Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:31:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Vaccine passport  (Read 7233 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Vaccine passport
« Reply #90 on November 02, 2021, 10:45:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It IS your decision CFH.

Unfortunately, it's not the decision of the 1200 people a week that your decisions are killing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 02, 2021, 11:03:35 pm by Nudga »
Hyperbolic bollicks. All around me, vaxxed family and friends are getting a bit poorly from covid but my unvaxxed friends haven't had a day off sick.
And this isn't a "conspiracy", it's just what's happening in my little corner of clown world.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on November 03, 2021, 12:55:52 am by SydneyRover »
Evidence has shown in Victoria that familial contact is/was the main reason for the spread of the virus in a largely unvaccinated population beyond the initial outbreaks form returning travellers and escape of the virus from hotel quarantine.

'Get the virus and take it home to your loved ones has been the message'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53259356

BBC 3 July 2020

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 03, 2021, 09:58:12 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Who takes any notice of Australia? A country run by nutters.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on November 03, 2021, 10:21:09 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It IS your decision CFH.

Unfortunately, it's not the decision of the 1200 people a week that your decisions are killing.

That's fine then. Couldn't care less if 1200 people a week were dying. Even if it were me. We all have the right to live our lives as we see fit within the law. Pretty simple to understand. Anything else is a dictatorship.

Fortunately i don't get upset by someone accusing me of killing people, even if is a load of codswallop. Because i hate people in general.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on November 03, 2021, 10:23:07 am by SydneyRover »

Self seeking and similar to the current uk govt' in lots of ways, but stupid, not.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 03, 2021, 10:24:29 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Self seeking and similar to the current uk govt' in lots of ways, but stupid, not.

Yeah. They are very clever at manipulating folk and brutalizing those who refuse to be manipulated.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 03, 2021, 10:24:38 am by SydneyRover »
It IS your decision CFH.

That's fine then. Couldn't care less if 1200 people a week were dying. Even if it were me. We all have the right to live our lives as we see fit within the law. Pretty simple to understand. Anything else is a dictatorship.

Fortunately i don't get upset by someone accusing me of killing people, even if is a load of codswallop. Because i hate people in general.

A sort of rebel without a clue?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on November 03, 2021, 10:43:35 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It IS your decision CFH.

A sort of rebel without a clue?

No. I just accept that i am not responsible for others. I do what i like and they do what they like. It is called freedom.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on November 03, 2021, 10:46:42 am by SydneyRover »
You are probably not expecting one, but it's very difficult to have a conversation with someone opposed to the accepted norms and expectations of the greater majority.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 03, 2021, 12:33:26 pm by Ldr »
You are probably not expecting one, but it's very difficult to have a conversation with someone opposed to the accepted norms and expectations of the greater majority.

Before the 1800s it’s was the accepted norm and expectation of the greater majority that slavery was acceptable, before the 1900s it was accepted that women shouldn’t vote, before the 60s (50s?) it was accepted that homosexuality was punishable under the law. Don’t use the expectation of the majority as your bellwether (or if you do then stop whinging about brexit lol)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on November 03, 2021, 12:45:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CDH
I assume you believe that an individual's right to act freely is constrained by their responsibilities to consider the effects they have on other people?

For example:  Do you think you should have the right to walk down the street firing a gun in random directions? Or to drive at 80mph past a primary school at turning out time?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on November 03, 2021, 12:52:35 pm by Ldr »
CDH
I assume you believe that an individual's right to act freely is constrained by their responsibilities to consider the effects they have on other people?

For example:  Do you think you should have the right to walk down the street firing a gun in random directions? Or to drive at 80mph past a primary school at turning out time?

“As we see fit within the law” yet you quote 2 examples that are clearly illegal

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on November 03, 2021, 01:10:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Accepted. I was actually interested if CDH's reasoning for not doing such obviously dangerous things is ONLY because they are illegal, but let's let it pass.

Assume the speed limit outside a primary school is 30mph. Do you have the unfettered right to drive at 30mph on that road at chucking out time?

Or, let's assume there's a lovely summer day and people are out in their back gardens. Do you have the unfettered right to light up a bonfire, or to have a truck load of horse manure spread over your garden?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on November 03, 2021, 01:15:52 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Ok let me put it this way.

I couldn't give a shit who i pass Covid onto. They've had the option of a vaccine and therefore it is of no responsibility of mine.

Get it yet?

It is a good job i'm an anti social f**ker and actively avoid people anyway then isn't it?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 01:21:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 03, 2021, 01:45:01 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I couldn't give a shit who i pass Covid onto. They've had the option of a vaccine and therefore it is of no responsibility of mine.

Get it yet?

It is a good job i'm an anti social f**ker and actively avoid people anyway then isn't it?

What’s an anti social f** ker doing ‘contributing’ to a social forum?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on November 03, 2021, 02:32:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Get it yet?

What’s an anti social f** ker doing ‘contributing’ to a social forum?

:lol: ;)

No idea Col. I don't use any other forms of social media if that helps? Full of vacuous bullshit and selfies of 20 year old 'influencers' that look like porcelain dolls with no brains.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 03, 2021, 03:13:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Get it yet?

I've had the vaccine. I'm in one of the top 9 vulnerable groups. I had two doses of the AZ version. Last one was 5 and a half months ago. I'm not eligible for a booster for another 3 weeks. It is well established that the efficacy of the AZ vaccine drops off rapidly after five months. And when I do get a booster, it will take several weeks for it to get up to full effect. So for the next 6 weeks, my vulnerability is greatly increased.

If I catch the virus because of selfish, ignorant, anti-social t**ts choosing not to take the simplest of precautions, that's MY fault is it?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on November 03, 2021, 03:18:29 pm by Ldr »
No, but neither is it theirs. They have no responsibility to you (and you don’t for them). If you are in the situation you say you are in you will either choose to do everything you can to minimise your risk exposure or you won’t, that’s your choice. You simply cannot expect others to put you first

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on November 03, 2021, 03:22:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We have fundamentally different concepts of the responsibility of the individual to society then Ldr.

I am genuinely shocked at how many millions of our fellow citizens are ignorantly, or knowingly CHOOSING not to do something like wear masks, which is next to zero inconvenience to them, but which could save hundreds of lives. To me, it's precisely the same as if people knew the police were not going to enforce the speed limit, and a section of the population chose to drive at 20mph over the limit regardless of conditions.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on November 03, 2021, 03:24:43 pm by Ldr »
I’d say that 1st sentence sums it up nicely.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on November 03, 2021, 03:31:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What you are saying Ldr, is that it is MY responsibility to assess and minimise MY risk, and the rest of society has no responsibility to change their own behaviour in even the most minimal way, in order to play their part in minimising everyone's risk.

Phew. Lovely world you live in there...

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on November 03, 2021, 03:32:19 pm by Ldr »
Yes precisely

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on November 03, 2021, 03:37:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So, back to my earlier point, you reckon it's OK to drive at 30mph past a primary school at chucking out time.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on November 03, 2021, 03:40:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
No, but neither is it theirs. They have no responsibility to you (and you don’t for them). If you are in the situation you say you are in you will either choose to do everything you can to minimise your risk exposure or you won’t, that’s your choice. You simply cannot expect others to put you first

My God. Another person with a rational mind. I've actually found one throughout this forest of self righteous nutjobs. Thanks LDR.

Agree with this 100% bang on the money.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on November 03, 2021, 03:40:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
We have fundamentally different concepts of the responsibility of the individual to society then Ldr.

I am genuinely shocked at how many millions of our fellow citizens are ignorantly, or knowingly CHOOSING not to do something like wear masks, which is next to zero inconvenience to them, but which could save hundreds of lives. To me, it's precisely the same as if people knew the police were not going to enforce the speed limit, and a section of the population chose to drive at 20mph over the limit regardless of conditions.

They aren't wearing mask because they don't want to. I don't see how difficult that is to understand.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on November 03, 2021, 03:41:05 pm by Ldr »
Hard one to answer, Legally you have the right but the law (and Highway Code) also requires that you drive taking into account hazards so it may not be prudent to do drive at that speed. That’s law though, personal responsibility is different and I think you are having difficulties with your examples

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on November 03, 2021, 04:14:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm having difficulty with the issue that your approach appears to be that I must severely limit my own freedoms because of others choosing to enforce theirs.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on November 03, 2021, 04:25:00 pm by Ldr »
Whereas you seem to be pushing it to be the other way around

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on November 03, 2021, 04:36:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If you consider wearing a mask to be a severe curtailment of someone's freedom, I guess I am.

Difference is, what I'm suggesting will lead to fewer people dying. What you are suggesting will lead to more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012