Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:20:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just thought i would let you all know  (Read 2934 times)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
Just thought i would let you all know
« on March 25, 2012, 02:34:11 pm by Wild Rover »
I absolutly hate the Keepmoat Stadium. Wife asked why i pick and choose games which i attend, i went through a whole raft of reasons, dont like this style, dont like that style, dont like this manager, dont like that manager, players crap, players dont give a toss, etc etc.

Then having a few things pointed out ( from a non biased perspective ), it became very clear the main reason i pick and choose is i actually hate the Stadium.

So i wondered am i alone, or are there many.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Just thought i would let you all know
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2012, 02:37:08 pm by RedJ »
I don't like it either, looks terribly boring and the acoustics are a bit naff (although our lack of any atmosphere doesn't particularly help).

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2012, 02:50:38 pm by DRFCTom »
Get that singing section sorted out near the away fans for next season! It could be pivotal in our league 1 season making as much noise as possible!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2012, 03:14:47 pm by Wild Rover »
Its not the accoustics, nor the singing, its more the ticketing arrangement, where you are allocated a seat that does my little brain in. Anyone who knows me ( Bradford Exile, Donny Dub, The Vicar and a few more), knows i am not a slim person, and the amount of times i have been \"Stuck\" between two even larger folk beggers belief. I have tried changing seats a few times ( once game has started, to try to avoid sitting in someones seat ), only to be told by \"Stewards\" to sit in allocated seat. Why is beyond me.
Oh for the days you went where you liked ( within reason ), at BV when you had paid your dues.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2012, 03:29:07 pm by Dimples-D »
I wouldn't say I hate it, but I am not really keen on it.. There are some pretty poor views from some of the seats I have been in.
I would love to rip out the seats in South Stand. I miss the standing at BV, with who you want, where you want.

About moving to seats no allocated to you. I know a couple of blokes who go in the East Stand who buy the cheapest tickets close to the corners. They stand near the front until the teams are about to kick off and just go and sit in an empty seat near the halfway line. They have never been stopped for the past 3 or 4 years doing so.
Obviously this is a problem if we sell out the stadium, but we never do.

Keith Myath

« Reply #5 on March 25, 2012, 03:36:24 pm by Keith Myath »
Bad views??? Where exactly. I'm not exactly proud of the kms but as a facility for watching football it's top not notch!

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2012, 03:39:20 pm by Dimples-D »
Quote from: \"Keith Myath\" post=229475
Bad views??? Where exactly. I'm not exactly proud of the kms but as a facility for watching football it's top not notch!

West Stand.. blocked by the fences etc ..i think it is the raised bit, maybe for disabled or whatever. I cant remember exactly as it was a few seasons ago. If you had sat there you would know what I mean.
I only sat there once and made sure I never did again..

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2012, 03:42:11 pm by The Beast »
Rip out 2 blocks of seating on the East Stand and make it terracing, get some banter going.
I know what every one'll say; you can't, health and safety, Taylor report blah de blah de blah.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2012, 03:44:34 pm by Donnywolf »
you can't, health and safety, Taylor report blah de blah de blah.

pubteam

« Reply #9 on March 25, 2012, 03:44:58 pm by pubteam »
It'd benefit from having a whack off terrace behind the South Stand goal.

Never gonna happen though, unfortunately.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2012, 04:37:41 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=229479

Never gonna happen though, unfortunately.

Don't be so sure!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2012, 04:38:17 pm by Mr1Croft »
Silent_Majority knows more on 'Safe Standing' than most in the Country do. But from my understanding seating is no more safer than standing. Of all the factors listed in the Taylor report (and god weren't they loads?) standing was one of them. But I do believe that the FSF are making progress with their Safe Standing but I doubt it will ever be anything like what we had at BV.

You can view the Safe Standing campaign here

EDIT: I must have wrote this at the same time as SM wrote his response. Apologies...

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2012, 04:43:04 pm by Mr1Croft »
As for my feelings towards the Keepmoat, think back to how it was in school. You went there to see your mates and teachers, they were some people you genuinely cared about but if the fire alarm went off everyone ran outside with a little excitement hoping to see the school on fire.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2012, 07:53:56 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Its like all new grounds

no atmosphere, too far away from the pitch which doesnt help, souless and they have no character

prefer Shrewsburys new ground where they have 4 seperate stands to be honest

i dont get why people always say about having terraced sections.. just look at Portsmouth. All seater yet create a great atmosphere.

Its the new stadiums

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2012, 08:22:23 pm by JonWallsend »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=229479

If the cost is covered by your ticket price, then I could see that definitely enticing people in. ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2012, 12:02:54 am by RobTheRover »
Personally I couldnt give a chuff about it one way or the other.  I go to watch the match, not fret over a £19m structure that allows it to happen.

And moaning that he atmosphere is crap there has nothing to do with the stadium either - its the silent buggers that sit in it.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2012, 09:11:49 am by ditch_drfc »
I personally really like the stadium. It's a stadium fit for Championship football. Don't get me wrong, i loved Belle Vue. But I also love the Keepmoat

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2012, 09:58:36 am by sedwardsdrfc »
if there wasent any flood lights you would think it was a wharehouse. the designers really thought outside the box on that one even if they dident have the money. lack of atmosphere cannot be wholly blamed on the stadium though the boring arse supporters who refuse to join in are

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2012, 10:04:15 am by roverstillidie91 »
In all new stadiums the atmosphere is crap

just look at Arsenal at the emirates and full every game

not half as good as at Highbury

Be good if people user their imagination and creativity before building a new ground

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2012, 10:47:20 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
IMO it needs some of the Belle Vue style branding on the outside, IE big material images on the outside of the stadium that you can see on the way past.

In reality this can't happen until Rovers have control but when this does happen I really hope the club think about putting some proper branding on the outside it'd make it look much more appealing.  The signage looks good but there's too much white and grey all round the ground, get some Rovers theming on there and it would look much better.  THis may be also something the VSC could play a role in?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2012, 01:08:18 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=229594
IMO it needs some of the Belle Vue style branding on the outside, IE big material images on the outside of the stadium that you can see on the way past.

In reality this can't happen until Rovers have control but when this does happen I really hope the club think about putting some proper branding on the outside it'd make it look much more appealing.  The signage looks good but there's too much white and grey all round the ground, get some Rovers theming on there and it would look much better.  THis may be also something the VSC could play a role in?

Totally agree with all this, and I'm sure the VSC will let the club know what the fans are wanting once the stadium is ours :)

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2012, 01:11:44 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
The stadium is too clinical, the stewards are arses the PR guy is rubbish other than that great...not

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2012, 02:07:34 pm by RedJ »
I seem to remember we painted boards red and white at OBV - or is that my mind playing tricks on me and just wanting us to do that anyway? :P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012