Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:13:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Locked Posts  (Read 8714 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Locked Posts
« on September 05, 2012, 08:48:34 am by Wellred »
Can we not get mjdgreg's posts locked earlier please as they are always either antagonistic or full of crap.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Re: Locked Posts
« Reply #1 on September 05, 2012, 08:57:23 am by jucyberry »
I'm beginning to really, really miss Carling..   :(  :suicide:  ;)

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 05, 2012, 09:26:45 am by FuzzyDuck »
That's right Wellred - antagonistic post.  We can't be having that  ;)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 05, 2012, 10:13:28 am by SkellowRover »
Strange how roles reverse, i remember Wellred being just as antagonising and self opinionated as mjdgreg when SoD was in charge and he wanted shut of him.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:40:11 am by SkellowRover »

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 05, 2012, 11:09:17 am by mjdgreg »
It seems that it is current policy to lock my threads and threads that I post in, as soon as there is a whiff of my views being opposed to certain people on this forum. I would remind people that 'censorship is the suppression of speech or other communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the general body of people as determined by a government, media outlet, or other controlling body.'

Here is one of my favourite quotations about censorship:

'If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.'

It's a good job I've got a thick skin and am not as sensitive as a lot of people around here, and don't despise anybody. I don't get all upset when someone posts views that I disagree with. I welcome it because one day someone is going to say the opposite of what I'm saying and shock horror, I'm going to change my mind and agree with them! Unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:49:56 am by mjdgreg »

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 05, 2012, 11:58:09 am by Alan_Rovers »
Everyone on this forum is only full of their own self-importance and is antagonistic at the slightest thing anyway. If they weren't, the forum would not exist in the first place.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 05, 2012, 12:04:44 pm by RobTheRover »
Threads are locked when it is clear they are going in circles and posters are not willing to discuss the topic in hand, rather take entrenched views with no deference to another's point of view.

The moderators are within their rights to lock threads they deem are not contributing to either the debate or the health of the forum.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 05, 2012, 12:30:35 pm by jonnydog »
Apparently Bob Diamond's resigned!

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 05, 2012, 12:34:59 pm by DC- »
To be fair, the Coppinger one went a bit off topic.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 05, 2012, 01:16:45 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Why hasn't this thread been locked?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 05, 2012, 02:59:33 pm by RoversAlias »
Got to say I was disappointed that my thread discussing the Rovers career of Copps had to be locked due to mjdgreg turning it into another of his carbon copy ridiculous discussion threads.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 05, 2012, 03:53:55 pm by mjdgreg »
Got to say I was disappointed that my thread discussing the Rovers career of Copps had to be locked

I feel your pain. I have a suggestion. Remove all the posts from my first one on the thread and then re-open it. As it is obviously me that the moderators have got it in for, I then promise not to post on that thread. Sorted.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 05, 2012, 04:46:46 pm by donnyallday »
Ne mind Carling, SJ, Ashes to glory, theres always Donnymad to fall back on when folk on here have had a belly full of you. :thumbsup:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 05, 2012, 05:24:55 pm by Wellred »
Strange how roles reverse, i remember Wellred being just as antagonising and self opinionated as mjdgreg when SoD was in charge and he wanted shut of him.

So predictable that you would bite first Skellow.
I won't deny I wanted rid of SOD but I would deny I constantly posted drivel just to wind people up.

Oh and I also held my hands up when I was wrong. Something I have yet to see Mick do.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 05, 2012, 05:33:27 pm by SkellowRover »

I won't deny I wanted rid of SOD but I would deny I constantly posted drivel just to wind people up.

Oh and I also held my hands up when I was wrong. Something I have yet to see Mick do.

Biting? Nah just pointing out the hypocrisy.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 05, 2012, 05:37:24 pm by mjdgreg »
Oh and I also held my hands up when I was wrong. Something I have yet to see mjdgreg do.

How can I hold my hands up and say I was wrong when it has never happened?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 05, 2012, 05:43:20 pm by Wellred »

You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word hypocrisy. But never mind.

Biting? Nah just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 05, 2012, 07:26:05 pm by Rios »
Threads are locked when it is clear they are going in circles and posters are not willing to discuss the topic in hand, rather take entrenched views with no deference to another's point of view.

The moderators are within their rights to lock threads they deem are not contributing to either the debate or the health of the forum.

Ah, I see what you did there!  So the only way to get the shit threads closed that clog up the forum is to take them off-topic?  I wish you'd said that during the "experiment", but better late than never.

Soooooo.....   Lemon Curd is by far the best thing to spread on buttered toast quickly followed by Blueberry Jam.  Anyone who likes Marmite deserves to be garoted with a cheese wire.

That is all.

:lol:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 05, 2012, 08:13:11 pm by RobTheRover »
I was actually thinking of threads being hijacked into yet another SOD v Saunders mud slinging session,  but now you raise it Rios,  lemon curd really does get right on my wick!

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 05, 2012, 08:17:27 pm by DonnyNoel »
I was actually thinking of threads being hijacked into yet another SOD v Saunders mud slinging session,  but now you raise it Rios,  lemon curd really does get right on my wick!

So now its so far off topic we're talking RTR's Saturday night hobbies?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 05, 2012, 08:21:35 pm by RedJ »

didn't know that was the new special in Cussy's dungeon?  :P

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 05, 2012, 08:27:32 pm by RoversAlias »

Post of the week no doubt.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 05, 2012, 08:36:25 pm by Rios »

Heathen!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 05, 2012, 08:48:27 pm by silent majority »
Rios,

Does Bovril count? I love a cup of Bovril when the weathers foul.

Don't worry, I'll lock this thread after I've posted some more inane, infantile, argumentative bullshit.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 05, 2012, 08:53:20 pm by Rios »
You can get away with Bovril because a) it's a football forum and expected of us to drink it and b) I wouldn't put it on buttered toast!

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 05, 2012, 09:19:27 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Bloody hell - I've been scanning the forum for days for a worthwhile debate.

Lemon Curd in toast - eugh! In a tart - yes!  On bread - ok but not on toast.

Blueberry jam is a no on or in anything.

Marmite - supreme on toast. Simply the best if we're not going to fanny about heating up anything.

For the adventurous few, spread bread with Darylea then lightly spread marmite on the Darylea.  Go on.  Trust me!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 05, 2012, 09:23:40 pm by MachoMadness »
No mention of the humble honey on toast? Spread on top of a thick layer of butter for best results. It's the only correct answer in this debate.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 05, 2012, 09:24:03 pm by redwine »
]

For the adventurous few, spread bread with Darylea then lightly spread marmite on the Darylea.  Go on.  Trust me!

You pervert !!!!!!!!!!!

lol

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 05, 2012, 09:25:21 pm by BobG »
Now I know why you're in Switzerland Fuzzy!

Lol

BobG

PS Bovril all the way!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 05, 2012, 09:35:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Bloody hell - I've been scanning the forum for days for a worthwhile debate.

Lemon Curd in toast - eugh! In a tart - yes!  On bread - ok but not on toast.

Blueberry jam is a no on or in anything.

Marmite - supreme on toast. Simply the best if we're not going to fanny about heating up anything.

I like lemon curd in a tart as well  :woot:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012