Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:41:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crowds back at football  (Read 4112 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Crowds back at football
« on June 04, 2020, 09:56:23 am by Axholme Lion »
I assume that we will all be allowed to watch football live as soon as it resumes as the old bill are totally ignoring thousands of people roaming mob handed all over London? In two weeks time when they all have covid they will all be blaming Boris. Also where are all the people now with their moral outrage over Dom Cummings, why aren't they in uproar now?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Crowds back at football
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2020, 11:25:16 am by Glyn_Wigley »
If the general public were as hypocritical and duplicitous as Cummings there might be some uproar.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2020, 12:00:22 pm by Axholme Lion »
If Theresa May hadn't got rid of the water cannons they could have been decontaminated easily after their breaking of social distancing rules. One man and his family in a car and there is uproar, thousands in the streets and nothing. it just proves the moral outrage over Cummings was just bitter lefties trying to score political points.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2020, 12:14:54 pm by Mike_F »
Were the lockdown measures the same at the time of Cummings (who had a hand in creating them) breaking them as they are now?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2020, 12:27:15 pm by Axholme Lion »
How anyone can compare the two situations is a joke. One family in a car against thousands of anarchists looking for trouble.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 04, 2020, 12:42:30 pm by IDM »
Do you mean a handful of trouble makers hiding within a genuine protest on police racist murder.?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 04, 2020, 01:18:45 pm by Axholme Lion »
Do you mean a handful of trouble makers hiding within a genuine protest on police racist murder.?

Do you mean alleged murder? How do we know he didn't have any other condition which brought on the death of the wanted man?
Why are they protesting here when it happened in America? It's just a load of band wagon jumping trouble causers out for a tear up and a new pair of trainers. All this knee bending makes me sick.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 04, 2020, 01:23:40 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Do you mean alleged murder? How do we know he didn't have any other condition which brought on the death of the wanted man?
Why are they protesting here when it happened in America? It's just a load of band wagon jumping trouble causers out for a tear up and a new pair of trainers. All this knee bending makes me sick.

Would you apply the same blasé attitude if a white, South London, English Millwall fan had committed a minor offence and then lost his life during his arrest by the police? 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 04, 2020, 01:24:32 pm by bpoolrover »
Were the lockdown measures the same at the time of Cummings (who had a hand in creating them) breaking them as they are now?
what about corbyn mike did he have a hand in it to by not social distancing and putting lives at risk, Cummings might have been wrong and a liar but at least he kept his distance

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2020, 01:26:48 pm by IDM »

Go find me an approved restraint technique which promotes kneeling on someone’s neck.

He was filmed doing this.

Whether the victim did or did not have an underlying medical condition is irrelevant. 

The officer has been charged with murder.

People are angry about this as this sort of action should have been stamped out after the 1960s.

It doesn’t excuse rioting and looting, but that is an unwanted side effect of such protests.

The protests themselves are valid.

Do you think such a killing shouldn’t be highlighted.?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 04, 2020, 01:27:04 pm by bpoolrover »
To be fair to him I don’t think race has anything to do with it, on many videos you see the please shaking hands with different people with no gloves or anything on, them officers could then be in a hospital environment passing it on to nurses ect. And of course there were many white people at the rallies

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 04, 2020, 01:29:11 pm by bpoolrover »

Go find me an approved restraint technique which promotes kneeling on someone’s neck.

He was filmed doing this.

Whether the victim did or did not have an underlying medical condition is irrelevant. 

The officer has been charged with murder.

People are angry about this as this sort of action should have been stamped out after the 1960s.

It doesn’t excuse rioting and looting, but that is an unwanted side effect of such protests.

The protests themselves are valid.

Do you think such a killing shouldn’t be highlighted.?
any killing should be highlighted but protests unless can social distance should not be happening

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 04, 2020, 01:29:25 pm by IDM »
what about corbyn mike did he have a hand in it to by not social distancing and putting lives at risk, Cummings might have been wrong and a liar but at least he kept his distance

And he broke self isolation rules by driving to the hospital within his 14 day period.

And as you concede, he is a liar, so what else is he lying about.? This is the man advising the PM on government policy don’t forget.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 04, 2020, 01:39:23 pm by bpoolrover »
Not being funny because someone does something wrong it does not excuse anyone else’s behaviour, I get that people might get angry about Cummings  what I don’t get if your angry about Cummings how your not furious about the lack of social distancing and the amount of lives at risk because of these protests, that’s what makes me think it’s just political scoring rather than anger

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 04, 2020, 01:48:29 pm by IDM »
Do you think opposition to that racial killing by a policeman albeit in the USA, is political point scoring and therefore unnecessary.?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 04, 2020, 01:52:15 pm by bpoolrover »
No not at all it’s disgusting what happened, but that’s not the point is it? Either protest and social distance or wait to have a protest, why should other people be put in danger from the protesters? There are 180 ish pages on how shot the goverment have done and how things are opening to early and risking another spike! Well this is risking another spike do you not think?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 04, 2020, 01:52:30 pm by Axholme Lion »

Would you apply the same blasé attitude if a white, South London, English Millwall fan had committed a minor offence and then lost his life during his arrest by the police?

What like this one for starters?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ian_Tomlinson

It has happened before in the past as well, but because he wasn't from a group within the left wing agenda no one gave a monkeys.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 04, 2020, 01:56:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Go on. Get it all out. All that constipated bile.

The protests are because this is one of THE great historical injustices still being played out in front of our eyes after all these centuries. The murder (and it WAS a murder) is a symbol of that. A white man in a position of authority treating a black man as a sub-human over whom he could demonstrate his power.

Floyd was handcuffed and face down on the floor. Full-weight kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes resulting in his death is murder. Full stop.

And that is symbolic of the sort of oppression that black Americans and (to a lesser extent, black British) put up with every day of their lives. And sometimes, an event like this causes the bottled up resentment to explode.

Just like your bottled up bile has just exploded all over this thread.

When it comes down to it, you either care about what white Europeans and Americans have done to people of African origin over the past 500 years or you don't. Those who do have a responsibility to show which side they are one. It's clear that you don't.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 04, 2020, 01:56:48 pm by Axholme Lion »
Not being funny because someone does something wrong it does not excuse anyone else’s behaviour, I get that people might get angry about Cummings  what I don’t get if your angry about Cummings how your not furious about the lack of social distancing and the amount of lives at risk because of these protests, that’s what makes me think it’s just political scoring rather than anger

If it's not political why aren't people taking to the streets to protest about Chinese brutality in Hong Kong? It's because it's the trendy, 'right on' thing to bash Trump.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 04, 2020, 01:58:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It has happened before in the past as well, but because he wasn't from a group within the left wing agenda no one gave a monkeys.

You mean no-one from the left gave a monkeys, like, for example...let me think...The Guardian who campaigned tirelessly on the topic and unearthed the independent video showing the assault?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/22/ian-tomlinson-story-justice-denied

You're bigotry is quite something to behold.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 04, 2020, 02:01:21 pm by bpoolrover »
Bst your right on how terrible he and many other blacks have been treated/are being treated but that does not mean they can put innocent peoples lives at risk

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 04, 2020, 02:01:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If it's not political why aren't people taking to the streets to protest about Chinese brutality in Hong Kong? It's because it's the trendy, 'right on' thing to bash Trump.

There are all sorts of historical reasons.

One bleeding obvious reason is the fact that we are utterly complicit, historically, in the situation of black people throughout the Americas.

A second bleeding obvious reason is that America is (still, just about) a democracy, and demonstrations of support like this can help tip public opinion.

there is precious little that we can do about China at the moment, other than press our Govt to take economic action against them. And that is not going to be done by demonstrating.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 04, 2020, 02:02:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bst your right on how terrible he and many other blacks have been treated/are being treated but that does not mean they can put innocent peoples lives at risk

It is an explosion of suppressed anger. You and I have never known what it is like to live your life under that shadow. And the vast, vast majority of demonstrators are behaving peacefully and with dignity.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 04, 2020, 02:05:08 pm by IDM »
No not at all it’s disgusting what happened, but that’s not the point is it? Either protest and social distance or wait to have a protest, why should other people be put in danger from the protesters? There are 180 ish pages on how shot the goverment have done and how things are opening to early and risking another spike! Well this is risking another spike do you not think?

Yes of course it is a risk, as are all the other instances of crowds on beaches etc as people over react - perhaps not as individuals but as groups - to the reaction of lockdown measures.

You need them to ask why folks are dong it. 

Ideally the protests should of course follow social distancing rules, and the criminal elements intent on looting etc shouldn’t join in.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 04, 2020, 02:05:20 pm by Axholme Lion »

The protests are because this is one of THE great historical injustices still being played out in front of our eyes after all these centuries. The murder (and it WAS a murder) is a symbol of that. A white man in a position of authority treating a black man as a sub-human over whom he could demonstrate his power.

Floyd was handcuffed and face down on the floor. Full-weight kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes resulting in his death is murder. Full stop.

And that is symbolic of the sort of oppression that black Americans and (to a lesser extent, black British) put up with every day of their lives. And sometimes, an event like this causes the bottled up resentment to explode.

When it comes down to it, you either care about what white Europeans and Americans have done to people of African origin over the past 500 years or you don't. Those who do have a responsibility to show which side they are one. It's clear that you don't.

I don't have a guilt complex because i'm white and British. All sorts of stuff happened through history by all different nations, but it's gone and people need to get over it. It's like Sniverpool fans bleating on about Hillsborough while at the same time brushing Heysel under the carpet.
Who do you think supplied the slave trade?
https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 04, 2020, 02:05:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How anyone can compare the two situations is a joke. One family in a car against thousands of anarchists looking for trouble.

Jesus Christ, you're comparing the two in your own OP!!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 04, 2020, 02:06:26 pm by bpoolrover »
Most are behaving fine I quite agree but none are social distancing, if you have family that died indirectly because of them protests I would think your view would change

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 04, 2020, 02:06:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Nobody gave a monkeys? Do you not remember it being all over the TV and the press at the time? You’ve got selective memory fella

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 04, 2020, 02:13:26 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

I don't have a guilt complex because i'm white and British. All sorts of stuff happened through history by all different nations, but it's gone and people need to get over it. It's like Sniverpool fans bleating on about Hillsborough while at the same time brushing Heysel under the carpet.
Who do you think supplied the slave trade?
https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

When it’s Gay Pride do you also grumble that we should have a straight pride? When it’s International Women’s day do you also complain that we should have International Men’s Day?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 04, 2020, 02:24:20 pm by Axholme Lion »

Jesus Christ, you're comparing the two in your own OP!!
No i'm not. I'm saying all the people on phone ins moaning about DC, but where are they complaining about this shower?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012