Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 12:13:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New kits  (Read 5421 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: New kits
« Reply #30 on June 17, 2013, 09:00:48 pm by Mr1Croft »
Missing out for Father's day!

Yes, and missing out for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines, Mothers day, any other bloody anniversary for these one season wonder kits!

Sooner or later the penny will drop, replica kits are off the agenda for 2/3 of us (remember the poll) until they find a manufacturer/supplier who can guarantee supply for 2 seasons at least.

For eg.  3000 potential audience. 1000 are willing to buy shirts every season. 2000 are not.

New shirts every season - sales = 2 x 1000
New shirts every other season = 3000

Call me thick or naive. Can someone tell me why, if there's more profit to be had by having new kits every other season, why they don't accommodate it?

But Baz if there are 2000 buying shirts every other season in your scenario then in 2 years (under the current system) these people are buying at least one shirt, so in two years the club will sell 4000 shirts (1000 from year one and 3000 from year two) but if they were to sell a shirt every two years they would only sell 3000 shirts. A 25% decrease from selling shirts every year.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 17, 2013, 09:06:59 pm by Mr1Croft »
more than 100/200. Our fan base is like 4-5k? letters/calls to sth and make polls avalable on the offiscial site, facebook and all that. This site is not the sole place for fans to have there say.  a lot of the time i get the impreshion that the vsc think they are in charge of fans and the only way for people to have there say.

There are over 2000 registered users on this site.

Also, we neither claim not think that this website is the only chance to have your say but through our partnership with Doncaster Rovers (titled IRWT) we have built a culture where anything we bring to the club's attention to has been addressed. The club also use the VSC and this forum as a vehicle of getting messages to the fans to keep them aware of situations (such as the busy weekend where Dean Saunders resigned, we kept you all in the loop).

Also, the VSC has earn the right to make your voices heard at the club, both by buying shares in the club to make our members shareholders in the club collectively and building a strong, mutual relationship with the key staff at DRFC.

However, if you strongly feel their are better ways of getting your message across and making your voice heard, why are you doing it on the VSC website?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 17, 2013, 09:10:04 pm by Filo »
Who the hell is MrCroft1?

I'm actually a medium btw, although I can get away with a short sleeve small ;)

Spoken to any spooks lately? :)

WanchopeDickov

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 17, 2013, 09:12:18 pm by WanchopeDickov »
Croft i dont just use the vsc, i only read the forum and just thougth i would expres my opinion on how the vsc and some if its directers come across

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 17, 2013, 09:12:55 pm by Filo »
more than 100/200. Our fan base is like 4-5k? letters/calls to sth and make polls avalable on the offiscial site, facebook and all that. This site is not the sole place for fans to have there say.  a lot of the time i get the impreshion that the vsc think they are in charge of fans and the only way for people to have there say.

Chuffing hell! you`re a cheerful soul are n`t you?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 17, 2013, 09:14:01 pm by Mr1Croft »
Who the hell is MrCroft1?

I'm actually a medium btw, although I can get away with a short sleeve small ;)

Spoken to any spooks lately? :)

Actually yes, apparently I'm told I'm going to become lucky very soon and it will lead to never having money worries again in my life...

So I've emptied my bank account and stuck it all on Rovers to win the league without concedeing a single goal and winning every game!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 17, 2013, 09:14:56 pm by RedJ »
See that's where you're going wrong Crofty. You should've gone in with the relative of a dead Nigerian prince like me. I'll be minted, you watch.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 17, 2013, 09:15:44 pm by Filo »
Croft i dont just use the vsc, i only read the forum and just thougth i would expres my opinion on how the vsc and some if its directers come across

So, let me get this right, your not a member of the VSC? but choose to complain how the VSC conduct their business? on a VSC funded forum!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 17, 2013, 09:15:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
But Baz if there are 2000 buying shirts every other season in your scenario then in 2 years (under the current system) these people are buying at least one shirt, so in two years the club will sell 4000 shirts (1000 from year one and 3000 from year two) but if they were to sell a shirt every two years they would only sell 3000 shirts. A 25% decrease from selling shirts every year.

No, that's the point I was trying to make to you before. If people opt out because a shirt is only current for one season, they opt out period! No sales, nada, zippo.

As much as Shaun tries to persuade me to part with £50, there's no way I'll be buying if I know it will be replaced after just the one season.

WanchopeDickov

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 17, 2013, 09:18:59 pm by WanchopeDickov »
Filo i am a very happy person i am just saying what i think becos i have been reading this forum for some time

this forum is free to air your opinion weather a vsc member or not. Being a member doesnt make any one better than someone who is not

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 17, 2013, 09:21:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

So you think we should dismiss the views of the readership of this forum as not being representative? 

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 17, 2013, 09:22:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You have suggestions and want to change things, e-mail the club, I've done it in the past, it's fairly simple.  No one supporter's input is any less noticeable than others and if you think of something the club may want, go to them.....

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 17, 2013, 09:22:56 pm by Mr1Croft »

No, that's the point I was trying to make to you before. If people opt out because a shirt is only current for one season, they opt out period! No sales, nada, zippo.

As much as Shaun tries to persuade me to part with £50, there's no way I'll be buying if I know it will be replaced after just the one season.

But that makes your analysis invalid Baz, if people aren't buying full stop there is no evidence to suggest they will buy if it is only 2 years. The amount of people opting out because it is every year (but would commit to buying every 2 years if it were the case) has to be a larger pool of people (around 175%) than the average sales of the shirts each year.

Your poll only showed that 2/3 would prefer the shirts to be for 2 seasons, not that they wouldn't buy unless that was the case.

WanchopeDickov

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 17, 2013, 09:25:51 pm by WanchopeDickov »
No i think we shuld have the polls on all the sites to do with rovers and facebook ect  becos this site is not the only place for rovers fans to have there say. Some people hate this place or just dont use the site

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 17, 2013, 09:29:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No i think we shuld have the polls on all the sites to do with rovers and facebook ect  becos this site is not the only place for rovers fans to have there say. Some people hate this place or just dont use the site

The last poll went out here, on Facebook, the OS and the final poll for the shirts was done on a 3rd party website promoted by the club, VSC and fans all over - it does happen.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 17, 2013, 09:31:03 pm by Filo »

The kit polls were on facebook I believe, unfortunately our moderating permissions do not extend beyond this forum, you need to contact the admins of the other site`s to execute your demands!

WanchopeDickov

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 17, 2013, 09:34:19 pm by WanchopeDickov »
But we are currentlie on the debait of shirs life span. The poll wthat baz is refereeing to is the one that was just on here

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 17, 2013, 09:37:10 pm by RedJ »
Because it wasn't an official poll.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 17, 2013, 09:37:43 pm by Mr1Croft »
But we are currentlie on the debait of shirs life span. The poll wthat baz is refereeing to is the one that was just on here

Because it was asked by Baz, because Baz wanted to know and was for the use of Baz. It had nothing to do with the club

WanchopeDickov

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 17, 2013, 09:40:07 pm by WanchopeDickov »
Ok maybe it didnt have any thing to do with the club then. Just stayting my thoughts and opinions

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 17, 2013, 10:01:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

But that makes your analysis invalid Baz, if people aren't buying full stop there is no evidence to suggest they will buy if it is only 2 years. The amount of people opting out because it is every year (but would commit to buying every 2 years if it were the case) has to be a larger pool of people (around 175%) than the average sales of the shirts each year.

Your poll only showed that 2/3 would prefer the shirts to be for 2 seasons, not that they wouldn't buy unless that was the case.

I've revisited the thread/poll

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=237084.msg302308#msg302308

My interpretation is that if it remains renewing every season, more people with stop buying shirts. I didn't interpret it as people saying they will buy every 2 seasons.

We'll leave it there eh, as no doubt it will come up again at some point and if necessary we can run another poll!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012