Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:37:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jimmy Husband  (Read 2666 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Jimmy Husband
« on November 16, 2014, 08:29:37 am by jonnydog »
Good to see him at the game yesterday, and still showing a healthy interest in us as a club...

... Though he must have wondered what the f**k he was watching!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Jimmy Husband
« Reply #1 on November 16, 2014, 01:25:13 pm by newyankee »
Not really, he was part of the same shambles last season.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 16, 2014, 03:39:35 pm by bfdoncaster west »
why was it a shambles last season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 16, 2014, 04:13:13 pm by IDM »
why was it a shambles last season.

I think the "shambles" means our relegation..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 16, 2014, 09:39:29 pm by the vicar »
I think he might mean no points from the last 6 games

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2014, 01:02:23 am by newyankee »
No vicar I mean the Shambles of last season from beginning to end. The continuation this season is nothing more than mind boggling. All the talk of a small squad is ludicrous, yes it is small, but compared to many others it is full of talented players with expertise above League One standard. With a good manager and tactician we should be fighting for the top with Bristol City.

Someone in authority HAS to see what is going on and hopefully do something about it. If Dickov was the man many on here say he is then he should do this himself and resign.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2014, 06:52:43 am by bpoolrover »
Who are these players we have that should be fighting for top spot

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2014, 08:09:45 am by IDM »
Who are these players we have that should be fighting for top spot

Coppinger, Wellens, Forrester, Bennett, Tyson, Main, Robinson, McCombe and I would now add Johnstone and Butler.  All players who have played at championship level or who are capable of doing so.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2014, 09:05:33 am by bpoolrover »
Mcombe has been awful most of this season,Bennett has improved but very hit and miss,Robinson is very average Tyson better than I thought he would do but still very average,wellens been nowhere near his best and prob on his last legs,forrester on paper a excellent player but been poor in all bar a couple of games

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2014, 09:09:34 am by IDM »
Robinson was very popular at Derby in the championship, McCombe I am sure played for Bristol there as well as for us - he's no great footballer but has the experience and did OK on saturday.  Bennett isn't being played enough as he should be and Forrester is undoubtedly skillful but a loose cannon.

We do have the players, they need to be arranged and motivated etc...  The manager needs to turn this around..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2014, 09:12:28 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mcombe has been awful most of this season,Bennett has improved but very hit and miss,Robinson is very average Tyson better than I thought he would do but still very average,wellens been nowhere near his best and prob on his last legs,forrester on paper a excellent player but been poor in all bar a couple of games

Perhaps a new manager will kick start it for Wellens and Forrester?

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 17, 2014, 09:16:10 am by roversam »
Mccombe is awful and theo is average! Do you actually go to the games br.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 17, 2014, 09:17:56 am by IDM »
Mccombe is awful and theo is average! Do you actually go to the games br.

My point is different sam - those players are good enough, they are just not performing enough at the moment. Would a new manager make it better?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 17, 2014, 09:20:27 am by wing commander »
  I actually thought Mccombe was one of our better players on Saturday..He was more effective than Wellens,who I thought was abysmal from beginning to end.People can go on all they like about how good he is but our midfield is second best in most games I've seen this season..

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 17, 2014, 09:25:38 am by The Red Baron »
  I actually thought Mccombe was one of our better players on Saturday..He was more effective than Wellens,who I thought was abysmal from beginning to end.People can go on all they like about how good he is but our midfield is second best in most games I've seen this season..

McCombe played well, I thought. Wellens- he was ineffective but he was in a midfield which was over-run from the off. Keegan offered little and the wide players never got into the game. Had De Val started that game, or even come on at the interval, I think you'd have seen a more effective Richie Wellens.

The last ten minutes, with Wellens trying to sit alongside the defence and play 50-yard Hail Marys to four strikers all in a line was painful to watch- real schoolyard stuff. You have to wonder at the tactical genius who thought that was a good idea.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 17, 2014, 09:27:46 am by IDM »
Wellens is such a good player that when he has an off day you really notice the difference.  Also, on saturday he barely had the ball apart from the last 15 minutes collecting it in front of the defence to try and make those long passes count.  We were chasing the game...

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 17, 2014, 09:44:40 am by Rios »
It's interesting that in his first spell here he was the dogsbody for the playmaker (Stock) and now everyone, including Dickov seems to think he's now magically turned into that playmaker.  Yes he can pass the ball, but it was very telling in the last few minutes when SheffU packed behind the ball leaving Wellens with massive amounts of space in midfield for that killer ball that it never even looked remotely like happening.  We're struggling because we don't create enough and our defence is weak.  Whether that's the players not being good enough or the manager not being good enough to get it out of them is debatable.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 17, 2014, 09:46:40 am by IDM »
I think in that part of the game, there wasn't a decent position to pass too, apart from hit and hope.

What Wellens is good at, is that killer pass during the normal flow of the game, not when it is the last few minutes of desperation with McCombe up front etc.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 17, 2014, 09:47:38 am by GazLaz »
Keegan has been as bad as anyone this season. Massive hangover from the way we were relegated.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 17, 2014, 10:36:54 pm by dickos1 »
Robinson and mcCombe are certainly not good enough to play in the championship.
Doesn't matter if they've played their before, mike newell played in the premiership but I'm not sure there were many premiership clubs clambering to belle vue to sign him up and get him back to that level.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012