Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:13:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 913271 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #9210 on January 05, 2021, 02:03:25 pm by Axholme Lion »
Freedom of speech and information is dead.
Talk Radio have had their YouTube channel pulled down.

Many of you won't agree with the content of the show but it's worrying times when anyone challenging the narrative has the rug pulled from underneath them.

There is no free speech anymore unless you worship the alter of the great god covid. No alternative thoughts other than the approved narrative isallowed. I hope all the lockdown fanatics are happy now that even more people will lose their jobs and businesses. Is it just a coincidence that most of them probably have cushy numbers as public employees raking in the covid overtime, sorry I forgot we're all in it together...
You still working AL?

Yes. Been back since May. I'm hacked off with it all TBH. I'm working alone in the department as my colleague has been furloughed for months. I know i'm lucky to still be in a job and many would jump to take my place, however I haven't had a single days holiday last year, no dinner or break since March, no OT and hardly a penny of bonus and I've never worked as hard or as long for not much more than a basic wage. I know I go off on one on here sometimes but where else can I let off steam?
It really annoys me when all I hear on radio phone ins is teachers and NHS staff banging on about how hard their life is. No one mentions the millions of private sector people who have and still are working all the way through this.
Rant over. :)

Your lucky, I do 2 shifts a week, I’m living off that a small pension and my savings

Which is why lockdowns are wrong. People on benefits don't notice the difference. Public employees are coining in the OT. The people at the top are making millions and it's the Mr and Mrs Average struggling along taking the brunt. Why are the government hiding the stats that show how many will die as a result of lockdown and it's effects of the hardship, poverty and health effects to ordinary working people? Why is no one answering this question?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #9211 on January 05, 2021, 03:14:01 pm by EasyforDennis »

Many of you won't agree with the content of the show but it's worrying times when anyone challenging the narrative has the rug pulled from underneath them.

There is no free speech anymore unless you worship the alter of the great god covid. No alternative thoughts other than the approved narrative isallowed. I hope all the lockdown fanatics are happy now that even more people will lose their jobs and businesses. Is it just a coincidence that most of them probably have cushy numbers as public employees raking in the covid overtime, sorry I forgot we're all in it together...
You still working AL?

Yes. Been back since May. I'm hacked off with it all TBH. I'm working alone in the department as my colleague has been furloughed for months. I know i'm lucky to still be in a job and many would jump to take my place, however I haven't had a single days holiday last year, no dinner or break since March, no OT and hardly a penny of bonus and I've never worked as hard or as long for not much more than a basic wage. I know I go off on one on here sometimes but where else can I let off steam?
It really annoys me when all I hear on radio phone ins is teachers and NHS staff banging on about how hard their life is. No one mentions the millions of private sector people who have and still are working all the way through this.

Your lucky, I do 2 shifts a week, I’m living off that a small pension and my savings

Which is why lockdowns are wrong. People on benefits don't notice the difference. Public employees are coining in the OT. The people at the top are making millions and it's the Mr and Mrs Average struggling along taking the brunt. Why are the government hiding the stats that show how many will die as a result of lockdown and it's effects of the hardship, poverty and health effects to ordinary working people? Why is no one answering this question?

It's not lockdown that's wrong. Maybe it's the fact that the government are not looking after Mr & Mrs Average that is wrong?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #9213 on January 05, 2021, 03:29:56 pm by rich1471 »

You still working AL?

It's not lockdown that's wrong. Maybe it's the fact that the government are not looking after Mr & Mrs Average that is wrong?
what would you recommend the government do to look after Mr & Mrs Average and who would you say they are.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #9214 on January 05, 2021, 03:44:55 pm by redarmy82 »

You still working AL?

what would you recommend the government do to look after Mr & Mrs Average and who would you say they are.

How about starting by properly looking after people who have lost their job through no fault of their own and expected to now pay their rent/mortgage/bills, feed their family on the pittance of Universal Credit?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9215 on January 05, 2021, 03:47:37 pm by Axholme Lion »
If the over forties working population want to be vaccinated then they should be first. Under forty most likely covid won't do them much harm. Let's get people working and earning money and paying taxes. For the greater good of the nation I fail to see the benefit of vaccinating 90 year olds first. Let's get things moving again first.
As for Mr and Mrs Average they are like most of us here, normal people on low to middle incomes who have to bear the burden of everything this nation pays for. The people working in factories, garages, shops and the like.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9216 on January 05, 2021, 03:49:39 pm by Axholme Lion »

You still working AL?

How about starting by properly looking after people who have lost their job through no fault of their own and expected to now pay their rent/mortgage/bills, feed their family on the pittance of Universal Credit?

All victims of the covid lockdown death cult. None of the politicians and do gooders seem too bothered about them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9217 on January 05, 2021, 03:56:37 pm by Filo »

You still working AL?

They could try to help the self employed, a lot have had nothing at all because they run from home

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9218 on January 05, 2021, 03:58:24 pm by ravenrover »

You still working AL?

No breaks? I should think not the amount of time you spend on here at work  :whistle: :)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #9219 on January 05, 2021, 04:12:36 pm by rich1471 »
Filo an honest question as I don't know  , with you been self employed do you not get 80% of the last 3 year's earnings on average per month , or how does it work for the self employed like yourself   , they must be some sort of financial help it cannot just be nothing 

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9220 on January 05, 2021, 04:17:37 pm by Axholme Lion »

You still working AL?

No breaks? I should think not the amount of time you spend on here at work  :whistle: :)

Ha ha ha  :lol: :lol: :lol: You know what I mean. I get the odd five minutes here and there. I've decided to cut out the middle man and start to pour cold water on my teabags to save the hassle of waiting for it to go cold.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9221 on January 05, 2021, 04:23:13 pm by sha66y »

Access via the radio is still on, thank god ( no such thing as god bytheway)

And for anyone not to agree with the content just indicates how easily lead our nation of sheep have become....

talk radio asks all the questions that any sane person would want asked, and argues the case if the answer is clearly a lie.....

now what kind of easily manipulated brainwashed person doesn’t want to hear the truth..??

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9222 on January 05, 2021, 04:27:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1320230/coronavirus-shock-lockdown-death-toll-lockdown-restrictions-coronavirus-study

That report is utter claptrap. An utter disgrace of a report by a rag of a "newspaper"

The figures they are reporting are based on the ONS data of excess deaths. There were 16,000 excess deaths up to May that didn't have COVID on the death certificate. And the Express is concluding from that 1) that those deaths were caused by something else and 2) that the "something else" was a s a direct result of lockdown.

Neither of those conclusions stands up to any scrutiny. The excess deaths without COVID on the death certificate occurred at EXACTLY the same time as the first wave COVID deaths. They were confined pretty much exactly to the period from late March to late April. But the lockdown went on for another two months after that. and there were zero excess deaths in that time. So how on earth could it be lockdown that was resulting in excess deaths?

It's now generally assumed that there was no spike of extra, non-COVID deaths in April. What almost certainly happened was that people died of COVID without ever getting tested because there was so little testing capacity. So those 16,000 extra deaths that Express trumpets were very likely people who did actually die of COVID, at home or in care homes, having never been diagnosed.

The shit rag, the Express is a f**king disgrace to the country. It thrives on pouring out misinformation to wind people up. It pollutes people's minds and the public debate on any issue it touches.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9223 on January 05, 2021, 04:28:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Access via the radio is still on, thank god ( no such thing as god bytheway)

And for anyone not to agree with the content just indicates how easily lead our nation of sheep have become....

talk radio asks all the questions that any sane person would want asked, and argues the case if the answer is clearly a lie.....

now what kind of easily manipulated brainwashed person doesn’t want to hear the truth..??

And the people who finance it have no political aims to further, eh?

The fact that its current affairs coverage pretty much all comes from a far-right position is...what? Just a coincidence?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9224 on January 05, 2021, 04:28:45 pm by Filo »
Filo an honest question as I don't know  , with you been self employed do you not get 80% of the last 3 year's earnings on average per month , or how does it work for the self employed like yourself   , they must be some sort of financial help it cannot just be nothing 

I’m not self employed, my boss is and because he runs from home and doesn’t pay business rates he’s had nothing, us employees had furlough for a bit, came off it when pubs were allowed to open, but after that its been a nightmare getting it back. He either closes the business becausehe hasn’t the funds to pay us furlough money or we as employees help by trying to muddle through the best we can

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9225 on January 05, 2021, 04:38:54 pm by Axholme Lion »
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1320230/coronavirus-shock-lockdown-death-toll-lockdown-restrictions-coronavirus-study

That report is utter claptrap. An utter disgrace of a report by a rag of a "newspaper"

The figures they are reporting are based on the ONS data of excess deaths. There were 16,000 excess deaths up to May that didn't have COVID on the death certificate. And the Express is concluding from that 1) that those deaths were caused by something else and 2) that the "something else" was a s a direct result of lockdown.

Neither of those conclusions stands up to any scrutiny. The excess deaths without COVID on the death certificate occurred at EXACTLY the same time as the first wave COVID deaths. They were confined pretty much exactly to the period from late March to late April. But the lockdown went on for another two months after that. and there were zero excess deaths in that time. So how on earth could it be lockdown that was resulting in excess deaths?

It's now generally assumed that there was no spike of extra, non-COVID deaths in April. What almost certainly happened was that people died of COVID without ever getting tested because there was so little testing capacity. So those 16,000 extra deaths that Express trumpets were very likely people who did actually die of COVID, at home or in care homes, having never been diagnosed.

The shit rag, the Express is a f**king disgrace to the country. It thrives on pouring out misinformation to wind people up. It pollutes people's minds and the public debate on any issue it touches.

So you don't agree that Lockdowns kill people?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9226 on January 05, 2021, 04:40:09 pm by River Don »
Both my partner and my sister have lost their jobs because of the pandemic. Both have been unable to find work because of the pandemic. Both have had Jobseeker's Allowance that has run out and both no longer receive any benefit but they can't find work because of the pandemic.

The lockdowns take no account of them. It actually hinders them both in their search for work.

But not locking down isn't the answer. What's needed is for government to recognise the hardships people face, through no fault of their own and offer more support. Because it's a pandemic that means life no longer goes on as normal and people are falling through the cracks in the system.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9227 on January 05, 2021, 05:10:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Of course some people die and have their health affected by lockdowns.

But look at the alternative last March.

Until the lockdown, cases were doubling every 4 days. Deaths doubled at the same rate. On 14 March, we had 27 deaths. On 5 April, that had increased to 918. A 34 fold increase in 22 days.

It is estimated that about 4% of the population was infected by the time the lockdown was introduced. We need 60-70% to be infected before the virus fades away. So we'd expect the total number of people infected to have doubled another 4 times before the virus faded away. And hence, the number dying a few weeks later also to double 4 times. That means you would have been having maybe 15-16,000 people a day dying of COVID by mid April if we hadn't locked down in March. It would have been something like the number of all the so-called "lockdown caused" deaths that the Express shouts about. Not spread out over 6 weeks. Every day. For a fortnight or so.

Like I've said before, people like you have been insulated from having to face the consequences of what would have happened if we'd done what you want. You moan about the problems that lockdowns cause, but you haven't the faintest idea of what the country would have been like if we hadn't had the lockdowns. It would have been utter carnage.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9228 on January 05, 2021, 05:48:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Hmmm finances. I'm still struggling 6 days in so off work. That's costing me a huge amount of money as my company does not pay sick pay above ssp. It is what it is and why I have savings but it's not ideal.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9229 on January 05, 2021, 05:51:42 pm by River Don »
BFYP

I think a lot of people will be burning through savings at the moment, we certainly are.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9230 on January 05, 2021, 06:00:19 pm by wilts rover »

Nope. Viruses, illness, disease and overloaded health systems kill people.

Eradicate the virus and less people will die.

No country that has not had a a lockdown has coped well, Sweden, USA, Brazil all had their health services overloaded.

Several countries that had an initial hard lockdown and an effective test and trace system are now fully open and were partying at New Year.

Lockdowns don't kill people. Incompetent politicianss and dangerous messages from the MSM (Daily Express) do.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9231 on January 05, 2021, 07:24:07 pm by selby »
In your opinion that is anti tory government, or any government that isn't led by a Labour PM.  mostly like your leader opinions gathered in hindsight still based on projections.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9232 on January 05, 2021, 07:34:44 pm by Nudga »
Did Whitty just let it slip that restrictions to go on all year?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #9233 on January 05, 2021, 07:45:03 pm by redarmy82 »

I'd be surprised if they didn't.

If you think the vaccine is going to be a silver bullet and we go back to normal, people are in for a shock.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9234 on January 05, 2021, 07:55:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Of course they will in some form.

We need to vaccinate 50 million people with two doses to get the whole population covered. We might get 2 million doses a week if we do very well. Do the numbers.

Once the most vulnerable are vaccinated, the restrictions can get easier but they won't be totally dropped until enough of the whole population has been done.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9235 on January 05, 2021, 07:59:58 pm by Nudga »
If Tony Blair is hawking that shite out, I ain't buying it

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9236 on January 05, 2021, 08:30:03 pm by no eyed deer »

We need to vaccinate 50 million people with two doses to get the whole population covered. We might get 2 million doses a week if we do very well. Do the numbers.

Once the most vulnerable are vaccinated, the restrictions can get easier but they won't be totally dropped until enough of the whole population has been done.

BST - do you really think the government will vaccinate 50m ?

I suppose you think HS 2 will go beyond Birmingham?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9237 on January 05, 2021, 08:32:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What I don't get is people who say.

I don't want lockdown
I don't want to wear masks.
I don't want to do social distancing.
Oh aye, and I won't take a vaccine either.

Then complain about being put out by the virus.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9238 on January 05, 2021, 08:33:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BST - do you really think the government will vaccinate 50m ?

I suppose you think HS 2 will go beyond Birmingham?

Two choices.

1) We do and we start to get back to normal from Summer onwards.

2) We don't and this f**ker grinds on.

I assume that everyone who refuses to be vaccinated will now belt up and stop complaining about being inconvenienced by lockdowns.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9239 on January 05, 2021, 08:54:33 pm by Nudga »
Well my oldest teenage boys mental health deteriorated in lockdown so yes, a bit of an inconvenience.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012