Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:26:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It could be worse  (Read 3638 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: It could be worse
« Reply #30 on August 26, 2021, 06:24:44 pm by Branton Rover »
Zero sympathy from me they laughed their b*llocks off when Richardson relegated us - I remember being incredibly envious the first time I visited Glandford Park whilst Belle Vue was falling to pieces - funny how things turnaround

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 26, 2021, 06:30:35 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I don’t wish any fan to lose their club given how close we came but I do wish certain clubs have to spend time in non league given how they behaved when we were going through our period of woe, Scunny happen to be one of them

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 26, 2021, 10:55:17 pm by wing commander »
A few years ago I was at a wedding in Hull and found myself sat next to a Scunny fan. No problem, I said, you've never been serious rivals to Donny, but who on earth designed that shit stadium of yours? "Oh. That was my dad" he replied. "I'll get a round in" was all I could say.

He did Walsall as well then - just adding more Seats and some Portacabins lol

They also presented to Huddersfield but didnt get selected

Makes sense then, the roofing company I worked for had the contract for both Glandford & Bescot.

Les was that Wards roofing??

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 26, 2021, 11:16:58 pm by PDX_Rover »
Silent S

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 27, 2021, 06:47:50 am by Donnywolf »
A few years ago I was at a wedding in Hull and found myself sat next to a Scunny fan. No problem, I said, you've never been serious rivals to Donny, but who on earth designed that shit stadium of yours? "Oh. That was my dad" he replied. "I'll get a round in" was all I could say.

Makes sense then, the roofing company I worked for had the contract for both Glandford & Bescot.

First time I went to Bescot I had a real deja vu feeling. The place was so familiar but it wast till I went to loo in corner by T Bar I twigged. Its bloody Scunnys Ground {with a higher home end of course]

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 27, 2021, 07:54:15 am by The Beast »

First time I went to Bescot I had a real deja vu feeling. The place was so familiar but it wast till I went to loo in corner by T Bar I twigged. Its bloody Scunnys Ground {with a higher home end of course]

When it was built it was nearly an exact replica, perhaps a couple of rows bigger as I think the capacity was slightly higher. That extension was put on at a later date

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 30, 2021, 03:17:42 pm by Lesonthewest »

Les was that Wards roofing??

Believe we used Wards materials Wing Commander, the company was Lumbrooks Roofing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012