Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:50:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Terrace Muppet (s)  (Read 4109 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Terrace Muppet (s)
« on September 02, 2012, 09:25:38 am by southwestexile »
If it wasn't bad enough watching the second half collapse against Yeovil I had to spend the first half listen to a complete c**t standing about 8 yards to my right.

I'm sure that he thinks he's the funniest guy in the world, I don't think anyone else does.  For 45 mins he sang and shouted slagging off the Rovers, occassionally Yeovil (often with a mockney accent - bizzare) and then just random swearing.

t**t

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Terrace Muppet (s)
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2012, 09:59:52 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There is one or two like that for some reason. I just don't got their humour. How warm was it on the terrace yesterday though?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #2 on September 02, 2012, 10:22:50 am by GM-MarkB »
If it wasn't bad enough watching the second half collapse against Yeovil I had to spend the first half listen to a complete c**t standing about 8 yards to my right.

I'm sure that he thinks he's the funniest guy in the world, I don't think anyone else does.  For 45 mins he sang and shouted slagging off the Rovers, occassionally Yeovil (often with a mockney accent - bizzare) and then just random swearing.

t**t

Err if it was a terrace, why didn't you move ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 02, 2012, 10:47:11 am by Donnywolf »
There is one or two like that for some reason. I just don't got their humour. How warm was it on the terrace yesterday though?

It was w-a-r-m for sure

As for the swearing / banter etc I heard almost nothing and was bang in the middle of the goals half way back so the point was well made ... it is possible to move away

I did hear a couple of comments directed at Woods G and Tommy Spurr which were not funny but probably not meant to be.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #4 on September 02, 2012, 11:15:10 am by Chrisd_123 »

It was w-a-r-m for sure

As for the swearing / banter etc I heard almost nothing and was bang in the middle of the goals half way back so the point was well made ... it is possible to move away

I did hear a couple of comments directed at Woods G and Tommy Spurr which were not funny but probably not meant to be.

There were a few lads behind me giving G. Woods stick whenever the ball was in our half. The stick he gets is very harsh at times. Ok, sometimes he gets a bit nervous and doesn't come for some crosses when maybe he should but no keeper can come and claim every ball thats played into the box! He was getting stick if he didn't go for a ball played just on the edge of the box ffs!
Although I did hear anything directed at Spurr.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 02, 2012, 12:42:12 pm by stockyboy »
Me and two friends was leaning on the rail in middle at back for first half but had to move in second. Some absolute muppets stood right behind us, barely watching game, having a "laugh", giving out "banter". It was very tight squeezed in there as it was yet they still opted to stand right behind us so every time there was an bit of movement they just constantly bumped into us.

Some absolute idiots who support this club. I'm 19 but don't sound it, that's how bad I found it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2012, 02:22:06 pm by wilts rover »

t**t

Err if it was a terrace, why didn't you move ?

Mark, southwestexile was standing with a group of around 15-20 of us, standing infront of the South West Exiles flag in the compound on the right side. The muppet was standing, with mate, at the top of the steps on the gangway, to our right. The point swexile is making is not about him annoying us, he was annoying everyone with about 30 yards, but him abusing our players, cheering theirs and swearing profoundly and randomly as though he had tourettes. It got so bad that just before halftime the stewards came and 'had a word', when he got a bit quieter - do we need people like that 'following' our team, because he defiantely wasn't a fan and was just a pure embarrassment to anyone from Doncaster on thaat terrace.

pubteam

« Reply #7 on September 02, 2012, 02:25:36 pm by pubteam »
We have some real tossers supporting us. I'm ashamed that they're associated with the club at times.

Whether you like Gary Woods as a 'keeper or not, the constant heckling of him by a small group when he was in goal at our end was out of order. Some of it was just friendly 'banter' I suppose - not the sort of thing I find funny - but some of it extended to outright abuse. There is a time and a place for criticising players, but when they're stood a matter of yards away and 20 minutes into a match isn't one of them. In my eyes, there's no excuse whatsoever for shouting "You're still f'ing shit" at our goalkeeper during a match.

And then there was the thing with their physio. He was running round the back of the goal after giving treatment to their player, and a group of our fans sang "tracksuit from Matalan" at him, and he gave a smile. That bit was fine. I've no problem with that - a bit of teasing and him having a laugh at it too. But then, from nowhere, some moron decided to shout abuse at him, for no reason whatsoever. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was absolutely needless. If that bloke was walking past you in the street, you wouldn't call him a bas**rd or whatever, so why when you're at a football match? Completely moronic IMO, and makes me think twice about whether I want to travel to away games and be associated with these people.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 02, 2012, 02:51:47 pm by Northants Nomad »
His primary focus for his vitriol seemed to be Cotterill who seems to be subjected to personal character attacks from about 5 minutes in. Such comments as "you might be good on twitter but you're just a f*gg*t" really have no place at a football match. I was particularly puzzled by the comment "oh this is boring" after about 10 minutes...during which time we had had most of the pressure and been camped in the Yeovil half at the far end of the field. I suspect he wanted the game played at frenetic pace just in front of him, thereby focussing on him alone and his needs for his own personal entertainment.

With regards the comments about moving away, indeed that is an option. But it's about time society stopped tolerating people like this by turning the other cheek and accommodating them. It's about time these people ceased this activity and were told this is unacceptable. I would congratulate the stewards on this occasion for achieving this without fuss and with good effect.

Finally, why travel all that way to berate your own team in such a vitriolic manner?!?!

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 02, 2012, 06:12:23 pm by RedViking1234 »
have to agree with the last comments were stood not that far away and if teh stewards hadnt have had a word a few others of us would.... he was a complete idiot...not a supporter...

Been a Donny fan since 1970...seen some nobbers in my time ...but earns a gold medal.

True donny fans .... giving Haytor a send off, dissapointed he didnt acknowledge them...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2012, 06:47:38 pm by Donnywolf »
I thought Hayter did the usual thing and did not celebrate after scoring despite his Team mates going barmy. That was a good response and respected us as a Club / Fans

There were a few mutters about him NOT waving or applauding us for applauding him when he was substituted and thats where I think :

a) though there was applause from all the Rovers contingent it is quite possible he did not even hear it due to the rapturous reception he got from the 3300 others in the Ground ...or

b) if he did hear it perhaps he thought he had already done the respect bit by not celebrating the goal

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 03, 2012, 02:15:06 am by RoversAlias »
Glad I'm not the only one who has a marked disdain for a small section of our fanbase, particularly at away games.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 03, 2012, 07:02:14 am by Superspy »
Glad I'm not the only one who has a marked disdain for a small section of our fanbase, particularly at away games.

I've had similar issues with some of our fans since a particular away game I was at (can't remember which at the minute) where serveral idiots stood in our end thought it was appropriate to shout "get a proper job" at members of the armed forces doing a lap of honour.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 03, 2012, 07:37:47 am by Colin C No.3 »
Wouldn't you just love to be able to taser the morons!

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 03, 2012, 08:01:59 pm by southwestexile »
I wonder if there's a positive correlation between distance to away ground and number/level of t**tfaceness?

Cans on the bus?

As an exile I tend to only make it to away games where I usually find the support to be fairly amusing and wholly unlike the violence (running away) based support of yesteryear.

Glad it wasn't just me who thought the guy was a nob.

Such lovely weather and generally reserved home support made me feel like I was watching the cricket, imagine having a lovely pint on that terrace
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:02:10 am by southwestexile »

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 03, 2012, 09:25:12 pm by teeceerrr »
Every club has few of these followers. The one sat next to me at Walsall who seemed totally destroyed that we were winning 3-0 away from home is a point in case. Slagged every man and his dog off, seemed particularly focussed on Woods even though he kept a clean sheet. 

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 03, 2012, 10:12:20 pm by DonnyNoel »
I wonder if there's a positive correlation between distance to away ground and number/level of t**tfaceness?

Cans on the bus?

As an exile I tend to only make it to away games where I usually find the support to be fairly amusing and wholly unlike the violence (running away) based support of yesteryear.

Glad it wasn't me who thought the guy was a nob.

Such lovely weather and generally reserved home support made me feel like I was watching the cricket, imagine having a lovely pint on that terrace

Interesting theory, I haven't ventured much beyind the midlands in recent years but I went to Torquay in 04/05 and have never seen so many confrontations between fans of the same team. The oft shouted challenge being "I've come this far, I'll say what I bloody want"!

Edit - in fairness we were proper shit that day. So much so Rigoglioso came on for the last 20 and got MOTM!

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 09, 2012, 09:42:40 pm by DRFCSouth »
Can't understand the slagging off of our own players. Surely, it should be one in all in. No matter what they think of the player, we need that player to perform and he won't do it being slagged off. There are too many that aren't fans anyway, never were to start with. The only benefit they bring is the money through the door. I for one have felt privileged to have seen us in the championship, but was also there during the conference years. These idiots sound like temporary fans until it all starts going wrong, then they won't want to know.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012