Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:51:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Does anyone have Dean Saunders ear  (Read 2425 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Does anyone have Dean Saunders ear
« on October 06, 2011, 12:27:18 pm by deebee »
Because I would like to recommend a striker to him. Sandaza playing for St Johnstone. Now I once told Mikey Walker about a lad called Billy Sharp doing well for Scunthorpe and I was told to carry on with my picture framing and leavethe football to him. But foolish man me then went an told him about a lad called Jason Scotland playing across the border, I was met by the same response. I gave it one more try and recomended he look at Steven Doby who is now at Swansea and you guessed it. So I gave up. However with this lad Sandaza I think will be a star so I want to bypass Mikey and try to get this tip straight to Deano so can anyone help. Pleeeeeese.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Gartom

• Forum Member
Re: Does anyone have Dean Saunders ear
« Reply #1 on October 06, 2011, 12:53:28 pm by Gartom »
I will pass on your scouting info DeeBee.....rest easy !

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 06, 2011, 12:56:37 pm by Superspy »
And that, right there, is a reason why the VSC is a good thing.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 06, 2011, 01:00:58 pm by jmt »
It's a massive problem people within football have, they seem to think if you do not work in football you know nothing.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 06, 2011, 01:08:08 pm by GazLaz »
I want a job, I'm the best judge of a player since Brian Clough! One to keep an eye on... Shelton Martis!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 06, 2011, 02:00:46 pm by benaldo »
Fifa 12 just come out?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 06, 2011, 02:07:08 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"jmt\" post=189451
It's a massive problem people within football have, they seem to think if you do not work in football you know nothing.

I'd say in most cases they were right.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 06, 2011, 03:25:59 pm by RedJ »
I can play in goal ;-) :chair:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 06, 2011, 04:05:46 pm by graingrover »
there always some t**t spoils the post!It is a genuine OP !

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 06, 2011, 04:15:58 pm by deebee »
Thanks very much. I have watching and going to many hundreds of football matches over my 54 years as a fan and you do get an eye for talent. I would appreciate others opinion on this lad though. you can watch him in action on the BBC sports page on St Johnstone's last match in the Scottish prem division he has already scored 8 goals and took them to equal 4th in that division. Interestingly in the same match you can watch Paul Heffernan in action.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15142499.stm
Thanks.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 06, 2011, 05:45:13 pm by Drover »
Don't forget though DeeBee,there are many more factors involved with signing players,the first two you mention was more than likely out of our reach finacially at the time.Don't forget it took £2 million from Sheff utd to prise Billy away from Scunny,I doubt he would have even considered us at the time.For all we know,Rovers may have enquired.It's more important to get the right player at the right price,Bennett for example.I know there is no harm in being polite and explaining stuff once in a while but maybe Mickey does'nt have alot of time to discuss every promising recommended player with many fans and did'nt want to go into details of why.Don't get me wrong,Im not saying you should'nt make recommendations like this,you've got my interest and will take notice of him in future and good to see Gartom is going to pass it on.
By the way,we did sign Billy and at a relative cut price of £1 million,So maybe Mickey did listen to your advice,but just wanted all the glory himself ;)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 06, 2011, 05:50:19 pm by The L J Monk »
So when Billy was doing well for Scunny you flagged it up? Assuming this was his first season at Scunny, he was in the same division as us, scored against us and ended up being top-scorer in the 05/06 season - but you thought he might not be on our radar?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 06, 2011, 05:59:31 pm by deebee »
I am not saying Billy wasn't on our radar, But a polite thank you and yes we are aware of him would have been nicer.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 06, 2011, 08:46:10 pm by glosterred »
So this Sandaza lad is playing and scoring goals in a league that was rubbished on this forum not long ago as being worse than League 1? Does this really say a lot for the guy?

:scarf:

P.S. He still has 2 saw him on Rovers player being interviewed  :byebye :chair: :coat:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 06, 2011, 08:54:03 pm by Jonathan »
The mistake you made was involving MW, you got it the wrong way round, try WM next time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012