Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:20:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Table is shaping up  (Read 5518 times)

Getridorit

• Forum Member
Re: Table is shaping up
« Reply #30 on March 02, 2021, 09:24:59 pm by Getridorit »
It's about a sense of perspective.

We weren't actually as good as our results suggested in Dec/Jan.

We weren't actually as bad as our results suggested in Feb.

Over the last 17 matches though, we have picked up 34 points. I'll settle for that sort of form overall over the final 17 games, even if that spell includes a run of 1 point from 15.
Yes definitely.
I think it was quite strange how we had an 'easy' run of fixtures followed by very hard run.
Average them out and were OK

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 03, 2021, 12:25:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
It might not be a fact that you are only as good as your last game but it's a great hypothesis.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 03, 2021, 06:42:26 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s a weird table. Aside from a 7 point gap between Burton and Shrewsbury, no team anywhere in the table is more than a win away from overtaking the side above them. 

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 03, 2021, 07:05:59 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We could easily fall off a cliff. 2 games a week for 3 months with our squad will be incredibly tough. It's a crazy fixture list.
who knew?

Performances are key to it.  We'd been average for a bit.  But, play like we did last night and we could easily climb the table fast.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 03, 2021, 10:17:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We are where I thought we might be before the run of  the difficult 10 games, albeit I didn't believe our form would have dipped to the same degree but thankfully, other clubs have been indifferent too.

I expected to still be playing catch up, so nothings changed really. On paper the games through March present better opportunities than February but let's not kid ourselves, every game has to be a 'must win' game. Of course, we don't have to win every game but we must get back to averaging 2 points per game until the end of the season if we want to be successful.

Last night showed we have the desire, the talent and the nous however, our nerve will be tested when things go against us and we'll see how Butler guides us through to minimise the 'bad luck'.

I think we'll know by the end of this month whether Butler has the potential to be the permanent manager and whether this squad can fulfil its potential.

Game on!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 03, 2021, 10:38:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just reflecting on the last few games, I'm increasingly confident that we are back on track, despite the distraction of Moore's situation.

Second half against Hull, we wiped the floor with them.

Ipswich, who are in decent form were second best to us for most of the match, and their winner would have been disallowed if the ref had been alert.

Last night we comfortably outplayed one of our main rivals.

Hopefully, we have come through our blip and will consolidate the play-off position over the next few weeks.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 03, 2021, 10:43:51 am by Barmby Rover »
I agree BST, it will help the squad to have some "easier" games coming up. We can do without the trashing of our players though. Is there any news on Taylor and Sims after last night?

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 03, 2021, 12:12:02 pm by CJK »
Just to note some of the other teams fortunes; I see Jorge Grant at Lincoln is now injured and it could be for some time. Expect that to have a big impact on their form now.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 03, 2021, 12:48:03 pm by BobG »
Good. The penalty faker extraordinaire.

BobG

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 03, 2021, 01:01:33 pm by idler »
Good. The penalty faker extraordinaire.

BobG
A dive for every occasion.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 03, 2021, 02:01:43 pm by ravenrover »
Would be very nice if beating Posh twice at the end of the season meant we got the automatic and they end up in the playoffs

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 03, 2021, 02:05:20 pm by northern soul »
Would be very nice if beating Posh twice at the end of the season meant we got the automatic and they end up in the playoffs

I prefer to be in the position that we could lose both those games and still end in the automatics and they're in the playoffs. :-)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 03, 2021, 03:38:58 pm by RoversAlias »
It's all well and good looking at "easier games" on paper coming up, but our next two opponents both beat us earlier in the season, back-to-back in fact, so we need to just stick with it game by game and try to maintain consistency better than we have of late. We are very well placed and have a lot of talent available to the manager, so let's hope we can see it through and make the top six.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 03, 2021, 08:06:24 pm by drfchound »
Bang on RA, there are no easy games.
(Unless we hammer somebody of course but that would be knowing something with the benefit of hindsight).
I see Scunny won away against top of L2 Cambridge last night.
No doubt (some) Cambridge fans would have seen that as an easy win.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 03, 2021, 08:15:34 pm by NickDRFC »
There are no easy games but there are certainly easier ones. I’d rather be playing Plymouth and Crewe in the next two than Lincoln and Peterborough.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 03, 2021, 08:30:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The really good news is, we don't have to face Lincoln, Hull, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Sunderland again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012