Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:12:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sacking  (Read 2433 times)

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
Sacking
« on April 17, 2023, 09:05:04 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Click-bait I know, but Port Vale have made a change this morning getting rid of Darrell Clarke to try and end the winless run they've been on. Here's hoping we see sense today and follow suit so the rebuilding can start.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Sacking
« Reply #1 on April 17, 2023, 09:10:50 am by Campsall rover »
Click-bait I know, but Port Vale have made a change this morning getting rid of Darrell Clarke to try and end the winless run they've been on. Here's hoping we see sense today and follow suit so the rebuilding can start.
Just seen 3 pigs fly over Campsall.

No it seems Our club are hell bent on self destruction.

Is there another club in the EFL who would not have sacked DS after this abysmal run of form and desperately boring football he has presided over since late October.

Answer NO.  Not one imo.  :headbang:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2023, 09:52:07 am by ncRover »
I’d take Darrell Clarke.

Achieved back to back promotions with Bristol Rovers taking them from National League to League One.

Got promoted from this division last year with Port Vale.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 17, 2023, 10:04:02 am by Lesonthewest »
Just seen 3 pigs fly over Campsall.

No it seems Our club are hell bent on self destruction.

Is there another club in the EFL who would not have sacked DS after this abysmal run of form and desperately boring football he has presided over since late October.

Answer NO.  Not one imo.  :headbang:

Absolutely right, at no other club would a manager/coach had survived with this appalling record & the football on the pitch. Utter madness.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 17, 2023, 12:54:13 pm by elmsallrover »
I just think the club does it on purpose just to piss fans off

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 17, 2023, 03:06:09 pm by ForsolongaRover »
At least they went down fighting in his final match 2-3 and 5 yellow cards and 2 sent off at Lincoln who had only 1 sent off and 6 yellows!

Thanks to the passive non-tackling defensive system which the “Process” seems to require, we are still top of the “fair play” league.

I wonder how you factor that into the argument to keep Schofield.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 17, 2023, 04:40:51 pm by danumdon »
At least they went down fighting in his final match 2-3 and 5 yellow cards and 2 sent off at Lincoln who had only 1 sent off and 6 yellows!

Thanks to the passive non-tackling defensive system which the “Process” seems to require, we are still top of the “fair play” league.

I wonder how you factor that into the argument to keep Schofield.

Like i said previously, the club want football management who embody and acquiesce to their ides of what a football club should be all about, so that means top of the fair play league, good with kids clubs and hospitals and active in the community.

These are all laudable actions but for a football club to be successful they have to be serious about it and the team have to be the embodiment of their management, so in effect a nasty piece of work who would trample over their own mum to get on, someone who is so one eyed to be successful and more importantly correct in his reading of a situation to be feared and revered by all others in the same league.

We at this moment in time match up to precisely none of the above criteria.

If we want to ever be successful again we need to gain this type of winning mentality preferably in the boardroom, but definitely in the dugout.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 17, 2023, 07:26:42 pm by dickos1 »
Port vale have won 3 games out of 20, their fans have been wanting clarke sacked for weeks
It wouldn’t be long before the same old faces are on his back if he came here

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 17, 2023, 07:36:00 pm by ncRover »
Port vale have won 3 games out of 20, their fans have been wanting clarke sacked for weeks

You’d rather keep Schofield?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 17, 2023, 07:52:01 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s a results business.

Lose games and the fans will not be happy. Win games and they will be happy.
It’s very simple.

Anyone would be better than this Coach we have right now.  Darrel Clarke would not be my 1st choice but would I swap DS for him. You bet I would. 

Grant McCann is exactly what we need imo
Whether he would come back is another thing altogether but think it’s irrelevant anyway. If Copps has some issues with him then with Copps being HoF there is no chance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2023, 08:03:06 pm by dickos1 »

100%

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2023, 08:47:11 pm by scawsby steve »

100%

Why? Give us one shred of evidence of why DS is a better League 2 manager than Darrell Clarke.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 17, 2023, 09:11:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Faith for its own sake. Oh and we were about average in his first 10 games if you ignoring getting battered by Kings Lynn in the cup costing the club thousands.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 17, 2023, 10:31:32 pm by dickos1 »

100%

Why? Give us one shred of evidence of why DS is a better League 2 manager than Darrell Clarke.

Clarke took over Bristol rovers and at the end of the season they were relegated into the national league.
Posters were placed around the training ground stating “Clarke out” by disgruntled fans.
Looks like he had a very rough start to his management career, it’s a good job Bristol stuck by him when all the fans wanted him out

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2023, 07:42:24 am by ncRover »

100%

Clarke took over Bristol rovers and at the end of the season they were relegated into the national league.
Posters were placed around the training ground stating “Clarke out” by disgruntled fans.
Looks like he had a very rough start to his management career, it’s a good job Bristol stuck by him when all the fans wanted him out

He was put in charge with 8 games left.

Nobody on here was judging Schofield’s future for better or worse after 8 games.

Clarke is only 3 years older than DS and is vastly more experienced. The club needs experience right now to stabilise it.

When I was looking for this seasons prediction thread, I stumbled across the one for the Wellens L1 relegation season. You predicted 1st, so I will take your outlook with an even further pinch of salt.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:46:35 am by ncRover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2023, 08:00:15 am by Chris Black come back »
Narrator: They finished 22nd with only 38 points from 46 games. Wellens managed 13 points from his 19 games in charge.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 18, 2023, 11:47:13 am by dickos1 »

100%

He was put in charge with 8 games left.

Nobody on here was judging Schofield’s future for better or worse after 8 games.

Clarke is only 3 years older than DS and is vastly more experienced. The club needs experience right now to stabilise it.

When I was looking for this seasons prediction thread, I stumbled across the one for the Wellens L1 relegation season. You predicted 1st, so I will take your outlook with an even further pinch of salt.

The fans didn’t like him, they went down when it looked nailed on they’d survive.
Port vale fans don’t like him,

Pretty self explanatory that he’ll come here and be written off after a few games, as per

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2023, 01:35:56 pm by Lesonthewest »

Also probably the same old faces backing him while we fall ever nearer the trap door to oblivion, as with the current incumbent.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2023, 01:38:41 pm by Lesonthewest »

100%

Now that has to be a wind up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012