Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:48:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When a Government...  (Read 22195 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: When a Government...
« Reply #630 on April 20, 2024, 10:44:10 am by SydneyRover »
It's a sad fact of life that everyone has to be scrutinised because of a few cheats.

Then they should go where the real black money is to be found amongst the tax cheats.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #631 on April 20, 2024, 11:19:59 am by Bentley Bullet »
.... As long as it's not Angela Rayner and her cronies, aye Skippy?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #632 on April 20, 2024, 12:29:48 pm by SydneyRover »
.... As long as it's not Angela Rayner and her cronies, aye Skippy?

You can't seem to help yourself bb, you declared Starmer guilty contrary to common sense and facts now you are trying to smear Raynor without facts and yet you go out of your way not denounce johnson for the liar he is.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #633 on April 20, 2024, 01:26:47 pm by drfchound »
Of course Syd, you never denounced anyone from the Tory Party did you. Aye.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #634 on April 20, 2024, 09:11:09 pm by River Don »
Check any nation you like and recently there has been a large uptick in mental health problems. Particularly amongst young women.

Something is going on and it needs investigating. The prime suspect is social media apps.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #635 on April 28, 2024, 03:54:45 am by SydneyRover »
I guess you could put this down to tax cuts instead of support for services ...........

''Former minister and Conservative MP Dan Poulter has defected to Labour.

In an exclusive TV interview, the MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich told the BBC's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg that he could no longer look his NHS colleagues and patients in the eye and stay on as a Conservative.

Dr Poulter, who works part time as a doctor, said that Conservatives were no longer focused on public services.

The Conservative Party said it was "disappointing news"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-68913287

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #636 on April 28, 2024, 08:08:38 am by i_ateallthepies »
I guess you could put this down to tax cuts instead of support for services ...........

In an exclusive TV interview, the MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich told the BBC's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg that he could no longer look his NHS colleagues and patients in the eye and stay on as a Conservative.

Dr Poulter, who works part time as a doctor, said that Conservatives were no longer focused on public services.

Not sure he's cut out for politics it's taken him 14 years to work that out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #637 on April 28, 2024, 08:42:59 am by drfchound »

And yet he is now Labour so he must be more ok today than he was yesterday.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #638 on April 28, 2024, 09:37:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well labour policies are pretty similar to a lot of Tory policies from the last election so it's not really a radical change now is it.

Bit weird how someone who's been a minister in that party can now after 14 years change their view mind having been part of it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #639 on April 28, 2024, 10:17:13 am by ravenrover »

And yet he is now Labour so he must be more ok today than he was yesterday.
Standing down at GE

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #640 on April 28, 2024, 10:23:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
Surely he’s not thought “I’m going to lose my seat & with it all the ‘goodies’ I’ve enjoyed over the past 14 years. But, if I go over to the Labour benches they’re sure to give me a safe seat to win & my joy ride continues!”.

No, I’m being far too cynical.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #641 on April 28, 2024, 11:44:14 am by ravenrover »
Colin see the post above

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #642 on April 28, 2024, 11:45:33 am by danumdon »
If an MP decides he's had enough of being associated with his party then he should in effect resign his job and leave, he's obviously not giving any thought to the constituents who voted him into his seat.

If the constituents of Central Suffolk and North Ipswich wanted a Labour MP then they would of voted accordingly.

All very well stating a moral dilemma for leaving but then not doing the same thing and resigning his post also.

Hypocrite is not enough. The perks of the job we're obviously far too much to surrender. Regardless of his status after the GE.

Why does this never surprise you?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #643 on April 28, 2024, 12:35:49 pm by SydneyRover »
But that is not giving any thought to the constituents either is it? unless there is polling in his seat to see whether they want something done about the NHS or more of the same it's a mute point, no?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #644 on April 28, 2024, 01:03:57 pm by danumdon »
So my point stands. whichever way you look at it.

I very much doubt this individual was so vaunted that the constituents voted for him above and beyond party loyalty.

In effect he's benefitted from being associated with that party, this has now changed and he should give up the benefit which was to be a MP.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #645 on April 28, 2024, 01:11:17 pm by Filo »

I very much doubt this individual was so vaunted that the constituents voted for him above and beyond party loyalty.

In effect he's benefitted from being associated with that party, this has now changed and he should give up the benefit which was to be a MP.

I assume you think this also applies to Lee Anderson?

For the record I agree with your point

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #646 on April 28, 2024, 01:39:39 pm by danumdon »

I assume you think this also applies to Lee Anderson?

For the record I agree with your point

Absolutely, any MP who resigns the whip should also resign their position.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #647 on April 28, 2024, 09:09:19 pm by ravenrover »
As should be the case with a change of PM auto GE

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #648 on May 03, 2024, 01:39:55 am by SydneyRover »
''When a Government...''

Speaking about the local elections ......

''The Northern Ireland Secretary, Chris Heaton-Harris, said the results in the Sunderland area, where partial results show a Labour hold of the council seat (see post at 01.10), show “if you vote Reform, you get Labour

But ....... if you vote tory you get .........

'UK will be worst-performing G7 economy in 2025, OECD forecasts
The outlook is a blow to Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and his Chancellor Jeremy Hunt''

Or worse if at all possible, vote Reform.

(And ironically of course taking note of tory stewardship of NI)

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-will-be-worst-performing-g7-economy-in-2025-oecd-forecasts/#:~:text=In%20its%20annual%20assessment%20of,its%20last%20prediction%20in%20March.

A song for risky ...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC1H8K2P5W8

• VSC Member
« Reply #649 on May 03, 2024, 09:28:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There's very little worth voting for in the government.  Lee Anderson actually called one thing right, they could drop £1m in every persons house and they'd still lose.  I agree, too many f**k ups and too many idiots.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #650 on May 03, 2024, 12:51:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Yep, it's looking like the end game for a once proud party, pud. Risky didn't have a lot of options but he's stayed with the same game plan, now they just are chasing their own tails.

Labour would have to implode I would think to fail from here.

• VSC Member
« Reply #651 on May 03, 2024, 03:32:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Rishi isn't necessarily the problem albeit he isn't great he's not terrible either.  He's like Danny Schofield, rubbish squad, average leadership skills and doesn't have the gravitas to turn it around.

Get Mccann in!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #652 on May 03, 2024, 04:15:56 pm by danumdon »
Most will be in agreement that this government is long past its sell-by date, and for the sake of everyone, we need to get a GE called and put them and us out of this misery.

On the other hand, it will be very interesting to see just how much of a change an incoming government will make given the current situation we and the world find ourselves in.

Every day, it looks more and more like you would struggle to get a fag paper between Tory and Labour policy on a great many issues.

Plenty to look forward to then!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #653 on May 03, 2024, 10:23:09 pm by SydneyRover »
The thing is DD you won't see Austerity just for the hell of it, you won't see isolationist policies, you won't see a mad liar in charge and you won't see crazy policies that sent the markets berko.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #654 on May 04, 2024, 10:45:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The thing is DD you won't see Austerity just for the hell of it, you won't see isolationist policies, you won't see a mad liar in charge and you won't see crazy policies that sent the markets berko.

Yeah but, if I've decided they are all as bad as each other, you can batter me with logic as much as you like and I'll ignore it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #655 on May 04, 2024, 11:06:42 am by tyke1962 »

Austerity is a political choice , it's not the only show in town when it comes to getting a country back on it's feet so the Labour Party austerity will be a political choice just the same as the Tories was a political choice .

You don't get to have a better austerity reason .

If the Labour Party burnt down your house you'd thank them for the warmth .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #656 on May 04, 2024, 11:28:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And once again, people who have decided Labour are Red Tories prove themselves impervious to facts.

Reeves has said explicitly that Labour's fiscal plan is to eliminate the CURRENT deficit. That allies space for continued borrowing for investment.

Tell me why this is different to the Corbyn/McDonnell plan in 2017.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #657 on May 04, 2024, 08:06:54 pm by danumdon »
No one has decided anything yet, and as far as i can see anything that comes out of Reeves gob is not an actual fact until she's in power and implementing these "facts.".

Still, we all have to wait and see because, as far as anyone can tell this version of Labour tells you one thing and then decides to quietly drop it before they even have a chance to implement any of their "policies."

I'll believe it when i see it, Starmers Labour have form on this and the electorate won't let them forget it.

Let's see shall we?. We can always revert back to this at the appropriate time.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #658 on May 04, 2024, 08:58:18 pm by Iberian Red »
What problem do you have with a female economist being in charge of the oppositions fiscal policy?

There's really no need to ask is there.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #659 on May 04, 2024, 09:35:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No one has decided anything yet, and as far as i can see anything that comes out of Reeves gob is not an actual fact until she's in power and implementing these "facts.".

Still, we all have to wait and see because, as far as anyone can tell this version of Labour tells you one thing and then decides to quietly drop it before they even have a chance to implement any of their "policies."

I'll believe it when i see it, Starmers Labour have form on this and the electorate won't let them forget it.

Let's see shall we?. We can always revert back to this at the appropriate time.

Nice one.

When Labour say something you don't want, you complain that they'll do it.

When they say something you do want, you complain that they might not do it.

Do you think the issue is that you just don't like Labour?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012