Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:00:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Essay: "The first community-owned football club in the top two tiers"  (Read 1663 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member

Please discuss, referencing in your answer the concepts of "planning law and maintaining heritage assets through enabling development" (long-winded but Google it), "the political issues of transferring public wealth to private equity" and "the future impact of the Financial Fair Play Rules"...

...and owt else you wanna chuck into the discussion.

But on a serious note, do others (and particularly the VSC Board itself as time is of the essence) think there's an opportunity here?  My own sense is that we're at a fork in the road right now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Is the answer Swansea City?

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Close but no cigar Wilts.

My understanding is that the supporters body owns a fifth of it, but I don't know if the club is self-sustaining or still reliant on benefactors. Anybody know?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Bournemouth? Even though they have 'benefactors'

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
The idea of the club being a community club is fine, but I would rather have a small number of people who make decisions, I cant imagine we would ever get anything done if the fans ran the club.

Everyone should get on the Euromillions on Friday is 100MM EUR which would more than cover a benefactor taking us to the Prem and making us self sufficient ;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Essay: "The first community-owned football club in the top two tiers"
« Reply #5 on November 13, 2013, 03:27:06 pm by Mr1Croft »
Close but no cigar Wilts.

My understanding is that the supporters body owns a fifth of it, but I don't know if the club is self-sustaining or still reliant on benefactors. Anybody know?

They are very close and have turned a profit close to 25% of their revenue in the last couple of years but it remains to be seen whether or not this will still be the case if Laudrup demands more money in the transfer market.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
The idea of the club being a community club is fine, but I would rather have a small number of people who make decisions, I cant imagine we would ever get anything done if the fans ran the club.

Everyone should get on the Euromillions on Friday is 100MM EUR which would more than cover a benefactor taking us to the Prem and making us self sufficient ;)

The running of community owned clubs is left to a "normal" board of directors who make the decisions. The major thing is it is owned by the fans, so it can't be sold off down the rivers, and if the board are deemed to be making a pigs ear of it, they can be easily voted off and replaced.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member

The running of community owned clubs is left to a "normal" board of directors who make the decisions. The major thing is it is owned by the fans, so it can't be sold off down the rivers, and if the board are deemed to be making a pigs ear of it, they can be easily voted off and replaced.

Thanks for clearing that up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012