Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:50:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Teams or players that have stood out that would make good signings for next year  (Read 3033 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Not a potential signing but, Henderson from Rochdale. If he can get 20 goals for them, how many would be get in a top team.

I think he's nearly as old as copps now. Saying that he's probably one of our best players so if we stay in league 1 Henderson could be a good backup to Marquis
Henderson is not the same type of player as Marquis though. Someone like Eaves would give us a plan B 
I don’t think you could effectively play them together though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Made me think one thing we could do with is a bit more pace or directness for next  season wether in this league or championship
Think a lot of the Coventry players would be good liked there full backs a lot no3 stood out for me
Wonder with there problems off the field wether we could raid there better players?
Plus quite liked a few Burton players ,think they have a good starting 11?

Just hoping we can build on this team and have another good season with recruitment,  think full backs are a priority , then like I say a couple more creative quick / direct type  players ?

Just a distraction before the massive games ahead,

Thought Blair had a great second half
And just thought we look a lot better when he uses his pace more ,wether cutting inside or outside , wish he did it more often .
If we have learned anything from this season it should be that we’ll not second guess Grant McCann both on team selection or who's fit and who’s not he holds his cards close and when this season is finally over up or down only a handful of people will be in the loop as to what players are his targets. 

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Not a potential signing but, Henderson from Rochdale. If he can get 20 goals for them, how many would be get in a top team.

I think he's nearly as old as copps now. Saying that he's probably one of our best players so if we stay in league 1 Henderson could be a good backup to Marquis
Henderson is not the same type of player as Marquis though. Someone like Eaves would give us a plan B 
I don’t think you could effectively play them together though.

Not sure how many times it needs to be stated, but Tom Eaves is one of the best strikers in the league, we are not signing a player of that calibre to be a "Plan B". People need to get away from this 'big man on the bench' idea for a striker. We don't play in a style that could suit it. Finding someone who can do what Marquis does is a tough task.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Johnny Williams of Charlton has been by far the best outfield player I’ve seen this season. When Charlton went 2/1 up at our place, Bowyer inexplicably took him off and put a right winger on.
Give him the freedom he had at our place and we will have problems.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012