Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:53:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: London Calling  (Read 974 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
London Calling
« on September 10, 2012, 08:43:26 pm by Draytonian III »
Can anyone on here know the best tickets to buy for the London underground to cover 3 days weekend of the Leyton Orient  match. Daily ones ? Off Peak ? Zones ? Pay in advance ? On the day ? On line ? etc .   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: London Calling
« Reply #1 on September 10, 2012, 09:01:47 pm by Wellred »
Get an oyster card. You can buy one online at https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 10, 2012, 09:03:19 pm by glosterred »
Get yourself an oyster card from the TFL website - the prices on both the tube and buses are cheaper if you use the card. Top the card up as you feel the need to.

www.tfl.gov.uk

COYR

:scarf:

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 10, 2012, 09:12:21 pm by DC- »
Thirded. Avoided them for so long but the price discounts are necessary, especially for those of us who make more than one trip a decade down there. You'll be charged a fraction of the cost for a standard ticket up until the cost of a day ticket.

The only other way of getting around it would be to get a ticket to an overground station that lies around or just beyond the Orient ground (my knowledge of the area isn't great). That way, the online ticket selector sees the need to use the underground and so includes it in the price.

I've done it a few times when I've been down south. Reading is the latest example I can give; I got a ticket that allowed me to go through London but since the trains finish at different terminus the ticket allowed me to use the underground. Handy if you can figure it out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012