Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:02:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mondays Ref  (Read 2365 times)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: Mondays Ref
« Reply #30 on May 07, 2024, 07:14:50 am by drfcsteve »
I can see how those in the ground got caught up in the atmosphere and didn’t think he was giving stuff our way, but watching on TV and seeing the replays etc he was much much better than what we’ve had all season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 07, 2024, 09:34:33 am by ForsolongaRover »
I can see how those in the ground got caught up in the atmosphere and didn’t think he was giving stuff our way, but watching on TV and seeing the replays etc he was much much better than what we’ve had all season.

There were no significant injuries as a result of tackles and he handed out just 1 yellow card which is exceptional. He did “let a lot go”, and it’s not easy to take a neutral stance, but I did not come away thinking that we had suffered discrimination. I don’t think that any decisions which might have been borderline would have led to goals, there were no serious injuries and I cannot recall any major confrontations with players over decisions, all reasonable tests.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 07, 2024, 09:56:29 am by Dutch Uncle »

There were no significant injuries as a result of tackles and he handed out just 1 yellow card which is exceptional. He did “let a lot go”, and it’s not easy to take a neutral stance, but I did not come away thinking that we had suffered discrimination. I don’t think that any decisions which might have been borderline would have led to goals, there were no serious injuries and I cannot recall any major confrontations with players over decisions, all reasonable tests.

The zero yellow count is important because IIRC two yellows in semi means a ban for the final. We have no-one on one yellow worried about that in the second leg.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 07, 2024, 10:09:44 am by Chris Black come back »
More excellent insight Dutch. Like a factual one armed bandit where every pull of the handle delivers a guaranteed fact jackpot.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 07, 2024, 10:17:15 am by Mike_F »
I thought he was pretty poor overall. Not the worst I've seen this season by a long chalk but not great either. I have no problem with letting the game flow; that's how I referee too but there were a few odd decisions made/not made.

The one that really stands out for me: When Lo-Tutala had the ball in his hands and their forward kicked out at him well after the ball was safely under control the ref had a strong word with Lo-Tutala for his reaction but didn't even speak to the forward who should've been booked for reckless play.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 07, 2024, 10:26:44 am by Dutch Uncle »
More excellent insight Dutch. Like a factual one armed bandit where every pull of the handle delivers a guaranteed fact jackpot.

Praise indeed from a poster who has always been excellent in research and analysis - thank you sir   :blush:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 07, 2024, 11:24:24 am by VivaRovers »
The push in the back on Sterry resulting in the attacker getting a run on goal was as clear a foul as youll see. Fortunately they didnt make the most of the chance.

Nah, Sterry goes looking for those all the time. Quick look behind him, get himself in front of the attacker, go down at any nudge of contact. Yeah, 90% of the time referees give them, but a valuable lesson to Sterry not to assume they always will.

I thought the ref gave two odd decisions in the whole game, but otherwise was really good. People around me in the ground seemed to decide he was terrible after appealing for a handball where their player fell over and headed it away from Adelakun on the deck, and then just got increasingly irate with him for every marginal decision that didn't go our way after that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012