Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:39:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England away games  (Read 1812 times)

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
England away games
« on September 09, 2012, 07:54:32 pm by teeceerrr »
Has anyone travelled to any England away games recently? Just wondering if you can buy official tickets without joining the fans club as it's £75 to join which is damn steep IMO.

Tried contacting the FA through the website but as yet there's been no response.

TC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: England away games
« Reply #1 on September 09, 2012, 08:46:09 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Silent Majority is the resident expert I'm sure he'll reply back soon if nobody else can answer

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 09, 2012, 10:35:13 pm by Rovers Return »
The answer to your question is no. All englandfans members are vetted and only they can buy official englandfans tickets. When the going is good and everybody wants to go then the £75.00 is a bargain. When its indifferent then you can pick tickets up for games, although rarely in the england fans section, off of touts, etc. When its a big game you will have to pay alot more than £75.00 for a ticket, therefore the membership fee becomes a bargain. I have done both over the years. It all depends on what and where you fancy going. If you join to go to the Qualifiers. Touts mainly, as the allocation for englandfans will generally sell out to top cappers. Although you would stand a small chance in the ballot for the low cappers. Brazil World Cup, my guess plenty of tickets available on the street, big stadiums and a long way to travel will reduce the numbers. All in all, if you don't mind travelling without the guarantee of seeing the game, live, and try and pick a ticket up from a local go for it thousands do. Now then the next euros in France will be a different ball game altogether. We will travel in our thousands, hundreds of thousands and being a member now will build up your capping level, hence making allocation of tickets virtually guaranteed.

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 09, 2012, 11:26:20 pm by DC- »
As someone else considering it in the near future, is the £75 a one-off fee or annual?

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 10, 2012, 09:08:34 am by PDS »
£75 covers a qualifying campaign and tournament so this period runs until Brazil 2014. Everyones membership expires at that point and you have to renew for the France 2016 campaign.

Thouroughly recommend an england away trip for anyone who hasn't tried one. sometimes not for the faint hearted but you really get to see bits of the world you would otherwise never have dreamed of visiting. just remember, it's not all about the football!

Just an addition to the post above - everything helpful about building up caps for tournament tickets and france 2016 will be difficult to get official tickets without a substantial number of loyalty "caps" but that means a lot of trips to wembley to build up the points in some quite meaningless friendly games. That can really eat up both annual leave from work and become an expensive hobby if you are only interested in attending the tournament. Means financially you's be better off just saving the cash and taking your chances through touts etc.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 10, 2012, 09:32:12 am by silent majority »
I can't add too much to the points made above, apart from the fee. Its a two year membership, therefore its £37.50 a year and if you buy Wembley tickets in the members sale period you get a £5 discount. Do two or three games at Wembley each year, again collecting your loyalty point or caps as they are known, and the cost has now reduced to £20 or so.

If you want to do an England away game, and only the odd one, then I wouldn't bother joining. If you want to be in the official England section at an away game that's possible but not guaranteed, depends on which tout you get your ticket off. However if you want to do it regularly and then take in the tournament that follows every two years then its more beneficial to join.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 10, 2012, 01:15:04 pm by Jim Dobbin »
I dropped out of the club soon after it became England Fans after being in the original one for years, England Fans club is all about fleecing the fans. You can always get tickets for any England away game and usually some of my mates who are still in the fan club get me the tickets and l doctor my hotel receipts & plane tickets to get the caps for them.

£75 - a joke. It was better before the happy clappers joined in and you could get tickets at tournaments.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 10, 2012, 05:09:53 pm by Rovers Return »
I dropped out of the club soon after it became England Fans after being in the original one for years, England Fans club is all about fleecing the fans. You can always get tickets for any England away game and usually some of my mates who are still in the fan club get me the tickets and l doctor my hotel receipts & plane tickets to get the caps for them.

£75 - a joke. It was better before the happy clappers joined in and you could get tickets at tournaments.

Not too sure about it being better Jim. I was in the  England Members Club and have been following England since about 1979. It was full of cockney  nutters who never really went to do anything other than cause a riot. It was so much joy finding out you were in the same section as the the 'shit stirrer' who wanted to take on the local riot police.  :boxing:

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 10, 2012, 09:09:30 pm by teeceerrr »
Cheers for the info. As much as I'd love to go to Brazil it's not on the cards financially so I'll probably just risk it and get tickets from the touts as and when.

Cheers

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 10, 2012, 09:32:25 pm by swain_drfc »
I'm hoping to go to brazil and France so would you suggest joining for 75 quid. I think it sounds pretty reasonable tbh to guarantee getting tickets

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 10, 2012, 09:36:43 pm by silent majority »
I'm hoping to go to brazil and France so would you suggest joining for 75 quid. I think it sounds pretty reasonable tbh to guarantee getting tickets

Brazil should be easy for tickets no matter how you do it. But if you want guaranteed tickets for France then you would have to be a member and start getting those loyalty points now. You will be able to get tickets from the touts of course but demand will outstrip supply much as it did in Germany. For instance when we played Trinidad and Tobago in Nuremberg there was over 100,000 England supporters there, but only 8,000 had tickets to get in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012