Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:55:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergie and Andy Butler on radio Dee Dah  (Read 4125 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Fergie and Andy Butler on radio Dee Dah
« on April 25, 2017, 10:02:41 pm by selby »
They were both great tonight on the radio Dee Dah show.There could have been more supporters turn up,but those that did enjoyed the straight answers to their questions.
   Darren especially answered and explained why he had made some decisions on team selection,and came over as just an every day sort of guy who enjoyed where he worked and who for.
   I have attended similar meetings before,but none were as relaxed as tonight,including the radio guys who hosted the show very well.
   Thanks to everyone for a good nights entertainment.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Fergie and Andy Butler on radio Dee Dah
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2017, 10:20:16 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Bri
I listened in and can only agree with your comments. It came over really well and DF seemed very relaxed answering everyone's questions. He joked about Alfie's pomytail and came over as clearly wanting that title.
Well done all those who attended and Radio Sheffield.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2017, 10:22:32 pm by roversontheup »
Yes I went along too. It was better than I expected to be honest. Some good questions and as you said very informative and honest answers. I thought the Radio Sheffield guys ran it very well and it gave quite an insight to the workings of a radio show.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2017, 10:36:00 pm by selby »
After the meeting I asked Andy about the altercation he had on the halfway line  on Saturday.
  He showed me scratches on his cheekbone and said that the Wycombe payer was gouging his eye and face.
   Whats that all about. the ball was 30yds away at the time,I find that disgusting.
  If thats playing football the best of luck to them.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2017, 11:44:32 pm by Goole Rover »
Listened on line while on holiday, really enjoyed the debate, well done to all concerned.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2017, 10:09:29 am by DannyRovers »
Enjoyed it for the most part although I thought some of it was pretty negative baring in mind it was supposed to be a promotion celebration Q&A.

Would of been nice to hear more about favourite games/important goals etc. as apose to 'why didn't you play Wright again?' and 'When we going to sign a left winger?'

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2017, 10:35:33 am by the vicar »
If you was not there you can't comment, they said ask any questions we liked, and it was not a blowing smoke up each other's arses meeting like the meet the owners is. The questions asked was important to those that asked them, does not matter what you think, if you don't like it there is a off button, if you wanted any thing else maybe you should of been there to ask your self or use social media
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:40:22 am by the vicar »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2017, 10:46:45 am by Filo »
If you was not there you can't comment, they said ask any questions we liked, and it was not a blowing smoke up each other's arses meeting like the meet the owners is. The questions asked was important to those that asked them, does not matter what you think, if you don't like it there is a off button, if you wanted any thing else maybe you should of been there to ask your self or use social media

What does it feel like to be a superfan?

Should us lesser mortals book a day offwork to attend?

And if so, whats the point of broadcasting it over the radio if a superfan is telling everyone to switch it off?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2017, 10:50:44 am by idler »
You could ask questions via social media though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2017, 11:40:45 am by bobjimwilly »
if you wanted any thing else maybe you should of been there to ask your self or use social media

of course, those of us who live 100 miles away and are busy on an evening can't do either, so I best not comment...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2017, 12:41:28 pm by the vicar »

And if so, whats the point of broadcasting it over the radio if a superfan is telling everyone to switch it off?
did you like the show if so then what is your problem and it was not aimed at you

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2017, 12:55:08 pm by Filo »

did you like the show if so then what is your problem and it was not aimed at you

I was n't there "I can't comment"

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2017, 01:02:13 pm by DannyRovers »

I asked a few questions on twitter but no social media questions seemed to get read out.

Was you there? what questions did you ask?

Yes of course anyone could ask what they liked, I just thought maybe more positive questions would have got asked some of the time.

Like I said though, for the most part I enjoyed listening in.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2017, 01:06:33 pm by Jimmydee »
I wasn't there last night too, I did manage to listen in for the last 15 minutes and I will listen to the whole show on the Deedar site, I will be cringing if I hear that fella called Dave asking stupid questions though. He recons that the linesman told the ref that the Blackpool player was outside the box, he must have good hearing or good at lip reading from distances.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2017, 01:14:08 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Yes I can only agree on that one. Let's call it an own goal and move on.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2017, 02:29:14 pm by Jimmydee »
I have now listened to the show and I was surprised about DF's comments on the Checkatrade trophy, he enjoyed it for blooding in young players for the experience of playing higher opposition teams but none of the fans wanted us to play in that competition, I might look at that competition in a different attitude now even though I enjoyed our day at the Millenium stadium.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2017, 04:17:43 pm by selby »
I  thought that his idea of introducing a development squad next season was the most interesting of his quotes.
   That could be the best way to progress the younger players to first team standard.
   That and arranging second team friendlies at Cantley gives the whole squad the chance of game time and to impress the management team.
   That has got to be an improvement on recent seasons and keeps all the players involved.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2017, 04:24:38 pm by drfchound »
He also pointed out that the Derby U23 team had a forward line worth £30m,  not really and Under 23 team then was it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 26, 2017, 04:44:16 pm by The Red Baron »
He also pointed out that the Derby U23 team had a forward line worth £30m,  not really and Under 23 team then was it.

Very true. Strictly speaking they were Under 21 sides but they were allowed to field five or six overage players.

Given that we are probably stuck with the competition in its current format for next season one reasonable change would be to make it Under 23 with no overage players. I wonder if that is too simple for the EFL?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 26, 2017, 04:46:31 pm by drfchound »
It was quite ironic that a number of L1 and L2 clubs got fined for playing a team with too many juniors.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 26, 2017, 05:07:16 pm by selby »
When Blair, and I think it was  Andy Williams went off in the second half at Mansfield, we had one of the youngest teams in the competition on the field.
   Middleton and Mandeville ran the show that night.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 26, 2017, 09:20:41 pm by moses »
It was really good listen.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 26, 2017, 09:22:01 pm by mushRTID »
Is it available anywhere online to listen back?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 26, 2017, 09:22:51 pm by knockers »
Mush, it's on the radio Sheffield website

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 26, 2017, 09:27:20 pm by Wild Rover »
Or search Football Heaven,

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 26, 2017, 09:31:30 pm by mushRTID »
Thank you

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2017, 02:20:02 pm by Susan Abbott »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04z75fc
Darren : What price will you putting on John Marquis when they come calling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2017, 06:23:12 pm by roversontheup »
If the club don't want to sell and the player doesn't want to move then we don't need a figure. Just a 'he's not for sale !'

TinyPortal © 2005-2012