Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:33:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturdays Attendance  (Read 13335 times)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: Saturdays Attendance
« Reply #60 on April 17, 2024, 10:10:37 am by drfcsteve »
I can never get my head around the who cares attitude on the catering. We all want what’s best for the club and catering is a total win win. Better experience for fans and the club gets to coin it in with massive mark ups on a captive audience.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 17, 2024, 10:19:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I have been to lots of grounds where one end has been split 50/50 with fans of both teams in there, with a small segregation area of course.
Why couldn’t we do the same if there was enough demand for tickets.

We do, and have.

We've all gone soft concerning ourselves about trivial things that the club can deal with.

Thank goodness we're not at Belle Vue where you were lucky to find a bucket to p*ss in. Appreciate what we have, rather than what we don't. The match day experience at the Eco is tons better than days of old.

If the catering copes reasonably well then that's a cherry on top, but  let's not lose sight of the main event on the pitch and do our jobs as supporters to help the boys get over the line. 

Relatively speaking, the profit from catering is small by comparison to the extra tickets sold. It's not about a who cares attitude, it's about perspective.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 17, 2024, 10:28:25 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I have been to lots of grounds where one end has been split 50/50 with fans of both teams in there, with a small segregation area of course.

There won’t be the demand

Agreed, but the sales look really strong. What's our highest league 2 home attendance?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 17, 2024, 10:32:41 am by Mike_F »
Baz, I absolutely appreciate the massive step-on in terms of general "match day experience" but to a first-time attendee who is used to clean and functioning toilets it's irrelevant how bad the facilities were at Belle Vue. There are simple and very cheap fixes that can be put in place to make the experience better for everyone. Are they the be all and end all? Absolutely not. The performance and result on the pitch are by far the most important things but to dismiss the peripheral components of the experience does the customers (and I use that word rather than "fans" or "supporters" who will turn up through thick and thin) a disservice.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 17, 2024, 10:40:58 am by Butchers Red »
According to DRFC site now just 1150 tickets left for Saturday

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 17, 2024, 10:43:09 am by TonySoprano »
196 left for the black bank. Probably be gone by end of play tonight.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 17, 2024, 10:46:43 am by normal rules »

There won’t be the demand

Agreed, but the sales look really strong. What's our highest league 2 home attendance?

As it stands there are 4 blocks in the east stand and three blocks in the west not even up
For sale currently. That’s just about the equivalent of the whole south stand .

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 17, 2024, 10:57:04 am by Mike_F »
So by my maths we've probably sold just shy of 8k home tickets so far. I reckon we'll get to about 9k home tickets by Saturday then whoever rocks up on the day. Add in maybe 300 away fans. Total gate prediction 9580.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 17, 2024, 11:32:12 am by graingrover »
Most significant point is thst of Mike Fellows .

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 17, 2024, 11:33:26 am by sf9944 »

We do, and have.

We've all gone soft concerning ourselves about trivial things that the club can deal with.

Thank goodness we're not at Belle Vue where you were lucky to find a bucket to p*ss in. Appreciate what we have, rather than what we don't. The match day experience at the Eco is tons better than days of old.

If the catering copes reasonably well then that's a cherry on top, but  let's not lose sight of the main event on the pitch and do our jobs as supporters to help the boys get over the line. 

Relatively speaking, the profit from catering is small by comparison to the extra tickets sold. It's not about a who cares attitude, it's about perspective.

Respectfully I couldn't disagree more with this.  I think its a complacent attitude and presupposes that what is important to you when coming to a game is important to everyone else.  The fact is that first impressions and appearances do matter.  Added to that, the suggestions that Mike is making are very easy to do.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 17, 2024, 11:34:14 am by graingrover »
I have bought into the 100 idea in favour of my old Primary school at Dunsville .It does not need to be restricted to businesses .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 17, 2024, 11:44:58 am by normal rules »
I have bought into the 100 idea in favour of my old Primary school at Dunsville .It does not need to be restricted to businesses .

Nice touch matey.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 17, 2024, 11:58:09 am by Mike_F »

We do, and have.

Respectfully I couldn't disagree more with this.  I think its a complacent attitude and presupposes that what is important to you when coming to a game is important to everyone else.  The fact is that first impressions and appearances do matter.  Added to that, the suggestions that Mike is making are very easy to do.

So easy in fact that if I still lived in Donny I'd ring the club and offer to nip down with some filler, a tin of paint and a catering pack of hand soap to do it myself!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 17, 2024, 11:59:05 am by Pancho Regan »
Baz, I absolutely appreciate the massive step-on in terms of general "match day experience" but to a first-time attendee who is used to clean and functioning toilets it's irrelevant how bad the facilities were at Belle Vue. There are simple and very cheap fixes that can be put in place to make the experience better for everyone. Are they the be all and end all? Absolutely not. The performance and result on the pitch are by far the most important things but to dismiss the peripheral components of the experience does the customers (and I use that word rather than "fans" or "supporters" who will turn up through thick and thin) a disservice.

Excellently put Mike, I agree 100%

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 17, 2024, 12:53:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

We do, and have.

You mistake my responses for complacency. As someone who's spent many an hour discussing the merits of the catering  and facilities in meetings with Centreplate and the club in the past, I can assure you I'm accutely aware of the issues we've faced, and will continue to face as customers.

All I know is, there are good people at the club who do care and will be working on an ongoing basis to work on the priorities, including trying to do the best to accommodate as many folk as possible on Saturday. I trust them to get on with it. It's not my responsibility however, and when I go to sleep Friday night and wake up Saturday, I won't be worrying myself how many pies or pints we sell or whether I'll get one because this occasion will hopefully be remembered for other reasons which in turn, will bring more people back going forward.

If you feel inclined to bring some soap, some filler or set up a tea and coffee stand, or offer your services to the club, feel free.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 17, 2024, 02:33:11 pm by Butchers Red »
So at this moment in time, the East stand is far fuller than the West with just 140 seats left compared to 703 still available on the West and 104 left on the South.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 17, 2024, 02:43:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Looks like a chance of some sun on Saturday. These new attendees are going to have a shock in the East Stand if so.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 17, 2024, 02:53:26 pm by normal rules »
So at this moment in time, the East stand is far fuller than the West with just 140 seats left compared to 703 still available on the West and 104 left on the South.

Hospitality is sold out so that will account for a few seats in the East stand
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:01:25 pm by normal rules »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 17, 2024, 02:57:00 pm by Michael Shaw »
The atmosphere will be electric and I only wish I could be there. Won't get back from Lake Buena Vista, Orlando until Monday. I have faith we will win 14 in a row by the end of the playoffs.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 17, 2024, 03:22:05 pm by Nudga »
The atmosphere will be electric and I only wish I could be there. Won't get back from Lake Buena Vista, Orlando until Monday. I have faith we will win 14 in a row by the end of the playoffs.

Part timer

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 17, 2024, 03:31:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The atmosphere at the Wrexham game was one of the best I can remember for a while and that was backed up with great support for the team last Saturday so, once the crowd get going it will indeed be Eco Electric! Even the West Stand barmy army joined in!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 17, 2024, 03:42:05 pm by philsky »

I’m gutted too. Paul Weller @ Aylesbury. Here’s hoping for a last minute sore throat

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 17, 2024, 05:03:25 pm by Chris the Rover »
38 tickets left in South Stand. Looking very good for a big attendance.

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 17, 2024, 05:43:40 pm by old lad »
Block E3 has just been opened up (260 seats) so East stand has now 314 available. Block W30 (253 left)has been opened since I bought my tickets. I didn’t realise this is how it would work so I’ve got my 4 tickets quite low down, when if I had known to wait I could have got better ones higher up.Ah well at least we will be there

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 17, 2024, 05:48:05 pm by Nudga »
Black Bank SOLD OUT

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 17, 2024, 05:51:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Block E3 has just been opened up (260 seats) so East stand has now 314 available. Block W30 (253 left)has been opened since I bought my tickets. I didn’t realise this is how it would work so I’ve got my 4 tickets quite low down, when if I had known to wait I could have got better ones higher up.Ah well at least we will be there

Contact the ticket office and see if you can change them, they are very good with that

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 17, 2024, 05:59:54 pm by colincramb »
Looks like if we keep selling them that the barrow fans will be put in west half of the north stand and we will continue to sell to home fans in the east stand (potentially into north east corner?)until demand runs dry?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 17, 2024, 06:50:27 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Black Bank SOLD OUT

Website saying 62 left in S14

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 17, 2024, 06:51:31 pm by Nudga »
Black Bank SOLD OUT

Website saying 62 left in S14

Strange, they've just gone back on then.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 17, 2024, 07:00:08 pm by colincramb »
Does that all the time. I really would take the web sales with a pinch of salt

TinyPortal © 2005-2012