Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:27:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank  (Read 58965 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Black Bank
« Reply #120 on August 02, 2015, 10:23:50 am by drfchound »
On a recent black bank songs thread someone reminded us of the old song
"Who's that tw*t in the big black hat, scuffer, scuffer etc.

I am sure many of us older fans remember that.

In view of recent events perhaps the updated version could be

"Who's that scroat in the orange coat, steward, steward".

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on August 02, 2015, 11:06:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just to clarify further and to dismiss any further speculation.

Our understanding is the club were not club were not responding to a complaint.

Gavin Baldwin has apologised to the person ejected and there is no sanction against the individual.

As S_M said, all of us recognise the situation could have been handled differently and we will be continuing our dialogue with the club.

Common sense will prevail in the end. The club values the support being generated from the Black Bank. Players and PD have commented positively about the fans getting behind the team. Long may that continue.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on August 02, 2015, 11:14:57 am by Filo »

Gavin Baldwin has apologised to the person ejected and there is no sanction against the individual.

As S_M said, all of us recognise the situation could have been handled differently and we will be continuing our dialogue with the club.

Common sense will prevail in the end. The club values the support being generated from the Black Bank. Players and PD have commented positively about the fans getting behind the team. Long may that continue.

I'm confused Baz, who are you posting on behalf of, who are "we"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 02, 2015, 11:38:39 am by Filo »
On the actual atmosphere and noise created by the black bank. As I've stated before that was the only pre season game I've been to, my first thoughts were wow! They got some noise going, it will be so much noisier when more are in there when the season begins, fair play to the lads in there that are trying. Then the flag incident happens and all of a sudden we have the "f**k the VSC " andf**k the IRA chants, why? I just don't understand the thought process behind them, unless someone has concrete evidence that the VSC or the IRA were behind the flag confiscation.

Keep on trying boys, but if you want the support of every fan you need to cut out the divisive chants and encourage everyone to be as one, united we stand, divided we fall!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on August 02, 2015, 11:41:36 am by bobjimwilly »

I'm confused Baz, who are you posting on behalf of, who are "we"

I think Baz is referring to the fan panel

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on August 02, 2015, 11:56:02 am by Askern_reds »
Am I correct in saying the km as got cctv? if so can the actions of fans and stewards be monitored all through a game, like yesterday fan ejected from the ground for nothing leaveing gb to appolagies so surely the steward should face sanctions for is or there actions infact if the lad had done nothing wrong should the steward involved be charged with assault if the shoe was on the other foot the fan would

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on August 02, 2015, 12:19:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sorry chaps. Yes, the fan panel.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 02, 2015, 01:49:06 pm by StocktonRover »
Just a thought on the flag - we stood in the west stand concourse before the game yesterday looking out into the car park.
A car pulled into the front row of the car park with German number plates on and out got a young women, an older women and a youngish child (8ish at a guess).

Just perhaps these were the family of our keeper? I wonder how they would have viewed the flag?

Anyway - from my seat in the northern end of the west stand I must congratulate the black bank for making a noise that can clearly be heard significantly better than that of last season.

Keep up the good work lads land hopefully on Saturday the numbers will swell to further improve the atmosphere

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on August 02, 2015, 02:00:01 pm by Filo »
Sorry chaps. Yes, the fan panel.

Thanks Baz

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on August 02, 2015, 03:44:12 pm by Donnywolf »
On a recent black bank songs thread someone reminded us of the old song
"Who's that tw*t in the big black hat, scuffer, scuffer etc.

I am sure many of us older fans remember that ***

In view of recent events perhaps the updated version could be

"Who's that scroat in the orange coat, steward, steward".

*** On the Beat all day on the Wife all night (no cant remember that !)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on August 03, 2015, 12:23:39 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
By the way, the stewards also need to be sorted out before next week because they appear to be most of the trouble.

Can echo this. I drifted off for literally 2 minutes during the Rotherham game last pre-season, before I know it I was accused of being drunk and disorderly and turfed out by 4 stewards, coat partially ripped and grabbed by the throat. Put up a good fight like, SMC though complete set of fcukwits.

Pissed up/drugged up people who kick off in nightclubs don't even get that kind of treatment off bouncers, why football fans eh?

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on August 03, 2015, 01:36:53 pm by Askern_reds »
that's why cctv footage should be available to anny fan who's got a problem concerning stewards if they ask for it and vice versa

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on August 03, 2015, 01:56:39 pm by wing commander »
  In truth you would have to agree with what has been said about faults on both party's..Firstly there has been a lot of work done by the guys at Black bank.They have got together and put a lot of work into this to get it off the ground with promising results so far..I've had many conversations and disagreements with Sad Al but nobody can fault the effort he has put into this,but I'm sure even he will admit he tends to push the boundarys on occasions...As for the club,it just isn't acceptable to have stewards behaving in the manner and attitude that has happened here..Throwing Neil out because he was upset with the way stewards went about things is very poor...Hopefully it will get sorted out...
    On a final point I have to agree with Filo,i have a lot of admiration for the initiative these guys have shown,but if I have to listen to "f88k the vsc" chants every week I will soon lose that and so will many others..The vsc have done fantastic work over the years,most of which they don't understand as they are so young..The IRA chants are just ridiculous and again something they have no knowledge about the true horrors and for anyone over the age of 21 it does them no favours..Apart from that they are achieving something I doubted they could if im honest so I hope they can put that to one side and move forward because that's the biggest danger to it failing...

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on August 03, 2015, 04:26:33 pm by Spud »
Sums it up spot on for me that, Wing Commander.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on August 03, 2015, 05:41:16 pm by Muttley »
that's why cctv footage should be available to anny fan who's got a problem concerning stewards if they ask for it and vice versa

Under the Data Protection Act, any holder of CCTV footage of an individual has to provide that footage on request (although they can charge an admin fee of, I think, 10 quid).

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on August 03, 2015, 05:46:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
snip

Well said, good points. I think it would also be useful to remember that not everyone stood in the black bank area is necessarily one and the same as, or associated with, the people who are organising it.

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on August 03, 2015, 07:44:26 pm by walter the red »
I sit in the South Stand and am 73 years old-i thought the lads singing/chanting were terrific and the drummer-what a leader !
It's a long time since i heard our supporters make noise like that !
I had to laugh when someone must have said something about "we've got a big f***ing German " and they instantly changed it to "we've go a big "frigging " German "-Why not be like Mrs.Brown and sing "fecking " !
The quick humour of those lads is amazing -as soon as the lad was ejected they sang "we want our Neil back ,we want our Neil back " !!!
All in all the atmosphere was terrific ( for a friendly ! ) can't wait till Bury game to hear what they come up with .
On a more serious side i would hope Mr.Stuckman and his family were not upset by the BFG chanting .

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on August 03, 2015, 08:33:51 pm by bobjimwilly »
Good post by wing commander. The club have made a cock up on this occasion, but they must be commended overall for allowing the fan panels initially to discuss the idea of a singing section, and then allowing the black bank to take the idea forward. The boys who used to sit in the west stand have made a massive difference and the drummer at the middlesbrough game was fantastic.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on August 03, 2015, 08:50:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Good post by wing commander. The club have made a cock up on this occasion, but they must be commended overall for allowing the fan panels initially to discuss the idea of a singing section, and then allowing the black bank to take the idea forward. The boys who used to sit in the west stand have made a massive difference and the drummer at the middlesbrough game was fantastic.

Tbh  wouldn't even blame the club as such, the stadium safety officer/crowd control/head steward/cctv guvnor whatever he's called (although now employed  by the club) is the one that is responsible for a matchday decisions he's the one that perhaps needs pulling by the club to loosen up a bit.

Even though I disagree with the whole of the South becoming unreserved how it did, I must admit the atmosphere is better and hopefully in future minus the the daft ira/vsc chants
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:54:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on August 03, 2015, 09:15:20 pm by Askern_reds »
personaly I can't wait for Saturday, I'm hopeing the black bank is in full song and I want to see the reaction of the stewards and then I wana see there reaction when the big boys come to town, yes leeds let's see how they Cary out there duties against one of bestcrews in England,  think a few of them will av to change there boxes

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on August 03, 2015, 09:41:45 pm by RedJ »
Having only read about 60% of the thread, I believe the word "f**king" comes into the chant as a reference to the acronym "BFG".

Or that's what I've been told by an Arsenal fan regarding theirs for Mertesacker.

Not arsed about it either way, for the record.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on August 03, 2015, 10:18:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is the most excited if been about an opening game since we made our debut in the Championship.

I really think this could be the start of turning things around off an on the pitch.

I have an idea of what to expect from the Black Bank on Saturday. Given the 'practice' we've had in the friendlies, it could be a special day.

Come on PD and the boys, please do your bit! Let's all do our bit. Goals and 3 points will be intoxicating!

COYR!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on August 03, 2015, 10:34:22 pm by wilts rover »
personaly I can't wait for Saturday, I'm hopeing the black bank is in full song and I want to see the reaction of the stewards and then I wana see there reaction when the big boys come to town, yes leeds let's see how they Cary out there duties against one of bestcrews in England,  think a few of them will av to change there boxes

Why have we never played Leeds at home before?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on August 03, 2015, 10:36:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
This is the most excited if been about an opening game since we made our debut in the Championship.

I really think this could be the start of turning things around off an on the pitch.

I have an idea of what to expect from the Black Bank on Saturday. Given the 'practice' we've had in the friendlies, it could be a special day.

Come on PD and the boys, please do your bit! Let's all do our bit. Goals and 3 points will be intoxicating!

COYR!

I think it will be a special atmosphere on Saturday. I will be contributing. If I can get a seat that is! I reckon the SS with be packed.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on August 03, 2015, 10:41:00 pm by Askern_reds »

Why have we never played Leeds at home before?
yes we have wilts but we avnt come up against stewards acting like this?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on August 03, 2015, 10:46:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It'll be alright on the night! Teething problems, that's all !!!!

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on August 03, 2015, 11:03:58 pm by Orlandokarla »
I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere over the 5 pages of this thread that the BFG chants have been used at the Emirates for years, and Mertesacker loves it.
I'm assuming some must be missing the Roald Dahl reference not to see the funny side of it.
You're being far too precious if you're offended by a tongue-in-cheek chant like that. F-this and F-that is usually used in a far less lighthearted manner.

I agree with those against the IRA/VSC chants though; both are completely uncalled for.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on August 12, 2015, 10:09:37 pm by bobjimwilly »
Club have released a flag policy for anyone thinking about taking their own flags to Rovers games.
Can be downloaded here: http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/documents/flags110-2613040.pdf

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on August 12, 2015, 10:25:04 pm by Filo »
Is this in conjunction with the fans panel?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on August 13, 2015, 04:44:43 am by hoolahoop »
Club have released a flag policy for anyone thinking about taking their own flags to Rovers games.
Can be downloaded here: http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/documents/flags110-2613040.pdf

So basically they don't want any homemade flags, want to tie up the stewards with long inspections , check for fire-retardancy etc etc. fellas you will be asked to take your shoes off next , have your hoodies, sweaters, undies checked for fire retardancy etc.

Basically forget a decent show on the day, wtf has got into them..............at least stock up on what could be used in the club shop before introducing such a draconian policy. They are doing their damnedest to make it sterile again aren't they ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012