Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:29:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Louis Reed  (Read 3029 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Louis Reed
« Reply #30 on August 06, 2021, 09:27:03 pm by RobTheRover »
To me, he was technically neat and tidy but lightweight and not able to influence a game enough.

Clearly not the midfielder we were after, so good luck to him at Swindon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 06, 2021, 09:36:59 pm by MachoMadness »
According to the DFP it was wellens choice to let him go.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 06, 2021, 09:47:03 pm by ravenrover »
Complete lack of pace in the Blades game, but did play well going forward against Toon. Certainly not the midfielder RW was looking for

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 06, 2021, 09:51:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I suppose it's telling Posh let him go clearly they didn't think he was up to the division above (unless he turned them down that is)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 06, 2021, 09:53:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Louis Reed not the right player for us imo and RW obviously thought the same.
Good luck to him at Swindon.
Think Gardener is a decent player with more physicality. Don’t see him as a holding midfielder though so will Richie still be looking for another player for that role or is Bostock going to be the man when he gets match fit?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 06, 2021, 09:55:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
You are right but this what was said
It became clear that Rovers would not be able to offer him an acceptable deal before the start of the season, and on being informed that was the case, Reed explored other options, leading him to the County Ground.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 06, 2021, 10:03:39 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Glad we didn't just get him match fit for a rival league 1 club. Decent signing for Swindon he'll be a top player in that division

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 06, 2021, 10:34:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
And I was all ready to post ‘oh what a perfect day’ when we signed him  :(  :coat:
quote from his last conversation with Wellens "you just keep me hanging on " to sign for you I'm off to brassic Swindon

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 06, 2021, 10:38:33 pm by danumdon »
I think for a club running on as tight a budget as we are he was excess to requirements, neat and tidy enough but not enough bite and physicality for me to play that position in this league. The fact that RW has players like Greaves and Husani on the books who could be pressed into that position meant he was surplus to RW's longer term plan.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 06, 2021, 10:41:31 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Louis Reed not the right player for us imo and RW obviously thought the same.
Good luck to him at Swindon.
Think Gardener is a decent player with more physicality. Don’t see him as a holding midfielder though so will Richie still be looking for another player for that role or is Bostock going to be the man when he gets match fit?

Bostock is no way a holding midfielder, nor athletic enough, not defensively consistent enough and slows the play down. If anything he needs to be further forward. Hence the level of assists whilst playing consistently abroad.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 06, 2021, 10:42:25 pm by MachoMadness »
You are right but this what was said
It became clear that Rovers would not be able to offer him an acceptable deal before the start of the season, and on being informed that was the case, Reed explored other options, leading him to the County Ground.

If money was no object we might've decided he was a luxury we could afford. But equally if money was no object we'd probably be looking for better anyway.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 06, 2021, 10:55:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
RW has made it perfectly clear what sort of central midfielder he was after and it wasn’t Reed. Let’s wait and see who the midfield loan player is, who is due in next week.

We then may be able to form an opinion about what Reed is/was. He wasn’t the physically imposing player that RW was after and he had to be someone who broke up play (something Reed found very difficult against SheffU). Good luck to him, but perhaps it’s a pointer to note that he’s dropped down to L2.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012