Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:06:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Palace game  (Read 1306 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Palace game
« on March 25, 2012, 12:31:03 am by Dare to dream! »
massive, if we win then theres a bit of a hope that we may stay up if we loose then we are down

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Palace game
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2012, 08:01:20 am by Crowle Rover »
Got to agree there.

I've been optimistic for the last couple of months but anything less than 3 points on Tuesday and its Goodnight Vienna.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2012, 08:09:56 am by CusworthRovers »
The immediate damage was done in the 2 recent home games. They came out of the blue and totally un-expected. Although to be honest I'm very mad at myself for expecting us to win those 2 games. I'd given myself false belief and allowed myself to be optimistic by letting my heart rule my head.

Dear Doctor,

It all started when I was a small boy and I struggled to make friends. I was forced to wear my older sisters knickers as we were poor............etc etc

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2012, 09:34:20 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=229416
The immediate damage was done in the 2 recent home games. They came out of the blue and totally un-expected. Although to be honest I'm very mad at myself for expecting us to win those 2 games. I'd given myself false belief and allowed myself to be optimistic by letting my heart rule my head.

Dear Doctor,

It all started when I was a small boy and I struggled to make friends. I was forced to wear my older sisters knickers as we were poor............etc etc

Dear Cussie,

There`s no need to worry, that`s normal behaviour for people brought up in Thorne, it even happens today

Much love  Doctor Feelgood!

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2012, 09:47:36 am by ctay »
I think the last two homes killed us. Think we are doomed now to be honest...but we have to keep hoping.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2012, 09:58:56 am by roverstillidie91 »
Its our last game in hand on all the other teams above us

except Forest who i think should be alright

a win could be crucial tomorrow

lets just hope we pull of the unexpected, more hope than expectation and all that.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2012, 10:51:50 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You just know we'll probably win tomorrow after those two rubbish home games we were improved on Saturday for the first 60 or so minutes, the goal really killed us, but we have still a chance.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2012, 11:15:29 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
As John Cleese said in 'Clockwise':

\"It's not the despair.  I can live with the despair.  Its the hope that gets me.\"

We will win tomorrow, just to raise hopes and then get battered at the weekend.  Its the traditional Rovers way.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2012, 01:59:32 pm by RedJ »
I know it's probably ludicrous to maintain hope considering the odds we face - deluded, I've been called - but I've seen us defy the odds before, and I've seen us do things the hard way every time. I can't say I firmly believe we'll stay up, but to put a bit of a spin on Penney's old philosophy -

\"we can still mathematically reach safety\".

Until the day comes that that's no longer true, I'll hold onto my hope.

Win tonight and it's game on.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2012, 02:00:01 pm by ditch_drfc »
To be honest, I think we're already down. I'm just going to accept it and enjoy the rest of our time in the championship, I mean, we might not ever see it again. If we stay up it's a bonus. I'd suggest just enjoying championship status for the little time we have left.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012