Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:10:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: passion on and off the pitch!!!  (Read 1367 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
passion on and off the pitch!!!
« on May 10, 2021, 01:41:21 pm by wing commander »
   Well I think we are all pretty pleased this season is in the bank and we dont have to watch the majority of those players pull on a Rovers shirt again (Copps apart). The absolute spineless efforts we have seen over the last few months have really been hard to bare and Saturday was the final straw.

This leaves us in a pretty poor position right now, in fact it could be argued the worst position we've been in for a number of years. As we stand we haven't a manager and only a few contracted players for next season (and some would argue half of those are not worth keeping) As for the players out of contract i doubt anybody would be too upset if every one of them moved on.

So that leaves us with a total rebuild from top to to bottom which is far from ideal. The only positive is that the club are still here and we have Mr Bramhall to thank for funding us through what must have a expensive year.

Which brings me on to the board themselves. We cant really complain with Mr Bramhall whilst he doesn't throw countless money into us he does give us a budget to play with that should give us a chance in this league and he has never been one to talk publically. I cant really complain about Gavin either,the guy works tirelessly behind the scenes and i've seen first hand what that entails.It's a thankless task and we are lucky to have him

However at the very top big questions have to be asked and that is Mr Blunt the Chairmen of the football club. A man most of us wouldn't recognise if he walked past us in the street. A man who rarely says a public word to the fans about anything about our club,and if rumours are to be believed a man who on a daily basis allocates very little time to it..So what does he actually do and contribute?? Is he just TB's eyes and ears??

It's a genuine question because nobody has been able to actually tell me..It's time the club moved on and had a new figurehead. I look at some of the other Chairmen out there and you can actually feel there passion. I wasn't JR's favourite fan in the end but i could never fault his passion and love for the club.This club in my eyes is missing someone in the upper reaches who can liase better with the fans rather than the monochrome bland stuff we hear now with the occasional titbit from Martin and Gavin.

We are starting fresh on the pitch from here and i would love to see us start fresh from the Chairmans position too unless anybody can convince me otherwise..
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 01:44:49 pm by wing commander »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: passion on and off the pitch!!!
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2021, 01:46:18 pm by since-1969 »
Wishful thinking . Unless a new benefactor materialises , we are all stuck with the same mind set, financial top 6 budget joke and a bunch of none footballing businessmen who think that they can Scrooge their way out of this League!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2021, 02:59:43 pm by silent majority »
WC, some good stuff in your post. And some of it I'll discuss with Gavin when other matters are put to bed.

As for since-1969, yet more tripe supported by no facts whatsoever.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2021, 03:35:31 pm by wilts rover »
Wishful thinking . Unless a new benefactor materialises , we are all stuck with the same mind set, financial top 6 budget joke and a bunch of none footballing businessmen who think that they can Scrooge their way out of this League!!

What should the budget be for next season?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2021, 03:59:04 pm by drfchound »
Bearing in mind the role that Copps is going to undertake, will he be front man for TB?
We hear he will be working with or maybe advising the board on football matters so perhaps he could become the “missing link” that Wingco is talking about.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2021, 04:24:15 pm by BobG »
Another absolutely classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action 1969. Star man. You provide the lamp by which everyone else can avoid the same misfortune. Please don't stop. Lighthouses are always useful.

Cheers

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2021, 04:25:37 pm by PDX_Rover »

You know. You’re right. How dare they put millions each and every year into our beloved club. These tin pot millionaires. The nerve eh? You should write to Barry Took.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2021, 04:32:19 pm by GazLaz »
Bearing in mind the role that Copps is going to undertake, will he be front man for TB?
We hear he will be working with or maybe advising the board on football matters so perhaps he could become the “missing link” that Wingco is talking about.

I’m sure it’s a varied role but I heard it was a lot to do with mentoring and being a role model for the academy players. May be wrong though. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2021, 04:58:36 pm by drfchound »

I’m sure it’s a varied role but I heard it was a lot to do with mentoring and being a role model for the academy players. May be wrong though.

Gaz, that was also spoken about but I think I heard correctly about the other part of his new role.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012