Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:43:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When a Government...  (Read 23328 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: When a Government...
« Reply #570 on March 26, 2024, 02:18:46 am by SydneyRover »
Toris telling porkies, surely not .............. looks as though diversity is having a beneficial effect.

''Tories delete Sadiq Khan attack ad showing New York instead of London
Footage of people panicking, designed to attack the London mayor’s record on crime, was filmed in a New York subway station ...........

After commentators such as the political journalist Paul Waugh spotted that the video about London showed scenes from New York, it was withdrawn and replaced with a video where the Penn station clips had been cut.

As the Guardian reported last month, according to the Crime Survey for England and Wales, people are less likely to be victims of crime in London than across the country as a whole. In the capital, 14.9% of people experienced a crime either to their person or their household in the year ending September 2023, compared with 15.7% nationally.

Further analysis found London has one of the lowest rates of antisocial behaviour, the murder rate in the capital has dropped under the last three mayors, hospital admissions for firearm assaults fell last year and the capital has fewer incidents of gun crime and fewer stabbings than other parts of England''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/25/tories-sadiq-khan-attack-ad-new-york-london

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #571 on March 26, 2024, 08:25:18 am by ravenrover »
You know I've been saying for years that this Govt has absolutely zero to offer but Culture War and they will go all out to stir it up?

You know how it always sounds like I'm exaggerating for effect...until you look at what they are actually doing?

Get the latest one.

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1772321715713982730

Pray for the Donny fans going through London to Crawley on Satdi. Brave, brave souls.

PS: Yes that really is an official Tory party video, in which they say that Sadiq Khan "seized power".
Reckoned to be14th safesty city in the world.
This from a Party whose leader wasn't even elected, except from within

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #572 on March 26, 2024, 09:54:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
 The public does not vote for party leaders.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #573 on March 26, 2024, 02:31:15 pm by ravenrover »
Which is why a I said from within.
But the public will vote for a leader rather than a party ie The Piglet?
Would the public have voted in a Tory party led by a Truss or a Sunak in such numbers? I wonder?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #574 on March 26, 2024, 04:07:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
All party leaders are voted in from within.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #575 on March 26, 2024, 05:00:59 pm by ravenrover »
Not arguing that point so why are you?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #576 on March 26, 2024, 05:25:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Because of your claim that "This from a Party whose leader wasn't even elected, except from within", which suggested it was somehow an unusual, or unfair occurrence.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #577 on March 26, 2024, 05:46:08 pm by Iberian Red »
The video is a complete embarrassment to the tory party.
I wonder if that arse Fletcher was in charge,its a bit like his day out in Thorne,false.

Don't go to London,you're likely to either be stabbed by the mayor, or killed in a stampede on the tube.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #578 on March 26, 2024, 06:19:08 pm by Filo »
The video is a complete embarrassment to the tory party.
I wonder if that arse Fletcher was in charge,its a bit like his day out in Thorne,false.

Don't go to London,you're likely to either be stabbed by the mayor, or killed in a stampede on the tube.

Only the tube in that video is in New York, I assume that is your reference to Fletcher

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #579 on March 26, 2024, 06:27:08 pm by Iberian Red »
Yes,he likes to use images that are not true(along with many statements) when serving the local community.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #580 on March 26, 2024, 06:56:29 pm by ravenrover »
Which is why a I said from within.
But the public will vote for a leader rather than a party ie The Piglet?
Would the public have voted in a Tory party led by a Truss or a Sunak in such numbers? I wonder?
And the questions here BB any comments?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #581 on March 26, 2024, 07:20:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The public may be influenced by who is leading the party, but all party leaders are voted in from within.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #582 on March 26, 2024, 07:52:27 pm by ravenrover »
And the 2nd part?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #583 on March 27, 2024, 07:48:24 am by Bentley Bullet »
And the 2nd part?
What on earth has my opinion on that got to do with your suggestion that it was somehow an unusual, or unfair occurrence to have a Prime minister who was elected from within instead of by the public?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #584 on March 27, 2024, 09:04:39 am by ravenrover »
Just interested that's all.
What I do disagree with is that a change of leader does not merit a General Election be that when Brown succeeded Blair or the numerous who have succeeded Johnson
But as is the norm I'll leave the last word to you , as always
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 10:09:42 am by ravenrover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #585 on March 27, 2024, 04:45:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just interested that's all.
What I do disagree with is that a change of leader does not merit a General Election be that when Brown succeeded Blair or the numerous who have succeeded Johnson
But as is the norm I'll leave the last word to you , as always
Thank you!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #586 on March 27, 2024, 06:29:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The public may be influenced by who is leading the party, but all party leaders are voted in from within.

The public ARE heavily influenced by who is the leader, and then that is through the lens of the interested media's take on them. Democracy?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 06:32:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #587 on March 31, 2024, 11:22:26 pm by SydneyRover »
The latest 'Best for Britain' polling appears to sweep aside all the misgivings we read about on here about Starmer and if played out at the GE would/should give labour enough impetus to be positive regarding a much needed second term.

''This new megapoll of over 15,029 respondents and MRP analysis was carried out by Survation on behalf of Best for Britain and went into the field shortly after the Chancellor’s Budget. The poll and MRP constituency-level analysis shows that under Rishi Sunak, the Conservatives are headed for electoral oblivion, on track to return just 98 MPs at the next election''

https://www.bestforbritain.org/spring-2024-polling

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #588 on April 15, 2024, 05:52:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Your regular reminder that two years ago, the Tory party put this person in charge of the red button.

https://x.com/JAHeale/status/1779772182324761046

She's written a book, serialised by The Mail that just adds to the evidence of how utterly barking mad she is.

Everything she failed at was because the Woke blob was controlling the boardrooms of major companies, the BoE, the OBR, the BBC and the MCC. And it just wasn't fair!

It is genuinely terrifying that we had her running the country for a Clough-nite. It's like when the Roman Empire went to shite and they made a horse the Consul.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 05:57:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #589 on April 15, 2024, 06:13:09 pm by Ldr »
Your regular reminder that two years ago, the Tory party put this person in charge of the red button.

https://x.com/JAHeale/status/1779772182324761046

She's written a book, serialised by The Mail that just adds to the evidence of how utterly barking mad she is.

Everything she failed at was because the Woke blob was controlling the boardrooms of major companies, the BoE, the OBR, the BBC and the MCC. And it just wasn't fair!

It is genuinely terrifying that we had her running the country for a Clough-nite. It's like when the Roman Empire went to shite and they made a horse the Consul.

Mate you campaigned for someone who publicly stated they wouldn’t press the red button, not sure your judgment is decent enough to judge others

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #590 on April 15, 2024, 07:13:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He didn't say that as it happens. At least not in the election campaign.

But, point taken. As I've said times many, that was the worst choice of PM ever. But somehow the Tory party managed to dig up an even worse PM.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #591 on April 15, 2024, 07:16:10 pm by Ldr »
He didn't say that as it happens. At least not in the election campaign.

But, point taken. As I've said times many, that was the worst choice of PM ever. But somehow the Tory party managed to dig up an even worse PM.

Now that we can agree on :)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #592 on April 15, 2024, 08:00:44 pm by mugnapper »
Well, well, well. Look who's thinking about coming back. That'll be a vote winner!!
https://news.sky.com/story/liz-truss-refuses-to-rule-out-running-for-tory-leader-again-13115990

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #593 on April 15, 2024, 08:11:04 pm by Iberian Red »

To be fair to the Tories, they've had 3 on the bounce.

1) The liar,never to be trusted

2) The basket case.

E) The f**king clueless.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #594 on April 15, 2024, 08:31:29 pm by ncRover »
Badenoch overtook Mourdant in the conservative home poll (grassroots) so it is looking like it will be her in opposition.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #595 on April 15, 2024, 11:46:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's Truss going full on Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68821646

My favourite quote from that piece:
"Maybe I think differently from other people."

So perhaps she's got more self- awareness than she gets credit for. Because she certainly thinks differently to anyone whose mind works properly.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #596 on April 16, 2024, 07:27:39 am by i_ateallthepies »
Apparently the book was written using crayons.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #597 on April 16, 2024, 12:24:26 pm by SydneyRover »
''Liz Truss quiz: did she really say that in her book?'

Can you guess which things Liz Truss actually claimed in her book and which are our fantastic inventions?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/16/liz-truss-quiz-did-she-really-say-that-in-her-book

Liz Truss, brought to you by the tory party.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #598 on April 16, 2024, 03:47:46 pm by drfchound »
Fascinating reading Syd.  :zzz:
For the record, I’m glad she didn’t stay on longer than the 49 days, she was a total disaster.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #599 on April 16, 2024, 07:28:18 pm by Sprotyrover »
Here's Truss going full on Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68821646

My favourite quote from that piece:
"Maybe I think differently from other people."

So perhaps she's got more self- awareness than she gets credit for. Because she certainly thinks differently to anyone whose mind works properly.
She has you sussed out Billy,a ‘Finger wagging,Nannying control freak’ like a great deal of other libertines on the left side of this Forum!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012