Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:16:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Getting them over the line”  (Read 40248 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: “Getting them over the line”
« Reply #270 on January 16, 2020, 07:50:35 pm by IDM »
There’s no way we’ve got anywhere near a top 6 budget.

Blatantly being lied to!

Having the budget, and being able to spend it, are two different things.

That’s not such a difficulty concept is it.?

I don’t understand how you can’t see that we’re being lied to with regards the budget.
Look at the last 2 managers that have Left.

https://youtu.be/KGJSsNOHbp0

1hour 37minutes on from Dickovs mouth...

Did we or did we not achieve top 6 last season.?

Even if we have a top 6 budget and we make signings, there is no guarantee, none at all, that the team will gel and succeed on the pitch.

Dickov.??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on January 16, 2020, 07:52:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
Interestingly, DM has now publicly admitted that we have missed out on some targets in this window as they have decided to go elsewhere. This is a definite change in tact from what we previously understood to be the case.

Can you tell me where in that interview he said we have missed out on targets? I've listened to it twice now and both times he answered the question if we had missed out as no.

In any event, one of the common sticking points which players hold out for is length of contract. We offer two, they want 3 etc. That's just a player and agents parogative.

Someone said he sounded unhappy. I didn't get that at all. It was a better line of questioning from Adam Oxley and he answered the only way he could do really.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-desire-signings-missing-out-players-and-why-no-deals-have-been-done-so-far-doncaster-rovers-1367536

Precis-

Idah would have been here at the start of the month, but injury crisis at Norwich stopped this.

Players have gone elsewhere, but Moore says the beauty is there are other targets out there.

Those who have gone elsewhere have done so for a variety of reasons, none of which are money.
Money wasn’t mentioned in the interview and I don’t believe DM would ever say it was about money any way to professional. So we don’t know the facts about money really.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on January 16, 2020, 07:53:22 pm by lee.j09 »

Blatantly being lied to!

I don’t understand how you can’t see that we’re being lied to with regards the budget.

Are you saying we didn't have a top six budget last season Lee?

We punched way above expectations last year. Again relying on loans. We got lucky in the fact we signed wilks and herbie Kane and they came good.

Top six budget last year not so sure to be honest doubt it. Maybe top half budget.

This year absolutely no where near top six!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on January 16, 2020, 07:53:32 pm by vaya »
Interestingly, DM has now publicly admitted that we have missed out on some targets in this window as they have decided to go elsewhere. This is a definite change in tact from what we previously understood to be the case.

Can you tell me where in that interview he said we have missed out on targets? I've listened to it twice now and both times he answered the question if we had missed out as no.

In any event, one of the common sticking points which players hold out for is length of contract. We offer two, they want 3 etc. That's just a player and agents parogative.

Someone said he sounded unhappy. I didn't get that at all. It was a better line of questioning from Adam Oxley and he answered the only way he could do really.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-desire-signings-missing-out-players-and-why-no-deals-have-been-done-so-far-doncaster-rovers-1367536

Precis-

Idah would have been here at the start of the month, but injury crisis at Norwich stopped this.

Players have gone elsewhere, but Moore says the beauty is there are other targets out there.

Those who have gone elsewhere have done so for a variety of reasons, none of which are money.
Money wasn’t mentioned in the interview and I don’t believe DM would ever say it was about money any way to professional. So we don’t know the facts about money really.

I think we can agree on that, Steve.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on January 16, 2020, 07:54:13 pm by IDM »

Precis-

Precisely, yet many fans are assuming we haven’t got any.!!

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on January 16, 2020, 07:55:35 pm by lee.j09 »

Blatantly being lied to!

Even if we have a top 6 budget and we make signings, there is no guarantee, none at all, that the team will gel and succeed on the pitch.

Dickov.??

Yes Dickov in that interview. Clearly states he was told to say he had a top six budget! He was told to lie....

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on January 16, 2020, 07:55:49 pm by vaya »

Blatantly being lied to!

We punched way above expectations last year. Again relying on loans. We got lucky in the fact we signed wilks and herbie Kane and they came good.

Top six budget last year not so sure to be honest doubt it. Maybe top half budget.

So finishing in the top six, doesn't mean we had a top six budget.

Got it.

You do realise you're arguing that budget doesn't directly define League position, don't you?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:59:52 pm by vaya »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on January 16, 2020, 07:55:58 pm by IDM »

Blatantly being lied to!

Prove it.!

How much is a “top six” budget, and how much is ours.?

Don’t I know.?

Well neither do I, but then I’m not claiming anything..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on January 16, 2020, 07:57:33 pm by IDM »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

Yes Dickov in that interview. Clearly states he was told to say he had a top six budget! He was told to lie....

Dickov wasn’t one of our previous two managers, and we’re talking about now..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on January 16, 2020, 08:00:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
IDM - what a pointless statement. Try proving that it is!

Just because someone says it is?

Nobody is ever going to put figures on here just so we can all say “oh yes, look, it is a top 6 budget”.

Question: Have we signed anyone yet? Answers on a postage stamp.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on January 16, 2020, 08:01:16 pm by LincsRover »
Dickov could have had a f*ck*ng premiership budget and we’d still have finished mid table or worse!  :turd: :turd:

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on January 16, 2020, 08:02:10 pm by lee.j09 »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

Where did I claim he was... I said look how the last 2 have left! Both questioned the budgets before jumping ship.

Dickov the manager before has stated he was told to lie about the budget.

IDM and VAYA I never claimed a top six budget means you’ll get in the top six did I? My grievance is with the fact we’re told that we have a top six budget when we don’t.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on January 16, 2020, 08:02:50 pm by vaya »

Nobody is ever going to put figures on here just so we can all say “oh yes, look, it is a top 6 budget”.

Whiteman and Anderson

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on January 16, 2020, 08:03:40 pm by lee.j09 »
Dickov could have had a f*ck*ng premiership budget and we’d still have finished mid table or worse!  :turd: :turd:

I totally agree but interesting interview with regards to what he was told to say.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on January 16, 2020, 08:03:54 pm by vaya »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

Where did I claim he was... I said look how the last 2 have left! Both questioned the budgets before jumping ship.

IDM and VAYA I never claimed a top six budget means you’ll get in the top six did I? My grievance is with the fact we’re told that we have a top six budget when we don’t.

Although you've absolutely no idea if that's the case or not.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on January 16, 2020, 08:06:07 pm by lee.j09 »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

I’ve pointed out that interview of an ex manager claiming that he was told to lie about having a top six budget when he had a much lower one.

How’s about you prove we do have a top six budget then...???

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on January 16, 2020, 08:06:32 pm by IDM »

Alan the point is that outside the club, with the possible exception of SM, none of us know what the budget actually is, nor what constitutes a. Top six budget.  But still some fans claim we don’t have what the club says we have..

Not signing players yet does not mean we haven’t got a reasonable budget, not definitively, there could just be difficulty spending it..

I am as aware as anyone else about the lack of and the need for signings, but I’m sick to death of the conclusion jumping that goes on..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on January 16, 2020, 08:07:36 pm by vaya »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

I’ve pointed out that interview of an ex manager claiming that he was told to lie about having a top six budget when he had a much lower one.

So not this manager and not this budget.

Got it.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on January 16, 2020, 08:09:46 pm by lee.j09 »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

Got it.

Still awaiting evidence that we have a top six budget.....

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on January 16, 2020, 08:10:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Thanks for posting the link. He didn't actually say that we’ve missed out on targets, he was giving reasons why they might not have  signed yet.

Listen to the Adam Oxley interview here when he asks the specific question.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p080kkwc

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #290 on January 16, 2020, 08:10:38 pm by IDM »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

Read my posts, I’m not making any claims that would require proof..

I’m highlighting the conclusion jumping that we see on here, when we are not in possession of all the facts...

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on January 16, 2020, 08:10:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
And you are equally guilty of conclusion jumping IDM, jumping to the conclusion that anyone suggesting that money could be the reason we are struggling to recruit is wrong.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on January 16, 2020, 08:11:23 pm by keith79 »
To be fair SM is only telling us what he has been told.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on January 16, 2020, 08:12:55 pm by keith79 »
Anyone know who's job it is to negotiate with other teams and players agents for the rovers?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on January 16, 2020, 08:14:54 pm by IDM »
And you are equally guilty of conclusion jumping IDM, jumping to the conclusion that anyone suggesting that money could be the reason we are struggling to recruit is wrong.

No, not that money “could” be the reason, but that money “is” the reason..

That we have been “lied to”..

Etc..

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on January 16, 2020, 08:14:57 pm by vaya »

Blatantly being lied to!

Dickov.??

Got it.

Still awaiting evidence that we have a top six budget.....

I haven't said we have a top six budget.

I haven't got a clue what the budget is Lee, just like you.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #296 on January 16, 2020, 08:16:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

But some people are claiming it to be a fact. They cannot back that up.

I cannot, nor anyone can claim any facts. Those that do are simply using it as a means to have a dig at the board.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on January 16, 2020, 08:17:26 pm by since-1969 »
What is a top six budget any way and how is a true measure of the clubs ambitions.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #298 on January 16, 2020, 08:21:27 pm by lee.j09 »
What is a top six budget any way and how is a true measure of the clubs ambitions.

May be worth asking the club seems as though they repeat that that’s the budget we have...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on January 16, 2020, 08:25:42 pm by dickos1 »
It’s all irrelevent
The only way we can show ambition and that we have money to spend is actually seeing it happen.
And at the moment it’s not.
It may be because we’ve been unlucky but at what point do we get to and then say f**k me we really are cutting our cloth here.

We’ve had around a dozen players leave and only a small percentage have been replaced.

Last season mccann said he hadn’t used all his budget, since then we’ve sold a player for over a million and released a number of well paid players and replaced only a couple of them.
Yes we’ve offered a couple of contracts to existing players but if we had money left in the budget last season then this surplus money should be emphatically more now.
Yet the actions of the club currently aren’t reflecting one which has lots of money available to spend.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012