Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:45:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: OS asking HELP MAKE THE PROGRAMME BETTER  (Read 3040 times)

DonnyBazza

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Re:OS asking HELP MAKE THE PROGRAMME BETTER
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2010, 09:34:25 am by roverstillidie91 »
dropping the ridiculous price from 3 pound would be a good start seeming though it has about 1/4 of the programme full of advertisements.

DonnyBazza

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2010, 09:46:55 am by DonnyBazza »
Personally I don't mind paying £3.00 but your right there are lots of ads in it. Then again most programs / papers etc make money through ads tale a look at the doncaster advertiser if you ever get it 85 % ads and part stories with Full Story in this weeks free press.....

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2010, 11:22:48 am by donnyplant »
Maybe thye should have some publishing agency who can produce decent adverts!

It always make me laugh when i read the advert for the club shop!

It has the title, \"Always in Stock!\"

The has a background picture of john spicer??? Surely they should have Brian Stock in the background!?!

Smeg

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2010, 01:04:57 pm by Smeg »
The club's decision to sever ties with Mike Harker et al is still haunting them it seems. You reap what you sow in this case.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2010, 02:16:17 pm by MrFrost »
The programme was much better when the VSC were involved. This season's have been riddled with errors and as a result i've stopped buying them.
Can the VSC not get involved again?

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2010, 02:32:55 pm by Townender »
Without adds we would pay about £5 for it.

Mike H

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2010, 03:18:39 pm by Mike H »
Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys!

I've resisted the temptation to comment on such matters for nearly two seasons, but it's been rather amusing/interesting to read the various comments over time on opinons on what the club have done with the programme since July 2008.

Let's say it was their decision to 'sever links' so to speak, and certainly not mine.

At least by the opinions voiced by the fans since makes me realise that I did know what I was doing, and that all the thought that was put into the planning was worthwhile.

For all the kind words that have been offered over the six and a half years that we produced the programme, and for the inferred kind words since (by way of people saying it was better before the club dispensed with our services), I sincerely thank everyone.

Sif

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 07, 2010, 08:41:11 pm by Sif »
They asked this question on the O/S lat year & then pulled the article within a matter of hours when they were unhappy with the responses. It's been done to death on here over the past couple of seasons.

If i thought id would make one iota of difference i'd give my opinion, but as i don't buy the programme anymore i couldn't give a f**k.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 07, 2010, 08:48:07 pm by RTID75 »
Get rid of the inane front cover picture tag lines - such as the recent 'Ben Smith - Shot stopper on standby' - awful. Get someone to read through the bloody thing before it goes to print - spelling/grammar etc... have been very poor of late. Give it back to Mike (if he'd have it back!). Can't think of much more really!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 07, 2010, 09:10:15 pm by MrFrost »
The fixtures and results page was better how it ised to be set out, like on Mike's site now, along with the away attendances.
I did suggest this last season and got a response saying the new designers can't work with that design and that the club couldn't obtain away attendance figures from other clubs. Very strange seeing as most other clubs manage it.

The articles are very poor with many mistakes and the design and layout is very ammetuerish aswell.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 07, 2010, 10:25:48 pm by BobG »
Yep. The only decent consistently programme in living memory was that produced by Mike, Red Baron and friends. I was appalled two years ago and I'm still appalled now. I haven't bought one since. From the comments above, I'm glad I kept my money in my pocket.

Cheers

BobG

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2010, 11:53:51 pm by Viking Don »
Just a thought, but they could try selling it inside the ground. I know old Belle Vue Tannoy Man does his rounds and manages to sell a few to folk in the disabled seats, and they also reserve about five copies in the SE corner concourse, but it's nowhere near in-yer-face enough. The fact is they don't have enough in the stadium, and no fcuker is going to go to the club shop to buy one AFTER the game!

Get the same folk who sell half time draw tickets selling programs inside the stadium. They're usually far better looking, and also (conveniently) have far bigger gobs.

I hardly ever see anyone selling programs - now I may be blind, but I f**king well see far too many of them at away games. Strange eh.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2010, 07:34:03 am by DaveDRFC »
I have also stopped buying them, I generally only used to buy them for collection purposes and very rarely read what was in them anyway, so I came to the conclusion it was an expensive hobby I can do without. £3 at every game adds up to a fair bit, this season I will have been to 38 games so that's £114 towards next year's season ticket!

VikingJames

« Reply #14 on April 08, 2010, 03:01:01 pm by VikingJames »
DaveDRFC wrote:
I have also stopped buying them, I generally only used to buy them for collection purposes and very rarely read what was in them anyway, so I came to the conclusion it was an expensive hobby I can do without. £3 at every game adds up to a fair bit, this season I will have been to 38 games so that's £114 towards next year's season ticket!

I stopped buying them for exactly the same reason.

I still buy them at away games as there is something different about each one, but buying the Rovers ones is a bit of a waste of time for me as they are all pretty much filled with the same stuff that I wouldn't take the time to read anyway, and as DaveDRFC says, it's quite expensive when added up over a season.

Mike H

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 12, 2010, 05:07:28 pm by Mike H »
RTID75 - Would I have the programme back?

Of course I would, although it would depend on whether I was given the right circumstances to do so!

And yes, I agree about the inane tags on the cover - I've always hated them!
On magazine covers, where there is a decent mix of articles to feature, they work, but not on football programmes.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2010, 05:17:06 pm by River Don »
Mike H wrote:
Would I have it back?

Of course I would, although it would depend on whether I was given the right circumstances to do so.

And yes, I agree about the inane tags on the cover - I've always hated them!
On magazine covers, where there is a decent mix of articles to feature, they work, but not on football programmes.

In response to their request for a new title I came up with \"The Doncaster Rovers Match Day Programme\" because it's the programme for Doncaster Rovers and it's available on a match day. It's not a football magazine, it isn't competing with other magazines it doesn't matter what it's called, people who want a programme will buy it.

I also said it needs more real content. They could just get you involved again Mike but somehow I doubt it'll happen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012