Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:50:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget talks  (Read 26158 times)

Brian Young

• Forum Member
Re: Budget talks
« Reply #150 on May 05, 2018, 08:46:13 am by Brian Young »
So we can on record and say we have the biggest budget ever seen in league one on a par with Man City- wonder what would happen when Fergie showed interest in a player
A smaller squad with players less prone to injury would work. Think how big our squad is now with players we have had to take on to cover
he’d probably sing🎵 We're in the money, come on, my honey,
Let's lend it, spend it, send it rolling along!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on May 05, 2018, 09:02:58 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Didn't Bramall briefly step down during that time?

Yep. So much for the 'Had it worked, Bramall, Watson and Ryan would have shared the credit' attempted rewrite of history.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on May 05, 2018, 09:09:08 am by Bentley Bullet »
So why did Bramall step down then?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on May 05, 2018, 09:49:12 am by wilts rover »
Something to do with the Willie Mckay 'experiment' fiasco wasn't it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on May 05, 2018, 10:01:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
Didn't Bramall agree with the experiment initially?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on May 05, 2018, 10:57:08 am by silent majority »

No

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on May 05, 2018, 11:00:59 am by Cantley Rover »

No

But as a major shareholder he could have stopped it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on May 05, 2018, 11:20:30 am by RoversAlias »
I'm sick of hearing that we were "doomed anyway" when that experiment commenced. It was only 7 games into the season and we'd suffered three major injuries to first team players in the opening week of the season. Absolutely no proof that we were done for at all that early on. The experiment was a disgrace and I'm still not at the stage where I can forgive some of the people involved for what they did to our proud club that season.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on May 05, 2018, 11:34:41 am by silent majority »

No

The Chairman at the time was JR. Do you not now know how boards of companies work?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on May 05, 2018, 01:25:04 pm by RedJ »
I don't think the majority of people on here have any idea how business actually works, be it in football or otherwise.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on May 05, 2018, 01:40:20 pm by Wild Rover »
The Chairman Guides the Board
The chairman of the board is a part-time leader who manages the board’s business and activities and provides guidance and direction to other board members. The chairman, however, does not hold a managerial position over other board members. All members are considered peers; therefore, board decisions are not the sole responsibility of the chairman. The board, with the chairman at its head, holds the highest level of decision-making authority for the company, above that of the CEO.
The Difference in Authority
While the CEO can overrule decisions made by other executives and the board can overrule a CEO’s decisions, the chairman of the board can’t overrule either the CEO or the board. This key difference is based on the role of each leader. A CEO has authority over other executives because there is a clear leadership hierarchy. Other executives don’t select a CEO from among their ranks. A chairman of the board does not have authority over other board members because she is a peer to them. The board of directors selects a chairman from amongst its members.

That's a bit different to what you say SM. As was probably shown when SOD was dispensed with.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on May 05, 2018, 02:14:59 pm by silent majority »
I don't see how it's any different. The distinction being made was between shareholders and boards, not boards and CEO's.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on May 05, 2018, 02:27:46 pm by Brian Young »
Going by Evina Baudry Williams three good earners , along with the delay in confirming the budget it would appear DF is getting a budget to pay for what he’s got and not much else. Loans again then !!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on May 05, 2018, 02:38:14 pm by dickos1 »
Delay??
The season hasn’t even finished!

Those three being released doesn’t say to me we’re reducing the budget it says Fergie would rather spend that money elsewhere

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on May 05, 2018, 02:45:42 pm by Brian Young »
DF isn’t getting same as last season . That much is apparent . Loosing 3 big earners will not mean he gets that included this time around .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on May 05, 2018, 02:46:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Why haven't we signed anyone yet FFS. Fergie Out!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on May 05, 2018, 03:03:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Hopefully they'll amalgamate the National League South and North or I'll not get to any away games next season.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on May 05, 2018, 03:04:54 pm by Retdon1 »
DF isn’t getting same as last season . That much is apparent . Loosing 3 big earners will not mean he gets that included this time around .

How is it apparent. There has been nothing official reported, it’s just rumours up to now. Last week the rumours were that we was getting rid of copps. A few days later Fergie says he’s giving him a new deal.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on May 05, 2018, 03:06:04 pm by dickos1 »

It’s not apparent at all

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on May 05, 2018, 03:20:58 pm by RedJ »
Not sure how releasing Cedric Evina is any indication of anything other than the fact that he's shit.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on May 05, 2018, 03:32:40 pm by Wild Rover »
The chairman of the board is a part-time leader who manages the board’s business and activities and provides guidance and direction to other board members. The chairman, however, does not hold a managerial position over other board members. All members are considered peers; therefore, board decisions are not the sole responsibility of the chairman. The board, with the chairman at its head, holds the highest level of decision-making authority for the company, above that of the CEO.

So the Chairman cannot make a "my way or no way" decision .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on May 05, 2018, 03:34:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The only big loss is Baudry.

Evina - Shit.
Williams - OK but we know he's on a fair whack.
Alcock - Not been the same since his injury v Newcastle.
Baudry - Injury prone.

We could probably sign 5/6 quality players for what they're on and Copps wages should come down too with his age. Even if the budget only slightly goes up we should be OK.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on May 05, 2018, 03:35:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm sick of hearing that we were "doomed anyway" when that experiment commenced. It was only 7 games into the season and we'd suffered three major injuries to first team players in the opening week of the season. Absolutely no proof that we were done for at all that early on. The experiment was a disgrace and I'm still not at the stage where I can forgive some of the people involved for what they did to our proud club that season.

Would the experiment have been a disgrace if it had been successful?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on May 05, 2018, 03:47:03 pm by GazLaz »
I think Boudry wanted to leave, not a case of we didn’t want him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on May 05, 2018, 04:05:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Either way you would have him as one of top couple of earners, so some whack released now.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on May 05, 2018, 04:17:11 pm by silent majority »

So the Chairman cannot make a "my way or no way" decision .

You need to read what I wrote before you start correcting me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on May 05, 2018, 04:17:43 pm by RoversAlias »

Would the experiment have been a disgrace if it had been successful?

I hated it from day one so yes. My I'll feeling towards it wasn't because we went down. I didn't feel it was a necessary thing to do, smacked of complete desperation and was a huge slap in the face to SOD.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on May 05, 2018, 04:20:48 pm by idler »
One thing is for sure it did seem to split the board, the team and the fan base. The fall out from that was terrible and is still causing arguments today.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on May 05, 2018, 05:00:44 pm by Wild Rover »

No

The Chairman at the time was JR. Do you not now know how boards of companies work?

That's what you wrote Martin, insinuating Ryan had the where-with-all to do as he pleased, which plainly is not the case.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on May 05, 2018, 05:13:00 pm by Cantley Rover »

No

So whilst John Ryan was chairman with 33% were Terry Bramhall and Dick Watson not directors with 33% each?
A simple yes or no will do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012