Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:56:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When a Government...  (Read 22215 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
When a Government...
« on September 03, 2023, 02:34:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...runs out of ideas about how to manage the big things, they start lashing out at irrelevant fluff.

Anyone over 40 might remember John Major putting on his serious face and announcing the Cones Hotline.

Here's Sunak walking in the same footsteps.

https://twitter.com/SophiaSleigh/status/1698057255411704074

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: When a Government...
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2023, 03:04:49 pm by drfchound »
...runs out of ideas about how to manage the big things, they start lashing out at irrelevant fluff.

Anyone over 40 might remember John Major putting on his serious face and announcing the Cones Hotline.

Is that the same Sophia Sleigh who writes for The Sun then?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2023, 03:36:33 pm by wilts rover »

Is that the same Sophia Sleigh who writes for The Sun then?

Given the link takes you to a story in The Sc*m then I am going for a yes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 03, 2023, 03:41:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've no idea what that has to do with anything. Unless Hound thinks the journalist is making it up.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 03, 2023, 04:14:03 pm by drfchound »
I mention it because I have seen numerous occasions when the said newspaper has been called out by certain regular posters as being unreliable with their information.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 03, 2023, 04:17:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Spot the dog whistle in the tweet that isn't in the article it links to!

There's your unreliability hound.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 03, 2023, 08:23:30 pm by Ldr »
So the sun amongst others is unreliable and not to be trusted unless it says something that fits your agenda I guess

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 03, 2023, 08:31:55 pm by Iberian Red »
Lovely use of the word agenda Ldr. Well done.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 03, 2023, 08:36:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So the sun amongst others is unreliable and not to be trusted unless it says something that fits your agenda I guess

Do you believe everything it prints?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 03, 2023, 09:21:49 pm by wilts rover »

I haven't read the article, just the headline, but unless it gives more detail on mobilisation, arms, no of brigades/divisions/squadrons to be sent - I don't think Sunak is going to war on anyone anytime soon. So yup - another pretty good example of The Sc*m being unreliable I would say.

But it's intended readership will lap it up no doubt.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 03, 2023, 09:27:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Some previous quotes from this forum. Is anyone up to claiming them?

"Anyone that buys the Sun needs their head examined. I wouldn't even believe the TV guide in that rag."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Mail and Sun and Express have a long and established and inglorious record of lying to their readers. That's not up for debate. It's a fact. That is why I for one will treat any article from them that purports to set out facts with scorn."

"The Sun takes its readers for fools."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think a better description of 'The Sun's readership' is brain dead poorly educated  ......"

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 03, 2023, 09:29:41 pm by wilts rover »

Some previous quotes from this forum. Is anyone up to claiming them?

"Anyone that buys the Sun needs their head examined. I wouldn't even believe the TV guide in that rag."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Mail and Sun and Express have a long and established and inglorious record of lying to their readers. That's not up for debate. It's a fact. That is why I for one will treat any article from them that purports to set out facts with scorn."

"The Sun takes its readers for fools."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think a better description of 'The Sun's readership' is brain dead poorly educated  ......"

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 03, 2023, 09:44:12 pm by drfchound »

I haven't read the article, just the headline, but unless it gives more detail on mobilisation, arms, no of brigades/divisions/squadrons to be sent - I don't think Sunak is going to war on anyone anytime soon. So yup - another pretty good example of The Sc*m being unreliable I would say.

It’s about bikes wilts.
However it pedalled the right information to engage gear with the OP.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 03, 2023, 09:52:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »

It’s about bikes wilts.
And to think he's probably the leading spokesman regarding the condemnation of Sun readers.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 03, 2023, 09:56:07 pm by Ldr »

Nope

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 03, 2023, 11:10:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Judge it by what actually happens. Let's see if the policy is announced this week. Deal?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 04, 2023, 12:06:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »

It’s about bikes wilts.
And to think he's probably the leading spokesman regarding the condemnation of Sun readers.

As I'm sure you do understand, it's about intent.

I'm not sure what benefit there is for a Sun journalist to make this sort of story up. In fact, very, very few journalists ever make stories up. They embellish and they omit important facts, but they don't invent stories.

One did of course. He got sacked for it, but it didn't stop him becoming a Prime Minister that you supported to the hilt.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 04, 2023, 01:41:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Nope

Then why are you getting snarky with other people who don't either?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 04, 2023, 08:15:41 am by Bentley Bullet »

It’s about bikes wilts.

As I'm sure you do understand, it's about intent.

I'm not sure what benefit there is for a Sun journalist to make this sort of story up. In fact, very, very few journalists ever make stories up. They embellish and they omit important facts, but they don't invent stories.

One did of course. He got sacked for it, but it didn't stop him becoming a Prime Minister that you supported to the hilt.

Yes, but The Mail and Sun and Express have a long and established and inglorious record of lying to their readers, haven't they?  Isn't that why you treat any article from them that purports to set out facts with scorn?

Besides, if The Sun take its readers for fools, why are you exempt as a reader of it yourself?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 04, 2023, 09:02:43 am by SydneyRover »
the coup de grace has already been delivered bb no need for the feline to suffer yet another colonoscopy

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 13, 2023, 02:08:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A Government that has run out of energy and ideas also falls back on the art of deliberately misleading the public.

James Cleverley here

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1700036735718010936/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1700036735718010936&currentTweetUser=SkyNews&mode=profile

"Prison escapes were 10 tines higher before this Govt came to power."

Sunak repeated that at PMQs today.

How bad must Labour have been then? Christ! TEN times!

What a job the Tories must have done to solve that disaster they inherited.

Well there's this thing called the Internet out there. And even though certain politicians haven't twigged yet, you can usually find the info to check these claims.

This time on Gov.uk of all places.

https://data.justice.gov.uk/prisons/public-protection/escapes

Isn't it about time this lot f**ked off and found some purpose in life beyond incompetence and misleading people?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 13, 2023, 10:11:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As if there weren't reasons enough.

I missed this one. The ex-Foreign Secretary and Minister for Exiting the EU telling a Select Committee he hadn't read through THE most important UK foreign policy document of the past 75 years.

For the record, the Belfast Agreement is 36 pages long. 7 of those pages are covers and contents lists. You could get through most of the substantive text while having a decent shite.

But not Dominic Raab. The Tory politician who first made his name writing a book where he complained that the British working class were idlers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 13, 2023, 11:11:26 pm by idler »
As if there weren't reasons enough.

I missed this one. The ex-Foreign Secretary and Minister for Exiting the EU telling a Select Committee he hadn't read through THE most important UK foreign policy document of the past 75 years.

For the record, the Belfast Agreement is 36 pages long. 7 of those pages are covers and contents lists. You could get through most of the substantive text while having a decent shite.

But not Dominic Raab. The Tory politician who first made his name writing a book where he complained that the British working class were idlers.
You mean there’s more than me?  ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 16, 2023, 08:03:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apparently Raab is currently hawking his CV round the City in anticipation of getting hoyed out by the electorate next year.

I wonder what he wrote in the "Things I learned in my last job" section? That a surprisingly large amount of our exports go through Dover?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 18, 2023, 10:36:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
When a Govt really runs into the buffers, they choose the sort of Kitson who shares this to run in a by election.

https://x.com/Elemjay1/status/1714615160281731095?s=20

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 19, 2023, 02:53:12 am by BobG »
Oh Christ... I'm nit sure I have words to describe my despair after looking at that link...

I think I'd rather stay here in Colombia than suffer politicians  who can think like that.

BobG

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 19, 2023, 07:19:27 am by belton rover »
That is hideous.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 19, 2023, 07:41:55 am by Donnywolf »
When a Govt really runs into the buffers, they choose the sort of Kitson who shares this to run in a by election.

https://x.com/Elemjay1/status/1714615160281731095?s=20

The horrendous thing about that is no Party ever "loses" a By Election.

It's a protest vote against  Govt , or our Vote share went up , or the Winners didn't do as well as the media predicted

Just imagine if this Bloke wins . He will be able to say (along with his Party) " we told the truth , we put the facts out there , it was ridiculed by MSM and social media, and yet it proves the British people got and get the message"

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 19, 2023, 08:56:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ahh. It's alright. He did that way back in the past.
https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1714687235230961855

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 19, 2023, 12:16:13 pm by tyke1962 »

What happens when a potential new government comes to power and doesn't have any ideas ? , wouldn't  that be worse ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012