Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:30:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Set Pieces....  (Read 855 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Set Pieces....
« on April 13, 2011, 08:53:45 am by wing commander »
Whilst i was less than impressed with SOD'S descisions last night,i was pleased with the effort of the team and felt we deserved the points...However one thing that did crop up last night was set pieces..

Firstly Preston were direct all night but by far there strongest point was there set pieces,two or three free kicks curled in the box in that area where the keepers unsure wether to sit or come for it yet just past our defenders,a strikers dream ball.However when we had two free kicks in identical positions ours were spooned up to the edge of the box and headed away easily..
   Then the corners,Prestons were a variety of near and back post corners that put pressure on us and took some defending.Our were knee height to the near post that the first man hacked away without a care in the world oh apart from a couple of short ones that went out for a goldkick or a throw in...
   Its things like that when we realise how much we miss Woodsy...
Finally a bit of praise for a player i have lambasted all season Mr Friend,muchly improved left back performance and that spell at c/b has done him the power of good,just needs to cut out that one gift he seems to throw in a game and he might just make a player...;-)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Set Pieces....
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2011, 05:57:56 pm by idler »
We certainly need to communicate better. Some of our quick free kicks,corners and throw ins seem more of a problem to us than the opposition. I'd rather slow down a bit and retain possession than just give it away.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012