Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:36:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jpt draw  (Read 9176 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Jpt draw
« Reply #30 on September 07, 2014, 11:59:55 am by bpoolrover »
Would it matter if the were 5k or 10k rovers fans there

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

« Reply #31 on September 07, 2014, 12:54:55 pm by GM-MarkB »
So long as YOU go, it doesn't matter about anyone else

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 07, 2014, 05:35:41 pm by not on facebook »
if roversw got to jpt final Down the big smoke ,my Guess is rovers would
find it hard to shift more than 11,000 tickets

I think you'd find that "the usual suspects" would come crawling out of the woodwork again, Oslo.

how many donny at the leeds game at wembley was it 15,000 give or take and that was a far more imprtant game

rovers have allready played in  a jpt final in Cardiff ,if it was Our first final apperance then i go for over 15,000.

Oslo- I don't believe there were 50-60,000 Leeds fans at Wembley that day. We were outnumbered about two to one. I'd say more like 20,000 were supporting Rovers- probably more if you add in the "neutrals!"

I'm confident we'd take 15K plus to a Johnstone's final. Mind, you wouldn't see many of them down at the Keepmoat.  :(

i eat my hat if there was 20,000 rovers fans at wembley that day from what i recall

must have been 2000 to  3000 leeds fans in Our end

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 07, 2014, 09:47:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
i eat my hat if there was 20,000 rovers fans at wembley that day from what i recall

Off the top of my head it was 11k+ at Stoke, 18k+ at Cardiff and a hat eating 25k+ at Wembley  :sick:

<added> Slight over estimation there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Football_League_One_play-off_Final "24,400 Doncaster" less the 500 or so Leeds is still well into hat munching territory. I know you're a man of your word Oslo, what kind of hat will it be? Raw, or curried?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:00:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 08, 2014, 12:13:02 pm by Jim Dobbin »
United's fans heavily outnumbered those of Rovers in the crowd. Rovers had been forced to suspend sale of tickets at their ground because of Leeds supporters besieging the Keepmoat Stadium in search of spare tickets after United's allocation quickly sold out. Doncaster chairman John Ryan: "The situation is both clubs were given 36,000. We were given too many and Leeds too few. They've got a fantastic fan base. I think we sold 24,000 tickets, which is a good effort with us only having average gates of 8,000 this season. I would gladly have given Leeds the balance, or most of the balance, but the Football League wouldn't let us because of segregation issues which is a shame because part of Wembley will be empty when it should be full, really, of Leeds fans."

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 08, 2014, 12:40:06 pm by RobTheRover »
I know you're a man of your word Oslo, what kind of hat will it be? Raw, or curried?

Burberry flavour?

;)

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 08, 2014, 01:12:45 pm by RoversDave »
Would have been even more of them   :crying:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 08, 2014, 03:04:07 pm by Filo »
I know you're a man of your word Oslo, what kind of hat will it be? Raw, or curried?

Burberry flavour?

;)

With a touch of Stone Island Sauce ;)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 09, 2014, 08:26:39 am by not on facebook »

Off the top of my head it was 11k+ at Stoke, 18k+ at Cardiff and a hat eating 25k+ at Wembley  :sick:

<added> Slight over estimation there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Football_League_One_play-off_Final "24,400 Doncaster" less the 500 or so Leeds is still well into hat munching territory. I know you're a man of your word Oslo, what kind of hat will it be? Raw, or curried?

I will eat both hats  fella if iam wrong

I had rovers fans Been out numbered 3 to 1 that day from what i saw

To my left all i saw was a half full Wembley with no empty seats in sight
As i. The Leeds end.

To my right i saw a Well Than less half full Wembley with empty rows  seats all over the gaff as in  The rovers end ,which had a block Of Leeds fans in the rafters at the top .

About 20 Of us got off at Wembley way sone 10 mins before game kicked off.

Police snatched us all one by one and took us to various points and checked out our  IDs ,which in turn i ended up walking up Wembley way on me own

There was  still shit  Loads Of Leeds still on Wembley way and i came a tad unstuck against 15 Of them.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 09, 2014, 08:37:42 am by not on facebook »

Burberry flavour?

;)

Back in the 1980s burberry was very very good to be seen in ,as in the shirt Of golfing jacket

By the 1990s it still had a Shelf life ,but went downhill as every two bob
Wanabe was deeming it

Same can be said for Stone Island  ,but that lost Its glamour When fakes were hitting the streets  and you  saw Pakistans wearing it .this is When
CP  clothing came into Its element

SI  still is very very good quality clothing ,Its just that the fakes have undervalued the item as street cred.

Got to point where you would remove Your SI badge (woking away in  Conference) and that was in 1997

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 09, 2014, 08:40:15 am by not on facebook »

As i. The Leeds end.

To my right i saw a Well Than less half full Wembley with empty rows  seats all over the gaff as in  The rovers end ,which had a block Of Leeds fans in the rafters at the top .

Police snatched us all one by one and took us to various points and checked out our  IDs ,which in turn i ended up walking up Wembley way on me own

There was  still shit  Loads Of Leeds still on Wembley way and i came a tad unstuck against 15 Of them.

Is WP ever wrong as there was never 24k rovers fans that day

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 09, 2014, 09:53:29 am by RedJ »

As i. The Leeds end.

Assuming that's short for wikipedia, are you genuinely asking that?...

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 09, 2014, 11:42:16 am by not on facebook »

As i. The Leeds end.

Yes Thats what i Ask is WP ever wrong ,as it can only be as good
As the info Thats put into it

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 09, 2014, 11:44:14 am by RedJ »

As i. The Leeds end.

Well it depends. In some areas it's reliable but others, especially sports stuff, it can be a bit iffy to say the least.

Quite a few pages on there can be freely edited by anyone, like a few years ago it said Sharp and Coppinger had both signed for Ipswich the day John Ryan came out and said the bid had been rejected.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 09, 2014, 12:04:25 pm by not on facebook »

As i. The Leeds end.

Well it depends. In some areas it's reliable but others, especially sports stuff, it can be a bit iffy to say the least.

Quite a few pages on there can be freely edited by anyone, like a few years ago it said Sharp and Coppinger had both signed for Ipswich the day John Ryan came out and said the bid had been rejected.

As i. The Leeds end.

As i. The Leeds end.

Thanks for that so i will not be eating my hat after what Bristol red Rover
Produced as evidence that there was 24,000 rovers fans at Wembley

As his source is not watertight

I still think less that 15,000 rovers fans going on memory

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 09, 2014, 04:27:39 pm by pib »
No chance. There was somewhere between 20-25k in our end. The odd Leeds shirt scattered around and a block of them up the top.

We took about 19 or 20 thousand to Cardiff the year before for the Paint Trophy final, so I'm not sure what's quite so incomprehensible about us taking a few thousand more than that to a play-off final at Wembley.

From the BBC live text report of the Leeds game:
"Leeds, who have made eight previous trips to Wembley, sold out their allocation of 36,000 tickets in hours and there are already numerous people wearing Leeds colours in the Doncaster end.
Donny have apparently sold about 24,000 tickets."

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 09, 2014, 09:43:53 pm by not on facebook »
No chance. There was somewhere between 20-25k in our end. The odd Leeds shirt scattered around and a block of them up the top.

We took about 19 or 20 thousand to Cardiff the year before for the Paint Trophy final, so I'm not sure what's quite so incomprehensible about us taking a few thousand more than that to a play-off final at Wembley.

From the BBC live text report of the Leeds game:
"Leeds, who have made eight previous trips to Wembley, sold out their allocation of 36,000 tickets in hours and there are already numerous people wearing Leeds colours in the Doncaster end.
Donny have apparently sold about 24,000 tickets."

Now that has Been put infront Of us ,fcuk  it where has that hat  gone

TinyPortal © 2005-2012