Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:19:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Any News on Mandeville?  (Read 2228 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Any News on Mandeville?
« on March 02, 2017, 07:11:40 am by Alan Southstand »
I thought he was only supposed to be out for a couple of weeks?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Any News on Mandeville?
« Reply #1 on March 02, 2017, 07:31:16 am by Donnywolf »
On Manderville NO

We did go through a Thread re Injuries back in October which I post here BUT we never got any further. The Official Sites for most NFL Teams have an injury "roster" and it shows who is injured / why / how long for etc

We could as was suggested do summat similar ?

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=258972.msg660195#msg660195

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 02, 2017, 07:41:20 am by Alan Southstand »
I agree DW. There was good news released on McCullough the other day, so why not tell us about the others at the same time? We're good at handing out good news but not on progress, or otherwise, with other players. Still no further news, e.g., on ATS and he was supposed to be back training and in about the same position as McSheffrey. Maybe they don't want all and sundry knowing what the position is with our squad?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 02, 2017, 07:46:01 am by Donnywolf »
I am unsure why the Club dont do it but here is one from Green Bay Packers and last time I looked there were better ones. You can select from the drop down box top left any week and so see the top man listed in week 1 is still out in week 17.

If the Club dont want one it was suggested that we could do a dedicated Thread on here updating / adding the bits we know or find out

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 02, 2017, 08:27:44 am by roversdude »
DW I think that somebody has mentioned before that website is a package for EFL clubs
I totally agree with your thoughts on this and Rovers being a customer should be able to dictate how a website looks

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 02, 2017, 09:07:33 am by RoversAlias »
I am unsure why the Club dont do it but here is one from Green Bay Packers and last time I looked there were better ones. You can select from the drop down box top left any week and so see the top man listed in week 1 is still out in week 17.

If the Club dont want one it was suggested that we could do a dedicated Thread on here updating / adding the bits we know or find out

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

The key difference between the NFL and our football is that NFL teams have an active roster of 53 players, far more than a football team and they use most of them in each game. Plus, it is of course a much more physical sport so there tend to be a lot of injuries.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 02, 2017, 09:20:21 am by glosterred »
I agree with giving info on long term injuries, but giving information on short term injuries, when a player could or could not be playing, is just helping the opposition in the up coming game to plan their tactic against us.

COYR

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 02, 2017, 10:18:08 am by Syme »
I agree glosterred, I don't really see the point of updating people in general on the injury status of a player.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 02, 2017, 11:24:03 am by The Red Baron »
From something I read a few days ago he was due to be available for Saturday but he's going to be another week. Maybe ok for the Cheltenham game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 02, 2017, 03:27:32 pm by steve@dcfd »
From Paul Goodwin tweets

Liam Mandeville (ankle) still not ready. Darren Ferguson hopes to have him back for Cheltenham game. #drfc

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 02, 2017, 04:31:26 pm by RedRover »
It could be a blessing in disguise that he's out as in terms of attacking play we're aren't really suffering because of his absence. It also means Fergie doesn't have a tough decision on who to leave out, and while he's not playing he's not being watched by other teams which improves the clubs chances of keeping hold of him for another season or getting him to sign a new contract.

Having said that all that I'm pragmatist, and as we doing alright without him, why not cash in and put the money to use elsewhere like strengthening defensively or improving the academy.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 02, 2017, 05:55:57 pm by glosterred »
Wondering, if fit would you play Mandeville instead of Alfie May? I wouldn't now I've seen them both play.

COYR

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2017, 06:24:38 pm by grayx »
Wondering, if fit would you play Mandeville instead of Alfie May? I wouldn't now I've seen them both play.

COYR
On tuesdays performance, definitely NOT..
I was really impressed with young Alfie, caused Cambridge no end of problems and his work rate was first class. I thought our performance dropped when he went off.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012