Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:38:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Bennett  (Read 5295 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Kyle Bennett
« on February 28, 2014, 10:19:07 am by wing commander »
     Just had a natter to a friend and Bradford season ticket holder about how Kyle is doing and its not that good I'm told..He was subbed off to great cheers after a insipid performance last week and there not impressed that's for sure...
     Is he out of contract this season?? I'm beginning to seriously wonder where Kyle goes from here...Another Andy Watson...so much talent wasting away...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Bennett
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2014, 10:27:03 am by RedJ »
Christ alone knows how he managed to get a new contract in the summer just gone.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2014, 10:59:53 am by roversdude »
Well his mate is out and back with fowls

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #3 on February 28, 2014, 11:28:56 am by DRFC MYERS »
He signed a 2 year contract at beginning of the season for some stupid reason

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2014, 11:38:52 am by The Red Baron »

Not stupid from his point of view. He was one of the first to sign- I dare say his agent told him to do so before Rovers changed their mind.

The stupidity came from whoever offered him a new contract in the first place. I suppose someone thought we could get a fee for him, when in reality we'd have been better to cut our losses.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 28, 2014, 12:19:50 pm by Dare to dream! »
his performance would improve 100% if he just played a bit more simpler. Pass and move. Not try and take on 5 people before smashing  it in the top corner.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 28, 2014, 12:49:06 pm by RedJ »

Not stupid from his point of view. He was one of the first to sign- I dare say his agent told him to do so before Rovers changed their mind.

The stupidity came from whoever offered him a new contract in the first place. I suppose someone thought we could get a fee for him, when in reality we'd have been better to cut our losses.

It was a f**king stupid decision because, due to his age, we'd still have got some kind of fee for him from whoever signed him. I'm pretty sure he'll be over 24 by the time this deal runs out meaning he'll go for nothing.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 28, 2014, 01:03:34 pm by DRNaith »
Oh the joys of being able to look back on history.

Hands-up how many would be screaming about the short sightedness of DRFC if Bennett had scored 12 goals so far this season and claimed another 20 assists, but only signed a one year deal with us.

There are always going to be players on the wrong length of contract at a football club because the business is not one of exact science, it's a gamble.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 28, 2014, 01:29:47 pm by graingrover »
he won't be getting his Bentley then!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 28, 2014, 02:06:52 pm by Rios »
Bennett was dreadful for most of last season.  He rightly got jeered off at Bury (which he then had a tantrum about on twitter) after another abject and lifeless performance and that was the story of his season.  He played well at Walsall in that first game and then the hype and I dare say external influences affected him game and his attitude.  How he got any sort of new deal, never mind a two year one after that sort of season (in a title winning team after all!!!) really baffles me.  It almost makes me ill that the likes of Turnbull and Keegan are out of contract in a few months and we're stuck with him for another year.

In case anyone's wondering... I'm not really a fan!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2014, 02:20:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's no Nahki Wells. Never will be. It's about time he grew up otherwise he'll find himself at Conference level with the prospect of looking for a proper job.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2014, 02:26:13 pm by RedJ »
PD failed to get to know his team ( a league winning team) from the outset and he has blindly gone about his job oblivious to the needs and challenges required at Championship level.

You mean he got them beating Blackburn, almost beating Wigan, by accident then?

Yet more tripe. You still haven't answered me - what exactly were you expecting us to achieve this season?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2014, 03:06:59 pm by RedJ »
The retained list was drawn up by Flynn and announced before Dickov was appointed.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2014, 03:13:41 pm by GazLaz »
He has no footballing brain or heart. Has ability though.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2014, 03:28:06 pm by silent majority »
Rubbish PD new he's was coming long before the end if the season .

No he did not.

JR may have told him privately that he wanted him but there was a full and fair application and selection process to go through before anyone was appointed. JR was just one of several people who were involved in that decision.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2014, 03:36:00 pm by roversdude »
Personally think PD is doing a decent job, his hands were tied with certain players, KB being one who were given contracts
The lad has had more than his share of opportunities to shine - let's not forget that the management team see players in training too
Always thought KB had talent but was very lightweight and just never took the next step be it through lack of ability, desire or plain laziness I don't know
As alluded to elsewhere very similar to Andy Watson

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2014, 03:49:09 pm by RedJ »

And here's the challenge, something else you seem to find difficult - can you prove it?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 28, 2014, 04:25:11 pm by GazLaz »

No he did not.

JR may have told him privately that he wanted him but there was a full and fair application and selection process to go through before anyone was appointed. JR was just one of several people who were involved in that decision.

Wasn't PD a signature away from getting the job when Flynn took over or was that Robins?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 28, 2014, 05:40:09 pm by pib »
Oh the joys of being able to look back on history.

Hands-up how many would be screaming about the short sightedness of DRFC if Bennett had scored 12 goals so far this season and claimed another 20 assists, but only signed a one year deal with us.

There are always going to be players on the wrong length of contract at a football club because the business is not one of exact science, it's a gamble.

This.

I must be in a minority who believe that the guy STILL has something to offer, if only he could sort out whatever confidence/application issues he has.

He's got ability. No doubt about that. Dean Saunders, for a fairly short period, got him playing somewhere near the best of his ability, and working hard. For whatever reason, he hasn't lived up to that in the rest of his time here.

I can see why we offered him a new deal. He might have been useless at the back end of last season, but I think he showed enough at the start of the season, and in glimpses in his first season here, that he could be an asset.

I think he's probably had his last chance though. I'll be surprised if we see him again in a Rovers shirt (especially if we survive this season) and I think somebody from League One or Two will probably take a punt on him in the summer.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 28, 2014, 08:01:47 pm by NickDRFC »

It was a f***ing stupid decision because, due to his age, we'd still have got some kind of fee for him from whoever signed him. I'm pretty sure he'll be over 24 by the time this deal runs out meaning he'll go for nothing.

RedJ - had we not offered a contract and he had left we would have got nothing for him. You only get a fee for a player if you offer him an equal or better contract than that which has just expired.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 28, 2014, 08:03:18 pm by BigH »
Does anyone honestly think that we'd get a fee for KB? Seriously?

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 28, 2014, 08:15:05 pm by Malc Morling »
Never  been the same player after he got clobbered  against . :suicide:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 28, 2014, 08:30:20 pm by RedJ »

It was a f***ing stupid decision because, due to his age, we'd still have got some kind of fee for him from whoever signed him. I'm pretty sure he'll be over 24 by the time this deal runs out meaning he'll go for nothing.

RedJ - had we not offered a contract and he had left we would have got nothing for him. You only get a fee for a player if you offer him an equal or better contract than that which has just expired.

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Still, we're not going to get a fee for him. He couldn't cut it in League One last year, or this year and doesn't seem to have the mindset for it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 28, 2014, 08:38:10 pm by silent majority »

Surprisingly enough yes. SO'D did make very serious enquiries for him and was prepared to offer a considerable sum.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 28, 2014, 09:47:04 pm by BigH »

Surprisingly enough yes. SO'D did make very serious enquiries for him and was prepared to offer a considerable sum.
Sorry SM but this says more about SOD than KB.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 28, 2014, 09:58:04 pm by NickDRFC »

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Still, we're not going to get a fee for him. He couldn't cut it in League One last year, or this year and doesn't seem to have the mindset for it.

You're not wrong there. Players can get away with his sort of attitude if they're performing week in week out, but it's a season and a half since he has done anything and even then it was just a handful of games

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 28, 2014, 10:47:54 pm by Metalmicky »
He's young, immature and naive. He is (or has been ) in the wrong sort of company and needs to get his head out of his arse before he wastes the talent he clearly has.
When he arrived he was fresh, raw and exciting. He scored some crackers and looked a steal - since then he has lost his edge and lost his mojo. I hope he smells the coffee soon and realises what he could be before he rooms it up.
Don't be a dick Kyle..........

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 28, 2014, 11:25:24 pm by boro_rover »
What are these off the field antics he is allegedly getting upto?
I heard he was living with Madine before he was in clink, but nothing else.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 01, 2014, 07:49:57 am by ExileRover »
You would have thought having a big brother playing in the premier league may have spurred him on to push himself to get to that level (not that I am saying he is good enough). I'm sure when we signed him people were mentioning that he was higher rated when growing up in the wolves academy than his brother.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 01, 2014, 08:00:16 am by GazLaz »
There are a lot of people judging his friends and lifestyle that don't know the lad. You are only guessing really because his housemate got in a fight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012