Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:51:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Harrogate Town game  (Read 3027 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Harrogate Town game
« Reply #30 on March 07, 2023, 09:34:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
f**king hell this is a bad result.

Nevermind the result, this is as bad a performance as we've had in recent years. We are playing a side that has won 11 points out of the past 42 before tonight and they have been better than us in every single position.
Yet the players like him and his methods according Anderson got forbid if they weren’t playing for the manager

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 07, 2023, 09:35:02 pm by Pside »
This is a new low even for this season. This is a truly pathetic performance. Whoever still have faith in this fraud seriously needs their head looking at. We have no style, no passion, no desire. I’m beyond fed up

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 07, 2023, 09:37:50 pm by MachoMadness »
Whatever system you play with this bunch you are going to see the same thing. They are just bad footballers.

Relegation scrap beckons next season. Calling it now.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 07, 2023, 09:40:22 pm by selby »
  Well we are good at one thing, we are the best at getting teams back on track when they are having a bad time of it.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 07, 2023, 09:44:46 pm by goalkick »
That was poor. All time low. Harrogate looked like the home side. Scofield seems to have no idea and am finding it difficult to want to watch this rubbish :thumbdown:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 07, 2023, 09:45:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Whatever system you play with this bunch you are going to see the same thing. They are just bad footballers.

This.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 07, 2023, 09:48:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
Paging those people still saying as recently as last week that play offs were still possible.

We haven’t been in play offs aside from one weekend in August. This is a group of players that haven’t demonstrated any ability all season for getting up there and staying the pace.

Penny also for the thoughts of those saying Miller was good value to be top scorer in League Two.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 07, 2023, 09:50:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Paging those people still saying as recently as last week that play offs were still possible.

We haven’t been in play offs aside from one weekend in August. This is a group of players that haven’t demonstrated any ability all season for getting up there and staying the pace.

Penny also for the thoughts of those saying Miller was good value to be top scorer in League Two.

Yep hands up. That was me.

Miller, not the playoffs. Even I am not that clueless.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 07, 2023, 10:03:11 pm by Lesonthewest »

This.

Totally agree, big changes needed from the top down, we will go down next season with things as they are. The signs are there & I'm not sure we can halt the slide. That tonight was totally & utterly unacceptable both from the management & players.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 07, 2023, 10:20:00 pm by since-1969 »
Clueless , devoid of any tactics , punching above their League status !!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 07, 2023, 10:22:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

This.

To clarify, I don't expect us to be relegation fight material next year.

After that first six games we have won 33 points from 28 games. That's likely to be 17-18th place form most seasons and well clear of the bottom 2.

But we are absolute country miles away from being top end material.

Tonight was a performance that's been coming for weeks. Painfully slow. No aggression in the press. No composure against the press. Very little fight to win second balls. No dynamism whatsoever in the box. And a defence that reverted to normal when pressurised.

We've just been totally out fought by one of the worst sides in the 4th division.

It's not the manager at core to blame here, though he certainly ain't helping. It's the squad we have ended up with after the worst couple of years of recruitment since we were signing fat f**kers from the Manchester Sunday League.

3 years to turn this round unless we have some absolutely inspired signings this summer.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 07, 2023, 10:50:45 pm by Campsall rover »

No I disagree. These players are no where near as bad as that performance tonight. 
The system they are playing does not work. We don’t have the personnel to play it, though DS is the only person who can’t see it.
This is the coach that’s at fault not the players imo. He sets the team up and decides on the way he wants the team to play.
He is either totally incompetent at understanding what’s obvious or he is a complete idiot. Maybe both.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 08, 2023, 10:07:16 am by i_ateallthepies »
No, Campsall, NO!  These players can't pass, can't tackle, can't even throw-in to their team mates.  There are perhaps five or six who are good enough for Lg2 but with so many others around them not nearly good enough the whole is less than the sum of the parts.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 08, 2023, 11:25:50 am by normal rules »
I’ve not seen the post match interview yet from DS. I’ve seen Tommys. Is there one ?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 30, 2023, 06:45:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
They were very lucky last season they got a "Diamond geezer" Striker on loan from Sunderland - this season Mr Diamond is on loan at Lincoln doing very well.
Earlier in the season they had an infestation Of Huddersfield loanees - I am sure without the time to check that they have more thab the maximum loanees allowed to start on the team sheet.

As I have said plenty of times already on here the Carlisle center hald cooly passed the ball into his own net in the 81st minute to give the "Smelly" Sulphurites an unlikely win.  Basically that win Stinks !!!!   They even play away in Sulpur yellow shirts !!

That "gift win " was their only win in their last six

their laughable winner is always worth a re-watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8m5w6VcvL4

Again  this season they have got one decent loanee striker can't remember his name

So expect a Battle of the Alamo match as they try to hold on to the point they start with.

Jack Diamond was indeed a very good player, would love to see him at Rovers.

They had 3 players on loan from Huddersfield at the start of the season. Josh Austerfield and Jaheim Headley have both gone back, and winger Matt Daly who is just returning after being injured for a couple of months.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12845726/jack-diamond-sunderland-player-charged-with-rape-and-sexual-assault-northumbria-police-confirm

TinyPortal © 2005-2012