Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:51:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Isn't Transition Painful to watch?  (Read 1386 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Isn't Transition Painful to watch?
« on September 12, 2012, 12:21:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Been watching the England game,for once it's not Rover's transition it's England's,now where did old big nose get that Frank Lampard was man of the match?unbelievable apart from the penalty he really struggled getting around the pitch,can't really judge Defoe the only decent chance he got was put away,unfortunately the ref think's it's a foul,Steve Gerrard should have been took off twenty minutes before,he just's looks like the old dog you can't teach new trick's,better than Lampard but that isn't saying much,Glen Johnson was far and away our best player,as always though his final product isn't as good as the approach work.
Cleverly looked good in patches but i'm beginning to wonder if he's not another one over-rated,the Ox was the same,looked really promising in patches,Lescott looked dominant in the air and poor on the ground,Jagielka looked short on confidence on the ball,Baines had a decent game,just his final ball wasn't good enough,Joe Hart had nowt to do.
I Would personally have started with Welbeck up top,but it maybe wouldn't have made much difference,because this was a game where the supporting midfielder's just couldn't do there jobs,we need to quickly replace at least one of Gerrard or Lampard,i think Roy wimped out on the subs he made,plus does anybody know why we had two keepers on the bench,Milner for me is just an up and down player,nothing special,i know Sterling is a kid but i would have thrown him on last twenty minutes,just to create some energy in the game,Carrick should have come on for Gerrard way before he got sent-off.
Ukraine look just an ordinary middle of the road side with a bit of pace on the break,but even they keep the ball better than us at the minute,the fella on the left wing,if he isn't playing for one of the top teams soon there's something wrong,it's a good job we cut the service out to him second-half,because he is a top,top player,i thought the same when i saw him in the euro's.i do think they can be beat when they are at home,i think they're game is suited to playing away,but to beat them we would need Walcott on one wing and someone like Adam Johnson or the Ox wide left,or even longshot Sterling if he has developed enough by then,and also presuming he doesn't opt for playing for Jamaica.Just to sum up he needs to get the changes made that the side needs and quick,it was encouraging that we tried to play more football,but when things were still going wrong we went back to desperation football,although in the end this got us an equaliser,it won't always work!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Isn't Transition Painful to watch?
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2012, 01:10:31 am by Mr1Croft »
It was a tough game to watch, but I'm not sure I agree about Lampard, it wasn't his best performance but he had a role to do in midfield which is sometimes a role which looks messy when not used correctly but he played a decent game, I'm not sure he was MOTM but he shone out, Gerrard didn't seem to do much bar the odd decent ball played in the first half.

We looked like we would struggle to get back in the game after going 1 down and fair play to us, we deserved the goal.

Hodgson still unbeaten as England Manager which buys him more time and I am optimistic of the (very distant) future.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2012, 07:44:15 am by keyser_soze »
I'd say Wilshire is the only one pushing Gerrard/Lampard, but he seems to have had a long time out of the game.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2012, 10:22:31 am by nightporter »
Carrick.   :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :suicide:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 13, 2012, 08:41:38 am by selby »
its easy just pick any three young lower division players transfer them to manu or spurs give them two games on the subs bench and last two miniutes of games touching the ball once and hey presto 3 new England players

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 13, 2012, 11:26:11 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I know Cleverly got stick for some poor misses, but at the end of the day he got in those positions and if you keep getting in those positions you'll succeed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012