Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:25:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: mvoto....  (Read 3785 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
mvoto....
« on March 17, 2014, 12:58:44 pm by wing commander »
  When he binned us off to go to the dingles for an extra £50 we took a lot of stick from their fans...Well he who laughs last laughs longest...Not first choice and apparently was that bad at Watford the home fans were laughing at him,even the dingle fans are calling his performances as comedy gold with the nickname of shinny because he uses it more than his boot.Even with our defensive crisis it looks like for once weve dodged a bullet there...lol :rtid: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: mvoto....
« Reply #1 on March 17, 2014, 01:26:51 pm by GazLaz »
Anyone who had seen him play for Oldham against us knew he was dog shit.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 17, 2014, 01:27:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Only seen him the once this season, away at Ipswich on Sky. He was man of the match by a country mile.
The Dingles are shite and maybe he would look a better player in our team?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2014, 01:38:18 pm by BigColSutherland »
Anyone who had seen him play for Oldham against us knew he was dog shit.
Presumably Dickov didn't think so.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 17, 2014, 01:42:41 pm by wing commander »
   Well to be fair the Barnsley fans who have seen him play a number of games are far from impressed...Dickov certainly wanted him but not enough to go an extra £50 a week..From what I've seen of him he's not championship standard but like mrfrostsdad says some players look garbage at one club and brilliant at another...I still think we dodged a bullet though...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 17, 2014, 02:01:09 pm by GazLaz »
He's ok if the balls being planted on his head. Need more than that in this league.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 17, 2014, 05:37:33 pm by Muttley »
Agent Mvoto seems to be doing a grand job and his work should be rewarded.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 17, 2014, 05:41:33 pm by RedJ »
Well we did take him on holiday. :silly:

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 17, 2014, 06:57:56 pm by POD »
I think that Dickov has changed his outlook from his time at Oldham, as he has adapted to life at a bigger club in the Championship.

Players who he perhaps thought could do a job in the Championship, have turned out not to be as good as expected. Mvoto is one of these, as is De Val and some would say Furman, although I think he is still a useful squad player.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 17, 2014, 07:14:15 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think that Dickov has changed his outlook from his time at Oldham, as he has adapted to life at a bigger club in the Championship.

Players who he perhaps thought could do a job in the Championship, have turned out not to be as good as expected. Mvoto is one of these, as is De Val and some would say Furman, although I think he is still a useful squad player.

I agree on that, i think the championship experience has done a lot of good for him, seems to be getting better as the season goes on. Also I think if Dickov had this experience before we wouldn't have signed Furman, Wabara or tried to get M'voto pre season.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 18, 2014, 09:10:19 am by wing commander »
I really don't get this stick Wabara still gets..When he played in his natural position he did okay,ive seen a lot worse that's for sure...We played him out of position and he was prepared to play with a injury too because we didn't have options...We should be gratefull for that because I know a lot of others who wouldn't have bothered..Okay things didn't go well for him the last month but this level of abuse he gets is not justified...

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 18, 2014, 09:46:09 am by mrfrostsdad »
Personally, I think Furman just needs a run in the side.
With the exception of Wellens, who is our real bit of class in this division, I think he's as good as anything else we have in midfield.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 18, 2014, 10:59:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
WC

Agreed. The defence that started off the season had an excellent record. It conceded 12 goals in 10 games. After those ten games, 8 of the sides that we had played were in the top half of the table and a ninth (Wigan) was in 13th place with a match in hand.

That defensive record was excellent. Wabara was an integral part of that defence.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 18, 2014, 11:14:49 am by BigColSutherland »
I didn't rate Warborough, but didn't he break his toe or something and then play on with painkillers on the wrong side of the defence to which he was accustomed? That won't have helped him.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 18, 2014, 11:19:56 am by chrisd_123 »
I rate Furman and like some mentioned above, he just needs a run in the side.

I feel Furman's issue is Richie Wellens. Not in a bad way, just subconsciously because Wellens is clearly a class above, people compare all players to the best they have in that position. Furman is clearly nowhere near the class of Wellens but he does a job in there and his work rate is fantastic.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 18, 2014, 11:28:37 am by The Red Baron »
I didn't rate Warborough, but didn't he break his toe or something and then play on with painkillers on the wrong side of the defence to which he was accustomed? That won't have helped him.

He injured his foot in the game at Watford on 17th September although a fracture wasn't diagnosed until some time afterwards.

You'd probably find that his effectiveness declined from about that point onwards- which is understandable really.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 18, 2014, 11:30:34 am by BigColSutherland »

He injured his foot in the game at Watford on 17th September although a fracture wasn't diagnosed until some time afterwards.

You'd probably find that his effectiveness declined from about that point onwards- which is understandable really.

Thanks TRB. No one likes playing with a broken foot.

Prior to that I still didn't like him - one of these players who relies on pace to make up for their positional weaknesses - but he was probably good enough for what we require.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 19, 2014, 01:29:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Know it's off topic,but every time this fella's name comes up,it always reminds me of that old mobile phone advert ''Hello Moto''  :rolleyes:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012