Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:25:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton train  (Read 3017 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Charlton train
« on May 05, 2019, 10:07:49 am by Padge_DRFC »
Anyone already looked at this? Reckon 11pm back will be fine even if it goes to extra time? Went that year both games it flooded and reverse game but spent half the day stopping off at places and don't know how long the actual direct route takes

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Charlton train
« Reply #1 on May 05, 2019, 10:41:42 am by Chris Black come back »
Doubt you will make that easily with ET and penalties. Getting from Charlton to Kings Cross station is at least 45 mins.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 05, 2019, 10:48:07 am by Chris Black come back »
Bearing in mind there will potentially be thousands leaving at same time and maybe police kettling.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 05, 2019, 10:57:03 am by Donnywolf »
Yes - on the upside the last two trains are 23.00 and 23.33 so with a routine finish they should be ok

However with KO 19.45 any extra time would take the finish to 22.00 without any injuries or loads of added time - and with Penalties - forget it !    10.15 finish at the earliest in and in reality getting on for 10.30 - plus the 45 Minutes to LKX

Coaches anyone ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 05, 2019, 10:59:17 am by Chris Black come back »
LOADS of cheap fares still available on both those trains. For anyone with a DNA card they can get on the 2300hrs for ten quid so worth booking seats on that and 2333hrs just in case.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 05, 2019, 12:54:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Do I log in the dna thing first or do you do it on lner website direct?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 05, 2019, 02:33:25 pm by silent majority »
Do I log in the dna thing first or do you do it on lner website direct?

You need to go through the dna link.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 05, 2019, 02:43:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »
All done. Sadly last train sold out. Hopefully 5v0 up

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 05, 2019, 04:01:01 pm by johnny rovers »
Our group are going on the Friday and staying over in rotherhithe. Train tickets for £40 returning on Saturday. digs in a decent looking en suite hostel for £30

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 05, 2019, 06:14:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Surely our friends at LNER could put on a special?? Mallard, Flying Scotsman. Sir Nigel Gresley? We're all Donny aren't we?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 05, 2019, 06:19:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I just had a vision, dead vivid it was.

Rovers winning the League One play off final and steaming home from Wembley behind the Flying Scotsman. The players and McCann hold the trophy out of the window as it thunders through Peterborough! Make it happen! 😂
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:17:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 05, 2019, 06:23:04 pm by Darren »

Rovers winning the League One play off final and steaming home from Wembley behing the Flying Scotsman. The players and McCann hold the trophy out of the window as it thunders through Peterborough! Make it happen! 😂

Bloody hell Baz, i'll have some of that! RTID

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 05, 2019, 07:30:30 pm by Donnywolf »

Rovers winning the League One play off final and steaming home from Wembley behing the Flying Scotsman. The players and McCann hold the trophy out of the window as it thunders through Peterborough! Make it happen! 😂

.....instead of "thundering through" the Loco (built in Doncaster of course) could have a temporary fault and be stranded in Pboro Station for a short time. Maybe to coincide with our time in the Championship

Perhaps we could get B17 Doncaster Rovers to pay them a visit at the same time (built in Darlo but hey nowts perfect)

https://www.locos-in-profile.co.uk/Prints/LNER/Footballers/Pages/Doncaster_Rovers.html

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 05, 2019, 08:08:01 pm by elmsallrover »
Didn't they put a later train on for arsenal last season

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 06, 2019, 10:39:10 am by RobTheRover »

.....instead of "thundering through" the Loco (built in Doncaster of course) could have a temporary fault and be stranded in Pboro Station for a short time. Maybe to coincide with our time in the Championship

Perhaps we could get B17 Doncaster Rovers to pay them a visit at the same time (built in Darlo but hey nowts perfect)

https://www.locos-in-profile.co.uk/Prints/LNER/Footballers/Pages/Doncaster_Rovers.html

There's a lovely little pub/hotel bar right opposite the entrance to Peterboro Station too, so how convenient.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 06, 2019, 10:52:00 am by donnievic »
Our group are going on the Friday and staying over in rotherhithe. Train tickets for £40 returning on Saturday. digs in a decent looking en suite hostel for £30

Think I might go to this game and do similar as I've not been to Charlton for absolutely ages.

Megabus will work out very cheap - probably £15 in total. Bargain + two days in the capital and then I might be able to get somewhere else to a game on the Saturday, too.

Happy days!
we are thinking getting that down and already booked half 11 train back

BanksyDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 13, 2019, 04:29:46 pm by BanksyDRFC »
There is a thameslink direct to st pancras at 22.40 from Charlton should be fine for extra time and penelties

TinyPortal © 2005-2012