Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:14:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Getting them over the line”  (Read 40236 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: “Getting them over the line”
« Reply #300 on January 16, 2020, 08:27:06 pm by vaya »
It’s all irrelevent
The only way we can show ambition and that we have money to spend is actually seeing it happen.
And at the moment it’s not.
It may be because we’ve been unlucky but at what point do we get to and then say f**k me we really are cutting our cloth here.

We’ve had around a dozen players leave and only a small percentage have been replaced.

Last season mccann said he hadn’t used all his budget, since then we’ve sold a player for over a million and released a number of well paid players and replaced only a couple of them.
Yes we’ve offered a couple of contracts to existing players but if we had money left in the budget last season then this surplus money should be emphatically more now.
Yet the actions of the club currently aren’t reflecting one which has lots of money available to spend.

Seven points off top spot though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on January 16, 2020, 08:31:50 pm by dickos1 »
League table means very little halfway through a season. Two weeks ago we were 15th.
The issues are what’s happening with our finances, we’ve recouped lots of money of the last 2/3 seasons and spent a lot less than we were

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #302 on January 16, 2020, 08:38:21 pm by IDM »
If you believe what DM is saying in recent days, wouldn’t you agree we are trying to spend the money, albeit for the “right” players he wants.?

It is frustrating and DM sees that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #303 on January 16, 2020, 08:47:26 pm by dickos1 »
I don’t know if we’re trying to spend the money, I’ve no idea what offers we’ve had in place or even if we have

All I know is we’ve recouped a hell of a lot of money over the last 3 years and not spent much of it

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on January 16, 2020, 08:54:05 pm by silent majority »
Well, what is it then, SM?

Something is preventing us getting DM’s targets. Something is not right!

At least we all know, now, that:

a) some of our targets have been missed (I.e. more than one).
b) despite what Campsall would have us believe, there are players out there that are available and were targeted by the manager.
c) the manager is going to be hacked off if we don’t strengthen this month.

The clock is ticking.

Which of our targets have been missed?

I'm not aware of any that have failed to sign, and if DM has said this can you point me in that direction because I'm not aware he's said anything like this.

The simple fact of the matter is that DM has his A plan, which he's sticking to. Hopefully news of that should break soon.

Yes there are players out there, but he ain't going to sign anyone just to please you or me. He could do it, he's got the money, he just doesn't want to.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #305 on January 16, 2020, 08:55:12 pm by silent majority »
League table means very little halfway through a season. Two weeks ago we were 15th.
The issues are what’s happening with our finances, we’ve recouped lots of money of the last 2/3 seasons and spent a lot less than we were

Again, with little fact available you're doing your elementary accounting and getting it all wrong.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on January 16, 2020, 08:58:36 pm by dickos1 »
Again,
I’m just stating what’s happened
Far more players have left over the last 3 years than have come in that’s there for everybody to see

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #307 on January 16, 2020, 09:00:24 pm by dickos1 »
The same sounds came out last season about the manager not wanting to spend the money at his disposal

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #308 on January 16, 2020, 09:00:41 pm by Rovers91 »
We are ok saying DM isnt just going to sign anyone but he did when he signed Thomas and Bingham. He did that because we were desperate as hell there can't be any other reason for it and in 2 weeks time we are looking like we will be in a similar position.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on January 16, 2020, 09:01:25 pm by silent majority »
The same sounds came out last season about the manager not wanting to spend the money at his disposal

It got spent last season, I wouldn't worry about that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on January 16, 2020, 09:04:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

b) despite what Campsall would have us believe, there are players out there that are available and were targeted by the manager.

The clock is ticking.

I'm not aware of any that have failed to sign, and if DM has said this can you point me in that direction because I'm not aware he's said anything like this.

The simple fact of the matter is that DM has his A plan, which he's sticking to. Hopefully news of that should break soon.

Yes there are players out there, but he ain't going to sign anyone just to please you or me. He could do it, he's got the money, he just doesn't want to.

Yes, I'm a bit bemused too. What Hoden is reporting in the DFP is not was DM actually said by DM unless Hoden has not published to full recording of DMs interview.

In Adam Oxley's interview, he clearly says we have not missed out on our targets . Normally in the pre match interviews, RS do the full interview, then Hoden follows up with his own questions. Has he misheard DM and published an error?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p080kkwc

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on January 16, 2020, 09:32:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
DFP  online seems to have changed recently lots of clickbait type pages Liams job description has changed recently by what he's said 2+2=5 perhaps   Chill and let DM get on with it  If a player doesnt want to come here fine you can led a horse to water but you cant make it drink. Look at the remnants DM was left with some incomings that were fetched in to bolster a very depleted squad left by his predecessor the bloke is doing a decent job stop yer bloody panicking and let him get on with it  He's doing well with what hes got and did well at his previous club, feck me win even one game in hand and we are up there    And as a slightly different issue we put our money into the club  fine the directors put in a damn sight more to keep the club afloat if they want to hang fire in League 1 so be it BUT we still have a club to support

and I can't be bothered to go back and put commas and full stops in :)

sod it lets all just meltdown :) I promise you all there will be bigger things to worry about in your lifetimes
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:38:34 pm by Dagenham Rover »

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #312 on January 16, 2020, 09:37:35 pm by dknward2 »
I follow normally have the full interview up by midnight so will be able to confirm when it’s up.

Think we need some good news soon as we have been told we are getting new players before this game then that game and still we wait.

We all know that we need new players including the manager and board and like signing whiteman we will spend if we need to.

Also if we have missed out on a player then f**k them they obviously don’t want to be here. Surely we want players who want to be here.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #313 on January 16, 2020, 10:36:53 pm by drfchound »
IDM - what a pointless statement. Try proving that it is!

Just because someone says it is?

Nobody is ever going to put figures on here just so we can all say “oh yes, look, it is a top 6 budget”.

Question: Have we signed anyone yet? Answers on a postage stamp.

Whiteman and Anderson

Ha ha.
I have been waiting for someone to say that.
I expected it to be someone else though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on January 16, 2020, 10:41:32 pm by drfchound »
Interestingly, DM has now publicly admitted that we have missed out on some targets in this window as they have decided to go elsewhere. This is a definite change in tact from what we previously understood to be the case.

Can you tell me where in that interview he said we have missed out on targets? I've listened to it twice now and both times he answered the question if we had missed out as no.

In any event, one of the common sticking points which players hold out for is length of contract. We offer two, they want 3 etc. That's just a player and agents parogative.

Someone said he sounded unhappy. I didn't get that at all. It was a better line of questioning from Adam Oxley and he answered the only way he could do really.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-desire-signings-missing-out-players-and-why-no-deals-have-been-done-so-far-doncaster-rovers-1367536

Precis-

Idah would have been here at the start of the month, but injury crisis at Norwich stopped this.

Players have gone elsewhere, but Moore says the beauty is there are other targets out there.

Those who have gone elsewhere have done so for a variety of reasons, none of which are money.
Money wasn’t mentioned in the interview and I don’t believe DM would ever say it was about money any way to professional. So we don’t know the facts about money really.

I think we can agree on that, Steve.

Quote from steve@dcfd “so we don’t know the facts about money really”.
Quote from vaya “I think we can agree on that Steve”

But vaya, in a previous post you clearly said that the reasons that players haven’t come to us is not money.

A bit of a contradiction eh.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on January 16, 2020, 10:49:55 pm by drfchound »
It’s obviously money and the boards unwillingness to show any ambition, teams like Rotherham and Fleetwood make us look stupid
So we play our players peanuts do we.

No we don’t. Some of the rubbish being posted on this forum has Zero credence. Evidence please.

Paul, I guess you will tell me that I am getting at you here, but we have no idea whether our players are well paid or not (compared to at other clubs) so when you say we are not paying our players peanuts, how can you know that.
There is no evidence to support either argument.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #316 on January 16, 2020, 10:54:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just a thought.

We have an excellent first XI in every single position.

It's very unlikely that we are going to be able to offer terms to a player who is sure that he's going to go straight into the first team.

Maybe some of the players who have chosen not to join us didn't want to be bench warmers?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #317 on January 16, 2020, 10:58:21 pm by dickos1 »
Players don’t sign for clubs expecting to waltz into the first team though.
They know they have to prove themselves.

A manager of any club will tell new recruits they will have to fight for their place in the side

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #318 on January 16, 2020, 11:00:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
And the overall issue is, even if we knew what the budget is and knew every players wages, we would still have no idea how to spend it well because we don't have the expertise or experience.

If half the fans in here had their way, we'd be bust in no time at all.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #319 on January 16, 2020, 11:02:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

A manager of any club will tell new recruits they will have to fight for their place in the side

Aye right. Wharrevva.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #320 on January 16, 2020, 11:03:30 pm by Chris Black come back »

We dealt with this specific point a few weeks ago - you claim we are spending “a lot less than we were” but as the last time you claimed this, you have no facts to prove this.

What you can say is “my strongly held belief is that we are spending a lot less than we were” but unless you are going to point to accepted figures, it is just yet another crank conspiracy theory.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on January 16, 2020, 11:06:42 pm by dickos1 »

We dealt with this specific point a few weeks ago - you claim we are spending “a lot less than we were” but as the last time you claimed this, you have no facts to prove this.

What you can say is “my strongly held belief is that we are spending a lot less than we were” but unless you are going to point to accepted figures, it is just yet another crank conspiracy theory.

Sorry
Not interested in getting involved in another nonsensical discussion like this with you

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #322 on January 16, 2020, 11:09:03 pm by Donny Exile in York »

The clock is ticking.

What about the two 'quality proven' strikers we bid for but didnt get during the summer... ?  I dont think Thomas and Bingham then fit the bill either

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on January 16, 2020, 11:24:56 pm by silent majority »

The clock is ticking.

What about the two 'quality proven' strikers we bid for but didnt get during the summer... ?  I dont think Thomas and Bingham then fit the bill either

We're talking specifically about the January window.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #324 on January 16, 2020, 11:48:30 pm by Danmckay456 »
Maybe unfollow Liam Hoden on Twitter that might do the trick 😉

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on January 17, 2020, 12:01:09 am by scawsby steve »
DM has now got a new nick name, the loan arranger and his side kick Tonto, high oh silver away😁

Right Dave, I've got a science question for you. What's the nearest thing to silver?

Answer; the Lone Ranger's b*llocks.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on January 17, 2020, 07:00:42 am by Jonathan »
Adam Oxley’s interview that’s linked from the BBC site is a different interview, that is abundantly clear. It’s a totally different section. What has been attributed to DM in the DFP is what DM will have said in a different interview. We don’t need the tapes, it’s been directly quoted.

DM does not deny having missed out on targets in the BBC interview. He answers a different question about why we let players leave.

For what it’s worth, nor does he deny any interest in Okenabirhie when asked in the BBC interview, he just doesn’t answer the question. We are talking about separate interviews, but I don’t think there’s any need to be debating what’s been said.

What was meant / inferred is another matter.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:06:31 am by Jonathan »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on January 17, 2020, 07:36:32 am by dickos1 »
Liam has now tweeted regarding these accusations

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on January 17, 2020, 08:09:50 am by Metalmicky »
It's like Groundhog Day on here........ I do wish some people would give their keyboard a rest... surely they have other things to do than to spend hour upon hour on here pontificating and willy waving...

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on January 17, 2020, 09:08:27 am by Colin C No.3 »

Yeah like, Darren Peacock, Alan Brown, Ray Deans, Steve Nichol, Leo Fortune West, Brian Stock, Matt Mills, Richie Wellens, Billy Sharp, Ben Whiteman etc., etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012