Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:34:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Now it's the people of Doncasters turn....  (Read 4638 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Now it's the people of Doncasters turn....
« on January 23, 2014, 10:02:59 am by wing commander »
   For the last couple of months we have seen some pretty intense splits in our fan base but now whatever your opinion was on the sc deal the time has come to draw a line under it...
   The board were challenged to go and give us a chance and boy have they done that,as lets be honest the deals for quality like Wellens,Meite,Tamas and Billy have not come cheap...
   Now whatever the Blackpool result we as fans need to show the board that we are behind the team and them and go and support them..Just because weve signed the quality we have is no gurantee we will pull away from the bottom...Its up to all of us wether your a st holder or just a casual fan to get down the Keepmoat and roar them on and do our part too....So lets make that happen by putting a few more bums on seats and prove to the board and the players that we are right behind them..   :rtid:  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Now it's the people of Doncasters turn....
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2014, 10:46:59 am by The Red Baron »
Agreed. The club are making efforts to sell tickets off the back of this.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/billy-sharps-ten-match-multi-game-1311065.aspx

However, I wonder if there are other ways that this could be promoted to people in Doncaster?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2014, 10:56:16 am by mrfrostsdad »
There has been suggestions on here on how to 'market' the team to sell tickets.
I said months ago, as has lots of others, there's little/no point advertising on Facebook and the official site - the people who go on there are probably already Rovers fans- I suggested long ago that we need a stall in the shopping centre (sorry, I can't remember what it's called, when I lived in Donny it was the Arndale Centre) We need to target people who don't currently support the team.

I made the suggestion of a short survey thing to ask punters. What do they know about the team, how much are tickets etc. and even give them a ticket if it may hopefully bring in a new fan. The idea seemed to be well received at the time, but I don't know if it was ever acted on.

But to get back to the thread, yes, we need more bums on seats. My guess is there will be at least 500 more home fans there next week because of Billy's signing. That will pay some of his first weeks wages! If we get a result Saturday it may be more than 500

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2014, 11:12:05 am by the vicar »
when you go to other city's and towns there is posters all over the place and even on the side of busses and in pubs but not Doncaster and they should be, they onca asked fans to down load posters and print them off but they should be doing it

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2014, 11:15:56 am by River Don »
Yes, it's all very well having these deals but if they don't get the message out there so people are aware they exist, you're on a hiding to nothing.

Might the VSC consider one of their flyer campaigns for this?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2014, 11:20:27 am by Copps is Magic »
We need billboard posters of billy sharp on all the major routes coming in to donny from Sheffield with the words 'Welcome to Doncaster' written underneath.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2014, 11:24:45 am by the vicar »
they are preaching to the converted all the time and they expect us to do the advertising for them

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2014, 11:32:37 am by River Don »
they are preaching to the converted all the time and they expect us to do the advertising for them

Well, it's because the official site, twitter etc is the cheapest most convenient way of promoting it. The problem being it tends not to reach as wider audience as it might.

It all comes down to expense, enlisting the services of keen supporters makes sense from that point of view. I don't mind helping if there are flyers to deliver.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2014, 11:35:49 am by the vicar »
I know that I dont mind ether but they should help them to help themselves sometime

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 23, 2014, 11:48:38 am by MrFrost »
when you go to other city's and towns there is posters all over the place and even on the side of busses and in pubs but not Doncaster and they should be, they onca asked fans to down load posters and print them off but they should be doing it

I've been saying this for years.
We have a zero exposure in and around the town.

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 23, 2014, 11:57:04 am by Xtrarover »
yes exactly we have many businesses that could promote on the side of their buildings on roundabouts just coming of the motorway and so on...

Exactly this.

I would snap the club's hand off to be offered the chance of a job with the idea of solely improving ticket sales.

Put some bloody billboards up round town. Let the people know. Don't just keep reminding us who already go to games, or do read the website.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 23, 2014, 11:58:01 am by GazLaz »
Can't they/ do they advertise on the radio? I know the won't be able to on the Beeb but there is Halam and other local stations.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 23, 2014, 12:06:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They already do on Trax FM, don't they?

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 23, 2014, 12:09:46 pm by ss1953 »
Easiest Poster ever to create:

Billy's back in Town!

plus photo of Billy in red and white hoops

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 23, 2014, 12:15:21 pm by Filo »
Change this to a red and white hooped shirt and a little caption and you have a ready made poster

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #15 on January 23, 2014, 12:22:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Along with S_M, and others, we have attended 2 meetings with the club to follow up on these issues inc the feedback from the surveys. I can assure you work is ongoing to address the percieved shortcomings. I am confident the club will respond and I think you'll be happier with the progress. Unable to disclose anything yet but the marketing team will no doubt be happy with the gift of good news!

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 23, 2014, 12:35:12 pm by Lipsy »
Woke up this morning and Faecesbook had given me a 'trending' thing. Looks like the word about Billy is back is doing very well indeed.

Agree that some presence in and around The Frenchgate Centre is needed. Returning home last year, I was stunned by the fact that there was entirely nothing to suggest that there was even a football club in the centre of town.

Perhaps easier said than done, and it costs money...

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 23, 2014, 12:50:48 pm by rover-n-out »
What about if the club had a stall in the Frenchgate centre on market days (Tues. Fri. Sat.) and use a couple of One Call Insurance girls, to promote the club with hand outs etc. Surely the club could afford to pay the wages of the girls for a couple of weeks. We could also have someone like Jade from the club with them to answer any queries potential customers may have regarding tickets, costs, etc.

My imagination tells me this would be a great way to promote the club (and One Call Insurance come to that) as the girls would be interacting with the public and selling the Rovers brand to customers new and those that may have fallen by the wayside.
Maybe the owner of One Call Insurance could help with the costs, as the One Call Insurance brand would be visible with the girls being kitted out in the One Call outfits and the Rovers representative in the hoops.

These things do need a little planning, but for goodness sake I hope the Rovers consider initiatives like this and get out there amongst the public and be more pro-active.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 23, 2014, 12:52:42 pm by Lipsy »
You need to stop imagining the One Call Insurance girls...  :lol:

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 23, 2014, 01:00:10 pm by rover-n-out »
Sorry Lipsy, hard to get out of your head once they are in there.
I was thinking more along the lines of visual presentation rather than anything lascivious.  :whistle:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 23, 2014, 01:03:16 pm by RobTheRover »
Why imagine.......

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2014, 01:05:33 pm by Lipsy »
I believe you...  :whistle:

You're right though. Something like that would be fantastic, and - sorry to say - attractive ladies are going to get men of a certain age interested. I used to go to conventions overseas and I was pretty disgusted by the amount of breasty flesh on show (well, the non caveman part of my brain was disgusted), but it did work very, very well.

@Rob - wibble.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 23, 2014, 01:10:56 pm by RobTheRover »
Lipsy.  Thats the word I was looking for myself.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 23, 2014, 10:54:12 pm by donnybez »
What about a trial deal where those with match day tickets get free rides on the match day shuttle? What about increased advertisement across the whole of D.M.B.C? Why stop at just the town when you can hit the borough and the outlying areas where there isn't a specific football team to support such as Selby, etc?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 23, 2014, 11:02:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
A shop in the Frenchgate where people can buy tickets, shirts, etc. It's where the majority of Donny go, much better placed then hidden away near Walkabout.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 23, 2014, 11:04:26 pm by RedJ »
A shop in the Frenchgate where people can buy tickets, shirts, etc. It's where the majority of Donny go, much better placed then hidden away near Walkabout.

I wasn't even aware there was a shop down there linked to the club :laugh: which says it all really.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 23, 2014, 11:06:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I wasn't even aware there was a shop down there linked to the club :laugh: which says it all really.

There was a few years ago if I'm thinking right. It closed about 5 year ago.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 23, 2014, 11:36:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Just had another thought about this, how about a Sporting Doncaster Club Shop which has merchandise for all the clubs of Doncaster, Rovers, Belles, Dons, Knights and any of the smaller ones. I know at the moment there is only really Rovers and Dons in Sporting Doncaster but a hub for everything would be a pretty good idea in my opinion. Allow tickets for all of the sports to be bought there aswell as advertising for the games.

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 23, 2014, 11:44:52 pm by Hag »
Change this to a red and white hooped shirt and a little caption and you have a ready made poster

Here you go, I changed the face a bit, I think the stripes might be a bit much!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 24, 2014, 01:53:49 am by andysly »
Very good idea that DonnyO.

Can't agree with the cheap South Stand tickets as that could have a negative effect with people not inclined to create noise, stand up a bit and generally make an atmosphere just opting to save a couple of quid than moaning at the more verbal/active amongst us.

As for the FB page, it seems that most of those who post on there don't go to the matches and just use it to spout nonsense and generally show their ignorance the latest being that they seriously believe 1 Direction Louis is actually going to be part of the squad !!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012