Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:07:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: R.I.P  (Read 2558 times)

ck-rtid

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Townender

• Forum Member
Re: R.I.P
« Reply #1 on September 10, 2012, 08:31:45 pm by Townender »
Terrible news, thoughts are with his family and friends.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 10, 2012, 08:43:51 pm by ridgewoodrover »
the really heart rending thing is 6 months after  we bring the  troops home ,   will it be any different i hope  with all  my heart  im wrong  but i dont think so.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 10, 2012, 09:06:40 pm by German Rover »
as a serving donny lad gutted to read this, so long as the town doesn't forget people like him and Liam Maughan, and the sacrifices they made and were prepared to make for everyone back home. hopefully will be the last but I know in my heart it won't be.

Now is not a time to be talking about fetching people home, it is the time to remember a professional soldier

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 11, 2012, 01:49:08 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Hearts of Gold all the soldier's who have served and are currently serving out there,no rolling round holding there ankles with these fellas and women,i think the government need to value them a lot more,the soldiers just see it as doing there jobs,but they are doing a lot more than that,the soldiers are out there to help,i'm not convinced the same can be said of the government,the olympics are short of security staff who steps in?,the fire service go on strike who steps in?,the soldiers of course,any sporting event or music gig in this country should be free to ex service men and women and currently serving one's as well-They look after us-so the government should look after them :scarf:

MartinB

« Reply #5 on September 11, 2012, 02:16:46 am by MartinB »
Such a shame. RIP

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 11, 2012, 07:22:37 am by RobTheRover »
Thoughts with his family and friends. RIP.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 11, 2012, 07:30:38 am by Muttley »
Hearts of Gold all the soldier's who have served and are currently serving out there,no rolling round holding there ankles with these fellas and women,i think the government need to value them a lot more,the soldiers just see it as doing there jobs,but they are doing a lot more than that,the soldiers are out there to help,i'm not convinced the same can be said of the government,the olympics are short of security staff who steps in?,the fire service go on strike who steps in?,the soldiers of course,any sporting event or music gig in this country should be free to ex service men and women and currently serving one's as well-They look after us-so the government should look after them :scarf:

And the nurses, we should do the same for them, they look after us when we're poorly.

But don't forget the doctors and dentists who use their skills to make us better.

And the policemen, firemen and ambulance drivers.

Oh, and the teachers who give us  knowledge.

And of course the ex-coal miners who powered this great nation.

How about the bus drivers who take us to work? And the binmen who clear up our rubbish?

Where do you stop?

People do their job for many reasons, god forbid if we started to get a load of lads joining up purely based on the chance of a free ticket to Glastonbury.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 11, 2012, 09:47:10 am by anton123 »
R I P DAVO from all the Thorne lads x

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 11, 2012, 10:46:58 am by DubaiRover »
Very sad to hear, a young father with a pregnant wife, it was his last tour.Very brave man indeed.

Please dont talk about pulling the troops out at such a sensitive time, it devalues Lee's life and every other soldier who has fallen.
Nobody wants war and nobody wants these casualties.

Lest we forget.

RIP brave soldier.

lewis9111

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 11, 2012, 01:37:38 pm by lewis9111 »
Was out on Sunday night in thorne and I think some of the poor guys friends were out, sung a great tribute to him, R.I.P

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 11, 2012, 02:02:04 pm by wing commander »
Very sad loss for his young family,our town and the country.... :( :(

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 12, 2012, 01:03:23 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Good points Muttley,difference is the soldiers put their lives on the line over there everyday,in a war zone,all the others mentioned do very fine jobs,but with the possible exception of firemen and ambulance drivers the rest don't,anyway none of this matters,R.I.P. to the brave man who has lost his life,my thoughts are with his family and friends,very,very sad xx

TinyPortal © 2005-2012