for that club. I thought they were a pretty decent club, with a generally pleasant set of fans. My eyes have subsequently been opened to just how arrogant the majority of them are.

They were in the Premiership you know! ;)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 07, 2011, 05:26:17 pm by ditch_drfc »
Hahahaa

TinyPortal © 2005-2012