Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:49:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Newcastle v Hammers  (Read 793 times)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
Newcastle v Hammers
« on March 30, 2024, 02:50:59 pm by rover-n-out »
Blimey, what a game, Magpies were down 1-3 and came back to win it 4-3 brilliant game to watch. Was it a foul, Phillips tries to clear the ball from inside the box, Magpies player comes at Phillips from behind and as Phillips pulls his leg back to clear the ball the Magpies player attempts to get the ball coming from behind unsighted and Phillips catches him on the ankle as he puts a foot in for the ball. I thought Phillips was really unlucky to give a peno away on that one, accidental, but he did catch the Magpies on the ankle, so a penalty probably the right decision.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
Re: Newcastle v Hammers
« Reply #1 on March 30, 2024, 03:49:03 pm by DRFC_AjA »
There's been some shockers of pen decisions today, "there's contact" has now become the default for awarding a pen. Easier and easier for a forward to get a pen, literally just run into a defender or infront of them and stop

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 30, 2024, 04:14:12 pm by Filo »
Never a pen, VAR passed the buck onto the ref instead of making a decision

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 30, 2024, 04:47:00 pm by IDM »
I thought it was the in field ref who has the final say, with the aid (or not) of VAR.??

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 30, 2024, 05:28:10 pm by GazLaz »
There's been some shockers of pen decisions today, "there's contact" has now become the default for awarding a pen. Easier and easier for a forward to get a pen, literally just run into a defender or infront of them and stop

It was supposed to be different this season “contact with consequence” was the new directive.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 30, 2024, 07:23:38 pm by jmt23 »
Also a new rule about when the ball goes out of play, as of today. Went to Sheff U vs Fulham (great 2nd half) and they announced it over the tannoy. The players must take the ball from the nearest cone, rather than from a ball boy/girl.

I thought the service at the keepmoat was bad for a few years, but today at Bramell Lane  trumped that by some distance. 1 kiosk for a full stand, served by 3 people? These clubs know how many tickets are sold mostly well in advance, and yet decide to do that. Sh&£, good job I’m not a fan and didn’t mind missing 15-20 mins

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2024, 06:36:52 am by turnbull for england »
Good performance from Harvey Barnes too, proving to be bit more than chip off the old block

TinyPortal © 2005-2012