Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:45:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John oster is alive  (Read 6640 times)

ryanb86

• Forum Member
John oster is alive
« on September 07, 2012, 11:22:45 am by ryanb86 »
Signed for barnet..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: John oster is alive
« Reply #1 on September 07, 2012, 11:26:34 am by Filo »
He`s better than that surely

ryanb86

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 07, 2012, 11:29:55 am by ryanb86 »
Getting on a little maybe nobody wanted him plus he would do a job at barnet, he likes to be centre of attention or he moans anyway

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 07, 2012, 11:33:40 am by Chris Black come back »
What a waste of talent. He is going to get kicked around League Two. Poor bloke, playing out your years getting bullied by players with 1/10 of your talent.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 07, 2012, 12:01:25 pm by hoolahoop »
I must admit it is a crying shame............total waste of talent. Well done Barnet for recognising that.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 07, 2012, 12:29:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd have had him back here to be honest.  He'd be an asset for anyone in league 1 I feel, creates an awful lot of goals.

pubteam

« Reply #6 on September 07, 2012, 12:31:02 pm by pubteam »
 :lol:

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 07, 2012, 12:51:38 pm by The Beast »
Would have him back here in a flash, we're crying out for someone who can pass the football. Oster in League 2 and Gillett in the Championship? The worlds gone mad!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 07, 2012, 01:13:25 pm by Alan_Rovers »
If no one else wants him, Barnet is better than being unemployed. Barnet fans will be in for a rude awakening though when they realise he can't shoot or run.... but at least he can pass... a lot!

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 07, 2012, 01:22:02 pm by donnyproletarian »
Cant shoot or run.Who remembers peterbrough away when he run the full length of the pitch to score in the dying minutes.He was the best midfielder in the championship a couple of seasons ago.Not sure what went wrong.Missing SOD or played out of position

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 07, 2012, 01:29:25 pm by Alan_Rovers »
He was the best midfielder in the championship a couple of seasons ago.

b*llocks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 07, 2012, 01:31:32 pm by IDM »
Cant shoot or run.Who remembers peterbrough away when he run the full length of the pitch to score in the dying minutes.He was the best midfielder in the championship a couple of seasons ago.Not sure what went wrong.Missing SOD or played out of position

I was at that game too, we stole a 2-1 win but the other goal was better, Roberts' curler into the corner...

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 07, 2012, 01:52:33 pm by drfcsteve »
I'd have had him back here to be honest.  He'd be an asset for anyone in league 1 I feel, creates an awful lot of goals.

Would have to agree. We're crying out for someone creative.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 07, 2012, 02:30:19 pm by MrFrost »
Wonder how much of this is down to his attitude?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 07, 2012, 02:51:41 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Big fan of his .....

Good luck John

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 07, 2012, 04:05:10 pm by StocktonRover »
By all accounts he has been training with Hartlepool recently, I was expecting to see him sign for them so Barnet is a suprise.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 07, 2012, 04:44:24 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He was really good the first two season's for us,but when the team was going downhill he followed with his form,it show's that the right decision was made to let him go,he will do well at that level,i was beginning to think he'd gone back to Grimsby,gone for a stroll along the docks,and somehow fell into a container,and ended up in the outer Hebrides  :laugh:

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 07, 2012, 04:59:21 pm by Jenny »
Barnet are my adopted London team as I couldn't quite bring myself to lend my support to my 'local team' down here. Look forward to seeing how he gets on!

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 07, 2012, 05:32:07 pm by The Beast »

He was the best midfielder in the championship a couple of seasons ago.

b*llocks.

Very articulate Alan, thought I was on WACCOE for a minute. I've always thought Oster was a very intelligent player, surprised he's not your cup of tea.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 07, 2012, 05:46:11 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Intelligent maybe, but the best player in this league the same year that Newcastle romped to the title he wasn't.

Wonder how long it will be before he gets arrested at Barnet.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 07, 2012, 07:27:23 pm by MachoMadness »
I don't see his temperament holding up in League 2 level. I imagine quite a few L2 players are relishing kicking him up and down the park. Needs quality around him to bring out the best in him - when that happens he is indeed a quality player, easily capable of running games in the Championship, but it makes me wonder how he'll adapt to that level. You'd have thought he could do better. It'll either be a real coup for Barnet or a big-money disaster.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 07, 2012, 08:10:43 pm by donnyproletarian »
Intelligent maybe, but the best player in this league the same year that Newcastle romped to the title he wasn't.

Wonder how long it will be before he gets arrested at Barnet.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 07, 2012, 08:30:55 pm by ditch_drfc »
I think plenty of you lot have got selective memory. Can someone give me just one example of a game he played last season where he played well? Actually, not even played well, but gave 100%?  Because to be completely fair, there wasn't one.

He didn't even play well against Palace at home. Complete fluke of a goal.

What he might have been like in 2009 doesn't really matter. The bloke isn't up to scratch with the Championship, and I don't think he'd be any good in league 1. As for league 2, let's see how he gets on. But I bet he won't be standing around looking pretty for too long.

For me he was by far our worst player last year. And judging by the reception he got at the Keepmoat towards the back end of last season, there's a few more in agreement with me.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 07, 2012, 08:35:15 pm by MachoMadness »
For me he was by far our worst player last year. And judging by the reception he got at the Keepmoat towards the back end of last season, there's a few more in agreement with me.

Oster had a poor season true, but if you think he was by far our worst player last year then I don't know what to say to you.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 07, 2012, 09:28:54 pm by ditch_drfc »

Oster had a poor season true, but if you think he was by far our worst player last year then I don't know what to say to you.

Well perhaps you could start by suggesting some other names

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 07, 2012, 09:33:52 pm by MachoMadness »
Just about everyone? There's a reason we finished bottom by miles. As far as I'm concerned only Sharp, Friend, Robert, Diouf (talking strictly on-field performances, here) and Fortune come out of last season with even a shred of credit. Maybe Hayter as well. Oster was bad, but in no way was he worse than the likes of Goulon, Ilunga, Chimbonda and the rest and, of course, he didn't spend 90% of the season injured either. Which automatically puts him above Woods, Keegan, Martis etc. At least he played a part.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 07, 2012, 10:28:12 pm by bradford exile »
"He was the best midfielder in the championship a couple of seasons ago.Not sure what went wrong"
Yes he was IMO..trouble was he stood in when Stocky was out for a lengthy spell and kept us in the championship (again IMO)..but when stock came back everything had to go through stock.. and Oster seemed to give in..and became very disolusioned.

Regards

Ray
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:30:52 pm by bradford exile »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 08, 2012, 03:31:20 am by RoversAlias »
Good luck to him yes, but I'd rather he were at Barnet than here. Best thing about the end of last season was him leaving.

pubteam

« Reply #28 on September 08, 2012, 05:45:18 pm by pubteam »
He had a particularly good season for us when he first arrived, but to say he was the best midfielder in the Championship is over egging it by far in my opinion. In a season where players like Kevin Nolan and Graham Dorrans, to name just two, stole most of the headlines in promotion winning sides, I think it is pure delusion to say that Oster was the pick of the division.

MartinB

« Reply #29 on September 08, 2012, 06:40:42 pm by MartinB »
Found his level...for the player he is now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012